PDA

View Full Version : URGENT NEWBURGH NAUGHTIES Problem

Big_E
06-20-05, 10:47 AM
Boo_427, who probably is not familiar with our rules, dropped JC Romero (RP, Min) and added Pete Walker (RP, Tor), sliding Walker into an RP slot.

THE PROBLEM IS: Walker is scheduled to make TWO STARTS this week, and therefore is INELIGIBLE to be a RP.

Can a commissioner UNDO the drop or Romero and the add of Walker???

Boo...for the record: ONLY RP's are allowed in the RP slot. Even if someone is eligible at RP AND SP, they CANNOT be put into the RP slot if they are starting games.

JDPNYY
06-20-05, 10:48 AM
Freakin' newbies.

Hitman23
06-20-05, 10:49 AM
Freakin' newbies.:roflmao:

Big_E
06-20-05, 10:57 AM
Thank you to whichever Commissioner or AssCom who reversed the move. :D

Also...apologies to Boo_427: I hope you don't feel like I was "calling you out" on this issue. Everyone makes mistakes. But with rosters locking today, the only way I could be sure that a Commissioner or AssCom would see this message and make the changes quickly was to do it publically. :)

bakntime
06-20-05, 10:58 AM
I undid the transaction, and put Romero back in the RP slot. If anyone has an issue with this, let me know!

boo_427
06-20-05, 11:41 AM
I undid the transaction, and put Romero back in the RP slot. If anyone has an issue with this, let me know!

I have issue. Romero is hurt.

If a pitcher is labled as a P can he be put in RP spot?

Hitman23
06-20-05, 11:45 AM
I have issue. Romero is hurt.

If a pitcher is labled as a P can he be put in RP spot?You weren't notified of the agreement we have. It's cool, you made a mistake, but you need to know.

A starter needs to be in the SP slot and a RP needs to be in the RP slot. However if before the deadline to make moves a reliever is shown to have a scheduled start, he is not allowed to be used as a RP.

boo_427
06-20-05, 11:45 AM
Is there anyway Pete Walker can be added back to my roster? He can't be claimed until Thurs?!?

He is pitching twice this week and I would prefer to have him in my starting lineup!

As stated this is urgent.

boo_427
06-20-05, 11:46 AM
You weren't notified of the agreement we have. It's cool, you made a mistake, but you need to know.

A starter needs to be in the SP slot and a RP needs to be in the RP slot. However if before the deadline to make moves a reliever is shown to have a scheduled start, he is not allowed to be used as a RP.

That's cool. My bad. In fact, it automatically put him in my lineup as a RP. I couldn't change him to a SP!

Hitman23
06-20-05, 11:49 AM
That's cool. My bad. In fact, it automatically put him in my lineup as a RP. I couldn't change him to a SP!Well, you can if he is eligible. If he's not you're assed out. We've had this problem before where a reliever doesn't have the option of being a SP because CBS hasn't made him eligible.

Just keep that in mind when you're messing around with your pitchers. If you pick up a reliever and he has a scheduled start, you cannot have him in your RP slot or you get dinged.

boo_427
06-20-05, 11:51 AM
Well, you can if he is eligible. If he's not you're assed out. We've had this problem before where a reliever doesn't have the option of being a SP because CBS hasn't made him eligible.

Just keep that in mind when you're messing around with your pitchers. If you pick up a reliever and he has a scheduled start, you cannot have him in your RP slot or you get dinged.

Alright, I got it.

If a Commish could drop Houlton and add Walker in his place that would be great. If not, I'll take my medicine.

Big_E
06-20-05, 11:53 AM
Is there anyway Pete Walker can be added back to my roster? He can't be claimed until Thurs?!?

He is pitching twice this week and I would prefer to have him in my starting lineup!

As stated this is urgent.

You have to drop a current SP (or bench player, of course), then have a Commissioner or AssCom move him to SP.

But if you have issue with Romero being injured, you'd need to sign a RP who is not starting this week. :)

bakntime
06-20-05, 11:56 AM
I'm in a hurry - off to a dentist appt... I added Walker, dropped Houlton, because in my mind, if you had known about the rule, you probably would have made that move anyway.

As far as eligibility, we're allowed to give a guy SP eligibility if we know he's starting, right? If so, we can update Walker to have SP eligibility as well so that he can be started this week.

I have to go now, but rosters aren't frozen until around 6:30 tonight, becuase there are no day games, so we have time to discuss.

boo_427
06-20-05, 11:56 AM
To the commish helping me out, could you make Walker eligible for SP. Thanks to whoever, very much, sorry about the issue.

boo_427
06-20-05, 11:57 AM
I'm in a hurry - off to a dentist appt... I added Walker, dropped Houlton, because in my mind, if you had known about the rule, you probably would have made that move anyway.

As far as eligibility, we're allowed to give a guy SP eligibility if we know he's starting, right? If so, we can update Walker to have SP eligibility as well so that he can be started this week.

I have to go now, but rosters aren't frozen until around 6:30 tonight, becuase there are no day games, so we have time to discuss.

Thanks a ton Vito, sorry for the inconvience! :D

Big_E
06-20-05, 11:59 AM

Correct, that's always been the policy in the past, esp when a reliever moves to SP, or when a rookie (since almost all rookies in the Sportsline system it seems, are classified as RP) gets called up from the minors. I believe we gave special treatment to Smoltz this year, so there should be no objection to doing the same in this case.

Soriambi
06-20-05, 02:13 PM
Correct, that's always been the policy in the past, esp when a reliever moves to SP, or when a rookie (since almost all rookies in the Sportsline system it seems, are classified as RP) gets called up from the minors. I believe we gave special treatment to Smoltz this year, so there should be no objection to doing the same in this case.

This is correct. I've SPified Walker.

The reasoning is that if they're SP that week, and they are classified as a RP, then the owner can't use them as a SP OR a RP, which doesn't make much sense. Since our rule is to only let them be a SP if they're starting and a RP if they're relieving, they should be able to do whatever they're doing that weel, but it has to be brought to our attention for us to give them the eligibility.

boo_427
06-20-05, 02:18 PM
This is correct. I've SPified Walker.

The reasoning is that if they're SP that week, and they are classified as a RP, then the owner can't use them as a SP OR a RP, which doesn't make much sense. Since our rule is to only let them be a SP if they're starting and a RP if they're relieving, they should be able to do whatever they're doing that weel, but it has to be brought to our attention for us to give them the eligibility.

Thanks for taking care of that for me. :)

JDPNYY
06-20-05, 02:24 PM
The Ligers have an urgent problem too.

They need Shawn Estes & Rondell White activated and El Duque & Jacques Jones deactivated for Week 11. Please let me know when our Week 11 score has been updated to reflect those changes.

Thank you for your excellent efforts.

Hitman23
06-20-05, 02:26 PM

They need Shawn Estes & Rondell White activated and El Duque & Jacques Jones deactivated for Week 11. Please let me know when our Week 11 score has been updated to reflect those changes.

Thank you for your excellent efforts.I object.

JDPNYY
06-20-05, 02:26 PM
I object.

Objection denied.

Stupid Flanders
06-20-05, 02:27 PM

Just piling on, huh

Hitman23
06-20-05, 02:29 PM
Objection denied.take that back or I'm gonna beat you down with your own gavel. :lol:

Stupid Flanders
06-20-05, 02:31 PM
John apparantly feels that he didn't win by enough points

JDPNYY
06-20-05, 02:33 PM
John apparantly feels that he didn't win by enough points

I'm just trying to get a larger lead in the Wildcard Standings on Big_E.

miko
06-20-05, 02:35 PM
I'm just trying to get a larger lead in the Wildcard Standings on Big_E.
Big_E's answer to that would be for you to bench Danny Kolb.

Big_E
06-20-05, 02:35 PM

While we're at it, I meant to activate Joe Blanton, and de-activate Kyle Davies for Week 11. Can we fix that now? And put Lew Ford in the l/u and take out Jim Edmonds? Much appreciated. :D

JDPNYY
06-20-05, 02:36 PM
Big_E's answer to that would be for you to bench Danny Kolb.

No problem. You can bench Danny for last week too.

Let me know when you have everything corrected for me Miko. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you fixing this for me.

PinstripePride
06-20-05, 03:41 PM
That's why I cut Pete Walker. :lol:

patrick.o
06-21-05, 01:44 AM
While we're talking about this, what's the penalty for an RP getting starts again? Was it one start gets him a zero for the week and two starts gets him a penalty? Or one start gets subtracted off your total and two starts gets him a zero? I can't seem to recall.....

Big_E
06-21-05, 05:13 AM
I think if you should have known about the start(s) in advance, you get zero points. (You could also face a Commissioner/AssCom editing your roster if you have a RP on the bench).

If you couldn't have known about the start(s) before rosters locked (a true emergency start) then there is no penalty, however, RPs are not eligible for CG or QS points, and the scoring system has been set up this year to reflect that.

IIRC

BANZAIMATSUI
06-21-05, 08:12 PM
Boo_427, who probably is not familiar with our rules, dropped JC Romero (RP, Min) and added Pete Walker (RP, Tor), sliding Walker into an RP slot.

THE PROBLEM IS: Walker is scheduled to make TWO STARTS this week, and therefore is INELIGIBLE to be a RP.

Can a commissioner UNDO the drop or Romero and the add of Walker???

Boo...for the record: ONLY RP's are allowed in the RP slot. Even if someone is eligible at RP AND SP, they CANNOT be put into the RP slot if they are starting games.

Obviously, he doesn't know the rules we go by, but it does raise an interesting point. Every yr we go thru this problem with sp/rp slots, we really need to find someone to channel Einstein so that we can solve this once and for all.

miko
06-22-05, 12:22 AM
Obviously, he doesn't know the rules we go by, but it does raise an interesting point. Every yr we go thru this problem with sp/rp slots, we really need to find someone to channel Einstein so that we can solve this once and for all.
Did someone overturn the rock you were living under? Haven't seen you here in a while. :lol:

patrick.o
06-22-05, 12:30 AM
Leave him alone, he's been busy pooping on Canada.

Soriambi
06-22-05, 12:32 AM
While we're talking about this, what's the penalty for an RP getting starts again? Was it one start gets him a zero for the week and two starts gets him a penalty? Or one start gets subtracted off your total and two starts gets him a zero? I can't seem to recall.....

I do believe it's 0 for the first start, lowest total of any FA starter for the second.

Soriambi
06-22-05, 12:38 AM
I do believe it's 0 for the first start, lowest total of any FA starter for the second.

It's actually 0 OR the total, if the total that the pitcher scores is below zero. I could be wrong, though. :lol: If anyone knows for sure or if they have a link to the rule, feel free to tell me so. ;)

miko
06-22-05, 12:52 AM
Leave him alone, he's been busy pooping on Canada.
Yeah his sig is funny - right now nuclear weapons are being aimed at my house waiting for a response but as a proud Canadian (and American) I won't go there - besides it is from the Insult Dog anyways - BM isn't smart enough to write his own material. The best he can come up with is Wooooooooo which is a lot better than last year's classic - UGH!. The only thing I fear about the Horsemen is not getting all the sh!t cleaned off my boots after a good ass kicking.

Big_E
06-22-05, 05:45 AM

It would be FA reliever, not starter if that was the penalty. :)

BANZAIMATSUI
06-22-05, 09:35 AM
Did someone overturn the rock you were living under? Haven't seen you here in a while. :lol:

Actually I haven't been under a rock but rather under YOUR MOM. That woman sure does like to ride THE 4 HORSEMEN!!

boo_427
06-22-05, 09:41 AM
I saw this thread got bumped and I was asking myself, what did I do now? :dunno: :D

Big_E
06-22-05, 10:21 AM
I saw this thread got bumped and I was asking myself, what did I do now? :dunno: :D

:lol: I'm sure something will come up! :lol:

Bad break with Gagne...I have him in another keeper league and am contemplating dropping him, though I have the space on the DL. The difference in that league is that there's no two-round penalty for keeping a player, but you can only keep someone twice. So he still has some trade value, making it worth keeping him the rest of the season in case someone wants to take a chance on him.

But here, as a first round pick he has no keeper or trade value, unfortunately.

Hitman23
06-22-05, 10:29 AM
Gagne...I have him in another keeper league and am contemplating dropping him, though I have the space on the DL.I have him too and I dropped him today. It's a keeper league, but only for 4 years at a time then it's a fresh start.

Anyway, since you have room, keep him, what can it hurt? Why even contimplate this? fool.

Big_E
06-22-05, 10:32 AM
Anyway, since you have room, keep him, what can it hurt? Why even contimplate this? fool.

Well, I'm keeping him for now...but will have to make a decision if one more of my players gets injured...

Stupid Flanders
06-22-05, 11:28 AM
I waived him in my non-keeper league.

Now my DL loses Gagne so it's only
C Barmes, J Lopez, Nomah, Prior, Harden

at least I got Rolen back

miko
06-23-05, 03:16 AM
Actually I haven't been under a rock but rather under YOUR MOM. That woman sure does like to ride THE 4 HORSEMEN!!
Very clever trying to cut down my family tree like that - by the way if it takes 4 of you to please one woman then I think there is something seriously wrong there - maybe you should get something for that erectile dysfunction - I guess after only seeing naked women in magazines it is perfectly normal to get a little "camera shy" or get a slight case of "stage fright" though.

BANZAIMATSUI
06-23-05, 08:45 AM
Very clever trying to cut down my family tree like that - by the way if it takes 4 of you to please one woman then I think there is something seriously wrong there - maybe you should get something for that erectile dysfunction - I guess after only seeing naked women in magazines it is perfectly normal to get a little "camera shy" or get a slight case of "stage fright" though.

Wah wah, cry me a river Miko can dish out, but clearly can't take it.

patrick.o
06-23-05, 09:29 AM
Wah wah, cry me a river Miko can dish out, but clearly can't take it.
:lol: You are perhaps the worst ................ talker I've ever witnessed.

Saxmania
06-23-05, 09:31 AM

Oh yeah? Well . . . um, so is your momma!

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

BANZAIMATSUI
06-23-05, 01:18 PM

No actually, I am the best. I make grown men cry, and little girls bleed wooooooooooooooo. Learn to love it, learn to live with it, diamonds are forever, and so is BanzaiMatsui woooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Hitman23
06-23-05, 01:28 PM
so we're using catch phrases now?

miko
06-23-05, 05:13 PM
so we're using catch phrases now?
Yeah he doesn't have any material of his own - I'm actually feel special that BM (the professional FBB player that he is) took time out of his busy schedule (of watching TV) to respond to me. :P

BANZAIMATSUI
06-23-05, 05:42 PM
Yeah he doesn't have any material of his own - I'm actually feel special that BM (the professional FBB player that he is) took time out of his busy schedule (of watching TV) to respond to me. :P

What are you doing on here? Aren't you supposed to be sleeping? Your mom told me you work overnights for minimum wage. BTW get that bitch out of my house, I'm done with her :eek:

miko
06-23-05, 06:05 PM
What are you doing on here? Aren't you supposed to be sleeping? Your mom told me you work overnights for minimum wage. BTW get that bitch out of my house, I'm done with her :eek:
OK - I don't think we have to resort to name calling. I know you are all excited with your Grade 6 graduation this week and all and you are probably all wired on Skittles & Dr. Pepper but really do we have to go there? I was simply trying to have some back and forth trash talk with you BM but much like a fast car you obviously can't handle it - no worries bro - I take nothing on here personally anyways. ;)

BANZAIMATSUI
06-23-05, 07:04 PM
OK - I don't think we have to resort to name calling. I know you are all excited with your Grade 6 graduation this week and all and you are probably all wired on Skittles & Dr. Pepper but really do we have to go there? I was simply trying to have some back and forth trash talk with you BM but much like a fast car you obviously can't handle it - no worries bro - I take nothing on here personally anyways. ;)

I simply considered it good natured ribbing myself until you got defensive, which is ironic since you were the one who escalated it. :P