PDA

View Full Version : Now THAT'S a Hockey Player!

allybear
05-10-01, 10:32 PM
No, this isn't Penguin-related! Peter Forsberg ruptured his spleen somewhere in the course of last night's game, but they aren't sure when, because it wasn't noticed till after the game, when apparently he showered, got dressed, went to dinner, started feeling queasy, and had an emergency splenectomy performed.

You won't see that every day of the week!

Jim F.
05-11-01, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by allybear
No, this isn't Penguin-related!I was convinced this was going to be about Mario! :lol:

-jim

Danmel
05-11-01, 06:26 AM
When Lorne Henning , the Islanders interim coach. took a high stick to the head, requiring 20 stitiches in the middle of a game, they asked Chris Terreri how they could laugh at him and make fun of him. Terreri said "This is hockey, if it's not life threatening, you laugh at it."

This was life threatening and he stilll managed to finish the game. I don't know whether t send him flowers or send him for therapy!

allybear
05-11-01, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Jim F.
I was convinced this was going to be about Mario! :lol:

-jim

Isn't everything?!? Last night's hero was Kasparitis, though! :)BTW, if you guys in NJ think you feel an earthquake next week, it's just Kaspy and Stevens running into each other! :lol:

LET'S GO PENS!! :)

b-ball-lunachick
05-11-01, 11:40 AM
When I saw that story about Forsberg, I was shocked...it shows you how much those hockey players are willing to take before they complain about pain...tough, tough sport!!

Nice win by the Pens last night ally..I'm still thinking about the terms for our friendly wager...you have any ideas? :D