PDA

View Full Version : any fellow andy fans???

PetFan46
05-16-01, 02:03 PM
hey everyone! so i guess im new here. can you believe i just became a yankees fan this past year?! see im from MD so technically i should be an o's fan, but i came to college here in NY and i just couldnt resist andy's smile. when the world series was on, everyone in my dorm was watching it and my roommates were rooting for the mets. so i figured, ok, i'll root for the mets too. but as soon as andys face popped up on the screen i changed my mind immediately. i am amazed by him and can watch him play all day long. so my roommates got mad at me for switching over. but they'll got over it. so i've only been to 3 games but dont worry, im definitley a yankees fan to stay. i also love tino and jorge:) and im gonna be real sad when i go back home for the summer b/c they dont play yanks games in MD everyday! so if anyone knows how i can get the games on tv down there, LET ME KNOW! and if anyone has any good andy pics, let me know too! b/c i love him:) aight, catch ya lata!

Chris
05-16-01, 02:10 PM
Welcome.

You can get Yankee games in Maryland with a sattelite dish

JeanC
05-16-01, 05:48 PM
PetFan46 Welcome To Our Bronx-Bombers Forum! The Best Knowledgeable Forum for Yankees Fans There is!

Better Yet Welcome To Becoming A Yankee Fan! The way you became one because of One Solid Pitcher we have sounds like you didnt join bandwagon style which is even better! Cause you joined on your own free thinking! That is great! That is the way most all of us became Yankee Fans here! And there have been ones just like me that have been a Yankee Fan All Our Life!

Knowing You Like Andy there are many Pettite fans here one in particular I met from another forum! Her name is Pinetar! If you ever see her here tell her I told you she was one of Andy's Best Fans!

Now About Gettint the Games in Maryland Chris was right!
The Best Way is with a Satelite Dish! The Best Company for that is Directv! You can get the sports package for 10 bucks and also the Ex Innings Pkg (which you must have to see Yankeegams along with the Sports pkg) will be at a discount by the time you get back to Maryland will be at its discount rate for the remainder of the season!

Also you can hear for free Sterling & Kay on http://www.wiry.com on your computer with Windows media !

Hope Ive helped!

Again Welcome here & post on!!!

Jean

PetFan46
05-16-01, 06:17 PM
thanks chriscary. and thanks jeanc for making me feel really welcome!

b-ball-lunachick
05-16-01, 07:42 PM
Welcome PetFan46!! gotta start somewhere...I was roped in by Bucky Dent's smile as a young girl in the late 70's!! :)

Great to have you!! Happy Posting!! :)

Ansky#46
05-16-01, 08:24 PM
I know what you mean, Andy can really draw you into his game! He is gamer and has the heart of a tiger.

I would "welcome" you, but it's my first day here myself, ha. (Sort of.)

I look forward to talking Yanks and pitching with ya.

ZYANK
05-16-01, 10:20 PM
:) Welcome :)

patrick.o
05-17-01, 12:47 AM
Welcome :) If you like baseball, especially Yankees baseball, you've come to the right place.

ClayBelle
05-17-01, 02:24 AM
Welcome aboard PetFan #46! Happy posting! :)

Eddie160
05-17-01, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by JeanC
PetFan46 Welcome To Our Bronx-Bombers Forum! The Best Knowledgeable Forum for Yankees Fans There is!

that is so true about this site. Welcome and enjoy!
I live in Florida and I see alot of the Yankee games on satelite.Look into it it's not that expencive.

# 21 Forever
05-18-01, 08:10 PM
Welcome PetFan46! Hope you enjoy yourself here!

allybear
05-18-01, 09:48 PM
Welcome Pet Fan! Who isn't an Andy fan?!? Glad to see you became a Yankees fan - there are a lot of really great fans here, and you can learn a lot of Yankees history from talking to people here, which is a great thing for a new fan!

Keep smiling and welcome aboard...:)

Jimbo
05-19-01, 11:15 AM
PetFan46,

Welcome to B-B.com!

:cool: :smokin: :cool:

Shel
05-20-01, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by PetFan46
...i just couldnt resist andy's smile...and if anyone has any good andy pics, let me know too! b/c i love him:)....
Welcome! Perhaps you might like this picture --

PetFan46
05-21-01, 04:04 PM
thanks! i LOVE that picture!!!
andy's pitching tomorrow:)

Ansky#46
05-21-01, 08:06 PM
This one is my favorite.

It was taken while Andy was pitching 7 1/3 innings of shutout ball in Game 4 of the '98 World Series. He had struggled a lot at the end of that season and then came back with a gem against the Padres.

Enjoy!

CarolR
05-22-01, 11:56 AM
Welcome!!!!!! I could go on and on and on about Andy!!!!! This site is awesome....So many great people..........Have a good time here!!!!!

PettittesPrincess
06-17-01, 12:13 AM
Yeah I'd have to say I'm an Andy fan. His stare is so intense. Though the tendon thing on his elbow his kinda freaky. Anyone else seen that?

AndyFan46
06-17-01, 10:38 PM
I was so sad that Andy had to be pulled from the game Friday because of the groin again :(. Plus it was his birthday and I actually got to see it on TV thanks to FX! I also saw the Atlanta game when he first injured it and was sad then too :(! I hope he gets well soon!

I live in Baltimore so I only get to see Orioles games most of the time. But I do get to see Yankees games when they're on ESPN, Fox, or when they play the Orioles. And I've seen a lot of games Andy's pitched in recently. Last year I saw two Yankee games at Camden Yards, one in July and one in September and Andy pitched in both of them :D! He won the first one :) but got pulled out by the second inning in the September game :(. This year I missed seeing Andy pitch in person by one game, but I got to see :moose: pitch against the Orioles for the first time.

Anyway, I think he's great and hopefully when Andy is off the DL, he will pitch just as well as he did before the injury!

PetFan46
06-18-01, 07:51 PM
i cant believe i forgot his birthday!!! lol
but i'm going to the o's game on the 4th of july when the yanks are in town! i cant wait!!!!!!!
i hope andy gets better soon enough to pitch in that series, and hopefully on the day i go!

PippyPinstripes
06-19-01, 03:43 AM
JeanC, THANK YOU for that radio link! Fortunately, there is a station here that broadcasts yankees baseball, but for one reason or another, sometimes they don't broadcast. So again, THANK YOU!