PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

boo_427
06-13-05, 04:04 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for letting me participate in your league. I understand the situation that I will be managing the team under.

I also understand everyone's opinion on the situation and do not want to cause any resentment toward myself or to Randi.

I have been in contact with Soriambi as well as Big_E to notify them of my plan to manage the Newburgh Naughties in a way that is fair to Randi and myself.

With that said, I look forward to partaking and hopefully as Miko pointed out make a run for the Points WC!

For those who don't know me in the league:
- I became a Yankees fan in 85-86, Donnie Baseball was and still is my favorite Yankee of all time. I can't stand Mel Hall, Jesse Barfield, or Danny Tartabull.
- My favorite current Yankee is the Captain, Derek Jeter.
- I have been playing Fantasy Baseball since 1997, and favorite fantasy players are Bobby Abreu, Vladimir Guerero, Placido Polanco, and Tim Hudson. Why Polanco? I have no freakin' idea!

Now that is out of the way, I take great pride in being NEWBIE!

Soriambi
06-13-05, 04:06 PM
Welcome aboard. :)

JDPNYY
06-13-05, 04:09 PM
Shouldn't we vote on who gets in?

We could sticky it and have a poll.... Perhaps have a bake sale to raise some money for snacks at the Winter Meetings.

Soriambi
06-13-05, 04:11 PM

We could sticky it and have a poll.... Perhaps have a bake sale to raise some money for snacks at the Winter Meetings.

If you have snacks for a bake sale, why raise money for snacks? ;)

Stupid Flanders
06-13-05, 04:19 PM
If you have snacks for a bake sale, why raise money for snacks? ;)It's because John is a horribe baker

boo_427
06-13-05, 04:20 PM

Only if you pay for my first class ticket on Delta to Newark! ;) That way you can pick my up!

Stupid Flanders
06-13-05, 04:21 PM
Only if you pay for my first class ticket on Delta to Newark! ;) That way you can pick my up!
Hey, who said you get a vote, n00b.

boo_427
06-13-05, 04:24 PM
Hey, who said you get a vote, n00b.

I guess you're right.... :giveup:

JDPNYY
06-13-05, 04:26 PM
I guess you're right.... :giveup:

You sure you wanna be in this League?

(Just so's ya know, I'd vote for ya to get in)

...also, I'm not a bad baker... I can follow a recipe.

PinstripePride
06-13-05, 04:43 PM

Soriambi
06-13-05, 04:45 PM

I already said that. Get your own material. Try again.

BrianNYYanks
06-13-05, 04:49 PM
Thanks for taking over the lame duck!

Your new "pledge" name is Flounder.

miko
06-13-05, 04:53 PM
- I have been playing Fantasy Baseball since 1997, and favorite fantasy players are Bobby Abreu, Vladimir Guerero, Placido Polanco, and Tim Hudson. Why Polanco? I have no freakin' idea!

Polanco would be an All Star on your team this year! Was I the first to trash talk the newest newbie????

boo_427
06-13-05, 05:01 PM
Polanco would be an All Star on your team this year! Was I the first to trash talk the newest newbie????

I saw an outfield of Trot, Winn, and Everett and realized why she hasn't checked her team in a while! ;) :D

Who has Polanco? :P

Hitman23
06-13-05, 05:02 PM
okay.....

so the Naughties had a bet with the Empire last year that if I won the season series she'd have to ride this season out with:

"underestimated the power of the darkside and got bitchslapped"

in her signature.

Now that the franchise has been transferred, I think the noob should have to take on what comes with the team.

boo_427
06-13-05, 05:06 PM
okay.....

so the Naughties had a bet with the Empire last year that if I won the season series she'd have to ride this season out with:

in her signature.

Now that the franchise has been transferred, I think the noob should have to take on what comes with the team.

My only issue with this bet is that it would require me to change my sig and I could never get it back. Too many characters...

I could just put "Owned" in my location though. ;)

miko
06-13-05, 05:07 PM
okay.....

in her signature.

I also said that Randi ran around in a grass skirt and a coconut bra - does that hold up as well?

Hitman23
06-13-05, 05:07 PM
My only issue with this bet is that it would require me to change my sig and I could never get it back. Too many characters...

I could just put "Owned" in my location though. ;)well you shouldn't make bets then. :lol:

Since you are willing to make a change I'll let it go. You're a cool noob.

not like John.

Stupid Flanders
06-13-05, 05:29 PM
No. :)

miko
06-13-05, 05:44 PM
No. :)

Flanders don't you have a BBQ or a yard sale that you have to attend to? Your trash talk is mere compost compared to the sh!t us veterans deal out.

Saxmania
06-13-05, 05:50 PM
Hello. A few simple rules that you may not yet be aware of:

1) We worship George. George is king. The correct thing to do when George appears is to immediately post, "Oh lord our George, impart upon us the wisdom that we might suckle from your teat of knowledge. We present our buttocks in humble supplication." The first forumer to do this may only lose in the week to come if his opponent successfully signs Jhonny Pherhalhtha.

For some reason, Steve always posts the above first; the rest of us seldom bother.

2) If your team is about to play against the Swingers, you must actually travel to the UK in order to make your roster valid. Upon arrival, you must purchase a can of Iron-Bru, two packets of Walkers' Salt and Vinegar crisps, and a Hackney carriage. You must then drive to Reading (left side of the road, unless "Eastenders" is on, in which case it's the right) and feed the pigeons at the docks, at which point a stranger will approach and whisper, "Oranges are not the only fruit. There is also Steve." You then receive 8 extra points.

Warning: Reading has no docks.

3) If you talk to, talk of, acknowledge or in any way associate yourself with miko, you may never have any keepers for as long as you live. However, you do get a complimentary funny hat and odd accent.

4) Welcome. And sorry about 1), 2) and 3).

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Stupid Flanders
06-13-05, 06:03 PM
Flanders don't you have a BBQ or a yard sale that you have to attend to? Your trash talk is mere compost compared to the sh!t us veterans deal out.
miko's just jealous because it only thaws one month per year in Canada. This is known as "Canadian National BBQ and Yard Sale Month."

In the States, we call it "July."

yankeesrule2000
06-13-05, 07:19 PM
Welcome and goodluck