PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to handle Nomar

Hitman23
06-08-05, 10:40 AM
(in another league) I currently have Greene at SS. I want to pick up Antonio Perez and ride whoever is hitting at the time. I actually need help in BA and OBP so Perez would help my cause. Problem is I only have two bench slots. One is being used by hidalgo/Mench who i rotate depending on who is hotter. The other is being used by Nomar because I have Magglio and Barry on the DL with no more available DL spots.

Should I drop Nomar? I'm inclined to believe he isn't worth keeping because even if he does come back he's probably going to be useless. With him being in limbo it really sucks.

Big_E
06-08-05, 10:42 AM
I currently have Greene at SS. I want to pick up Antonio Perez and ride whoever...

Steve wants to ride Greene or Perez? Whoever is hotter?

I stopped reading after that.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Hitman23
06-08-05, 10:43 AM
oh c'mon.... man you guys are relentless. :lol:

This is serious sh*t!

Big_E
06-08-05, 10:44 AM
oh c'mon.... man you guys are relentless. :lol:

This is serious sh*t!

OK, seriously...is this a keeper league? Are you going to keep Ordonez or Bonds?

Hitman23
06-08-05, 10:45 AM
OK, seriously...is this a keeper league? Are you going to keep Ordonez or Bonds?well it is a keeper league, but only for 3 years. next year we start fresh. No keepers.

Big_E
06-08-05, 10:51 AM
well it is a keeper league, but only for 3 years. next year we start fresh. No keepers.

And you thought my 7-day rule league was weird? :lol:

I might drop Ordonez. He's probably out until late July, early August. I'm sure you'll have an opportunity to pick him up again if you get roster room.

Of the 3, Garciaparra could be back the earliest.

Hitman23
06-08-05, 10:56 AM
And you thought my 7-day rule league was weird? :lol:I don't like it either but it's how the commish set it up. We are restructuring the entire league next year, I may be an asscom soon. Look out everyone! :)

I might drop Ordonez. He's probably out until late July, early August. I'm sure you'll have an opportunity to pick him up again if you get roster room.

Of the 3, Garciaparra could be back the earliest. no, if I drop him he'll be taken. But I think you may have made me think in another direction. If/when he or Bonds comes back, I'm going to have to decide who to drop out of the following:
C Lee (obviously not)
Dunn (obviously not)
Mench
Hidalgo

And that's going to be an issue. i'm just scared I let Magglio go and he tears sh*t up.

miko
06-08-05, 11:07 AM
I want to pick up Antonio Perez and ride whoever........

......depending on who is hotter

You bring this all on yourself man!

Stupid Flanders
06-08-05, 11:14 AM
I'd waive Magglio

Hitman23
06-08-05, 12:15 PM
You bring this all on yourself man!I'm using standard baseball terminology and I ain't gonna change. You guys are looking for it! :cool:

bakntime
06-08-05, 12:28 PM
Steve asking for advice on how to "handle" Nomar in light of his groin problem? :lol:

Sorry Steve :lol:

patrick.o
06-08-05, 01:30 PM
Steve, have you tried baby oil and an aggressive pumping motion?

miko
06-08-05, 01:44 PM
Hey is currently using the "wax on - wax off" approach.

Hitman23
06-08-05, 01:44 PM
:lol: well you all get an A for creativity.

Hitman23
06-08-05, 01:52 PM
I'd waive MagglioThe news on him is that he should be back by the ASG. I could use him the second half of the season.

Okay, can we please get serious for a moment? Do you think I should just drop Greene and pick up Perez?

Stupid Flanders
06-08-05, 02:33 PM
Seriously, waive Magglio. When he's back I think Mench will outperform him.