PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorta new...

Ansky#46
05-16-01, 03:04 PM
Hello... I was a regular on the yankees.com forum from late 1998 until... hmmm, I'm not sure... early 2000? I left because I didn't like the way the forum was moderated...

Anyway, I see that the forums were redone on yankees.com (again) and found there a mention of this site. I'm wondering if there are any fellow yankees.com refugees around, like SanFransky and AirJeter. Anyone recognize those names?

Well, even if I can't find any of my old pals, I look forward to talkin' Yanks again. My boy Andy is pitching tonight and we need another great performance from him!

This is a great site; I look forward to visiting every day. Love the game photos and recaps!

GO YANKS!

Chris
05-16-01, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Ansky#46
I left because I didn't like the way the forum was moderated...

There are alot of us here.
SanFransky is here, and I'm sure you'll recognize other people as well.

Welcome to the best Yankee fan site on the internet

Ansky#46
05-16-01, 03:27 PM
Thanks, chriscary! Your name is familiar too.

Anyway, I am glad to hear it. After a little digging I just found other familiar names (allybear, orangemom) on yankees.com too. For a while I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. I feel much better now.

I left yankees.com for good when I saw that Ansky39 had been banned. He was one of the best writers on there. Knowledgeable and funny. Is he here? He won't know me probably, but I remember him.

I hope I run into SanFransky soon. He and I met for beer one time at Mickey Mantle's. Nice guy with lots of funny stories.

Chris
05-16-01, 03:28 PM
I saw that Ansky#39 had been banned. He was one of the best writers on there. Knowledgeable and funny. Is he here?

Yup

Ansky#46
05-16-01, 03:31 PM
Thanks!

# 21 Forever
05-16-01, 05:25 PM
Welcome Ansky#46! Glad you have joined us!

JeanC
05-16-01, 05:59 PM
Ansky#46 I DO KNOW You!!!!! What was your old screenname over in the other place!? Cause I remember you meeting SanFransky when he flew back there!

Go look tonight in the Yankee Discussion about the Yankees Playing the Oakland A's ! You will find him there!

Air Jeter I havent seen in sooo long!

Ansky39 also posts here too!

Ansky39 is another reason why Im here! I couldnt imagine for the life of me why he was banned! I didnt like the old dominator anyways! Alot of us didnt thats why we are here!
Some still post there you are right like Ally but she posts here also!

I stayed there in the ol forum till I couldnt stand it no more!
One of the reasons I stayed was for the young folk! But then when I saw that most of them had tired of the mod there and were moving to here thats when I made my move!

Ansky46 you will love it here! Your post count will probably double as mine has since Ive been here! Jims forum is soooo Easy to write in! And he has the best attitude! He has given this forum to Us! He lets us say what we want because we love the Yankees! Yes he does curtail the ones that have a meanness that is not like a Yankee fan!

Jims the Best! You may have known Jim as BetterthenHoover in the other place! In fact I know you did!

Gee I would love to know your screen name!

Welcome Ansky #46 and Im looking forward to A Whole lot of
Happy & Inspiring Posts from you! Sooo Post ON!!!!

JeanC

or

Jeanne

or just a happy :D

Ansky#46
05-16-01, 06:13 PM
Jean, you should see the huge grin on my face! :D

I was Ansky#46 from the start. It's nice to be remembered!

I am very glad to be back. Don't know why I didn't come to this site earlier.

Thanks too, Kathy, for your warm welcome!

Now I must get home and prepare to watch another great Pettitte performance. :D

b-ball-lunachick
05-16-01, 07:49 PM
Welcome Ansky#46...I didn't know you from the other side, you had left before I joined...ansky39 does make me laugh too though!! :D

Welcome to the best site to talk Yankee baseball!! Great to have you!! :)

ZYANK
05-16-01, 10:21 PM
:) Welcome :)

patrick.o
05-17-01, 12:52 AM
Hello 46 :) If you're looking for the best Yankees discussion on the net, you've found it!

ClayBelle
05-17-01, 02:26 AM
Welcome aboard Ansky#46! Happy posting! :)

Ansky#46
05-17-01, 10:32 AM
Thanks for making me feel so welcome, everyone!

b-ball-lunachick, your mention of "the other side" gave me visions of joining an underground rebel force against the tyranny of the old boards... hee hee. I didn't have such a tough time of it over there, but I was bothered by how unfairly others were treated, and a few other things. No need to dwell on that, though... on to Yankee baseball! It's nice to hear you also enjoy A39's posts.

Claybelle, I met your man at spring training last year (Yanks @ Reds). He signed something for me, and after I told him to have a great season, he said, "Thank you very much" in a surprisingly <b>deep</b> voice! Also, I was at Yankee Stadium when he got his first hit in the majors, but sadly I was away buying hot chocolate. Saw it on the monitors. Gotta love rookie moments!

ZYANK and patrick.o, thank you!

I look forward to chatting with you all. I may not be so coherent today after last night's late game though.

#1PaFan
05-17-01, 12:44 PM
Welcome home #46! You're going to love it here.

Plus, you no longer have to worry about this guy:

http://www.macconsult.com/bogart/images/caine/caine1.jpg

:)

SanFrANSKY
05-17-01, 01:38 PM
I'm wondering if there are any fellow yankees.com refugees around, like SanFransky and AirJeter. Anyone recognize those names?GO YANKS!

Sorry, never heard of 'em. :D

The last time I saw A46 she was trying to say goodbye to us at Mickey Mantle's but she just couldn't leave.

So good to hear from you after so very long. AirJeter changed her handle to Teacher's Pettitte but has been quiet for some time. I think I have her ph# if it becomes necessary to hunt her down. Anyway, welcome and please don't be a stranger!

Ansky#46
05-17-01, 02:59 PM
That's right, SanFrANSKY, we did meet at Mickey's with AirJeter also! I think it was around the time of my wedding. Glad I found you. I'd love to hear your take on Coney's move to Boston...

And guess what, hubby gave me the new Roger Angell book on David Cone for my birthday and I am about 60 pages in (it reads like a gigantic New Yorker article; that's not a bad thing). Not until page 63 is there a mention of my boy! What's up with that?

Teacher's Pettitte, huh? Cute! I learned just the other week that the Yanks call him "Pet." Awwww. Anyway, she, Pinetar and I vied for the title of Biggest Andy Fan. I think it was a three-way tie. :D

#1PaFan... I remember you... did we discuss the Phillies? I grew up in PA and that was the first team I saw. I have Pete Rose's autograph from 1980 or so (as well as much of the rest of the team's -- but not Mike Schmidt, he wouldn't sign my cheesy little autograph book which was passed along the dugout).

Your Bogey picture made me laugh but I confess... I don't get it... Was there a rude poster on the old forum by the name of Bogart? Or is it a reference to Dom? Please refresh my memory!

By the way, I'm embarrassed that my intro thread is entitled "lorta new" but it makes me laugh also. I was changing the subject from "sorta new" to "I'm sorta new" when an unfortunate combination of keystrokes sent my post to the server prematurely. Oh well.

Anyway, this is great... I don't know why I didn't seek you all out sooner. I always thought of this gang fondly. It's heartwarming to see the familiar old names, and I'm happy to meet new (to me) folks as well.

nicky_d
05-17-01, 05:55 PM
Welcome home, A46. Burn your "Stadium Club" membership card. It's not needed here.........

JeanC
05-17-01, 09:20 PM
Ansky#46 Its in reference to Dumb... I mean Dom....

Kim*21
05-17-01, 09:44 PM
Welcome Ansky #46! I was also one of the old y.com members, I posted as pauliesgirl21, I haven't been there for a long, long time, I finally saw the light :D You'll love it here, I know I do.

#1PA - that picture makes me laugh everytime :lol:

Kim :)

patrick.o
05-17-01, 10:42 PM
#46, be embarrassed no more :)

And PaFan, I never had any go-rounds with Dom, but that pic cracks me up every time, too. I think I'm going to go rent that movie again.

allybear
05-18-01, 09:46 PM
Hi #46!!! I just looked in here today and saw you remember me (awwe - thanks)! Welcome to the best place for Yankees conversation - you are really going to like it here!

Keep smiling and enjoy...:)

Shel
05-20-01, 06:31 PM
Welcome! :)

GSYanks
06-25-05, 08:25 PM
This thread is VERY old. However, somehow I ran across this. I left the old, old, old Yankees forum in about 1998. Man, thosewere the days. I was known as GS back then, but that name must be taken nowadays.

Great posters back in the day like:
Ansky39
Sharpin (he and I used to go rounds)
#1PAFan
MarieP

ring403
06-26-05, 04:24 PM
This is a great site; I look forward to visiting every day.

Welcome!

(That's just for you, JDPNYY!) :D

JDPNYY
06-26-05, 04:26 PM
Welcome!

(That's just for you, JDPNYY!) :D

Nice.... real nice.

Tifoso
06-28-05, 12:32 AM
Hello... I was a regular on the yankees.com forum from late 1998 until... hmmm, I'm not sure... early 2000? I left because I didn't like the way the forum was moderated...

Anyway, I see that the forums were redone on yankees.com (again) and found there a mention of this site. I'm wondering if there are any fellow yankees.com refugees around, like SanFransky and AirJeter. Anyone recognize those names?

Well, even if I can't find any of my old pals, I look forward to talkin' Yanks again. My boy Andy is pitching tonight and we need another great performance from him!

This is a great site; I look forward to visiting every day. Love the game photos and recaps!

GO YANKS!

Welcome--you're moving up :D :NY:

DontHateOnNumber2
06-28-05, 09:09 AM
Welcome back

bleachersown
06-28-05, 11:14 PM
welcome:NY:

Oz_Bomber
06-29-05, 01:57 AM
welcome

Boogiedown Bomber
06-29-05, 11:17 AM
welcome!

NYYFAN
06-29-05, 11:25 AM
This is just crazy...:lol:

Babe Rules
06-29-05, 07:27 PM
Welcome back!

YankeeClemens22
07-04-05, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the forum??? Sorry for my late reply.

in MO I trust 42
07-06-05, 07:47 PM
welcome!