PDA

View Full Version : Week 5

ruthianblast
05-02-05, 01:47 PM
I just thought of something (surprising I know); what about trading salary cap money for next year's draft? I figured it wouldn't be allowed, but it's not specifically mentioned (at least I was too sick/tired to see it) in the consitution. But if I trade Guerrero away and his $47 would it be possible to send $5 of my salary cap to make the trade more even? Obviously cbs wouldn't really recognize the money in the trade, but if it were posted here and factored into the auctioneer site would that work? Just wondering...Oh and by the way

ONLY 6 POINTS BACK BABY!!!!

yanksphan
05-02-05, 05:51 PM
I just thought of something (surprising I know); what about trading salary cap money for next year's draft? I figured it wouldn't be allowed, but it's not specifically mentioned (at least I was too sick/tired to see it) in the consitution. But if I trade Guerrero away and his $47 would it be possible to send $5 of my salary cap to make the trade more even? Obviously cbs wouldn't really recognize the money in the trade, but if it were posted here and factored into the auctioneer site would that work? Just wondering

From the Constitution....

9.8. Minor league draft picks and auction money may not be traded at any time.

ruthianblast
05-02-05, 06:35 PM
From the Constitution....

9.8. Minor league draft picks and auction money may not be traded at any time.

Whoops, my bad

ruthianblast
05-02-05, 11:23 PM
Ok so Cano just got called up, it's because Bernie has tendonitis but I don't think Bernie will go on the DL, do I have 7 days to put Cano in my active roster?

yanksphan
05-03-05, 10:58 AM
Ok so Cano just got called up, it's because Bernie has tendonitis but I don't think Bernie will go on the DL, do I have 7 days to put Cano in my active roster?

Yup...

Hitman23
05-03-05, 11:27 AM
I can't f*cking take this anymore. Now Preston Wilson tweaked his groin. Another player going to the DL? Everytime i get one back another goes on. benson should be back soon. How about Ortiz takes a trip next. yay!!

yanksphan
05-03-05, 12:46 PM
I can't f*cking take this anymore. Now Preston Wilson tweaked his groin. Another player going to the DL? Everytime i get one back another goes on. benson should be back soon. How about Ortiz takes a trip next. yay!!

Hmmm...maybe we should send all Sox players to your team? :P

Hitman23
05-04-05, 09:09 AM
Hmmm...maybe we should send all Sox players to your team? :Pif it comes down to it, what the hell.

Man I suck balls. Wood to the DL. I should get my trade voided for getting damaged goods in return. :mad:

As stated earlier, my relievers are on the block. Ryan is gonna cost you someone good, not two sh*tty players that I could match with FA pickups. I might be in a bigger hole then I can climb out of this point, so I might be looking for keeper value in return. Big Papi is on the block also.

ruthianblast
05-04-05, 02:31 PM
if it comes down to it, what the hell.

Man I suck balls. Wood to the DL. I should get my trade voided for getting damaged goods in return. :mad:

As stated earlier, my relievers are on the block. Ryan is gonna cost you someone good, not two sh*tty players that I could match with FA pickups. I might be in a bigger hole then I can climb out of this point, so I might be looking for keeper value in return. Big Papi is on the block also.

Renteria? Or is that still not enough to get Ryan?

Soriambi
05-04-05, 03:44 PM

Did you click the wrong button? :lol:

Hitman23
05-04-05, 03:55 PM
Did you click the wrong button? :lol:
uhhh... yes! yes I did!!! reverse the trade!!

Renteria? Or is that still not enough to get Ryan?Actually yes, I might consider a trade for Renteria.

Soriambi
05-04-05, 03:56 PM
Actually yes, I might consider a trade for Renteria.

Nice to see you negotiating trades right out in public. :lol:

Hitman23
05-04-05, 04:09 PM
Nice to see you negotiating trades right out in public. :lol:well if someone wants Ryan, they should speak up pretty soon. :)

yanksphan
05-04-05, 04:13 PM
well if someone wants Ryan, they should speak up pretty soon. :)

How about Mota? ;)

Hitman23
05-04-05, 04:14 PM
How about Mota? ;)in return? No way I want a bat. Enough DL guys! I have Hoffman available too.

Snatch Catch
05-04-05, 07:03 PM
Ryan doesn't have to be called up if he's replacing a DL'd Thome...

yanksphan
05-04-05, 08:43 PM
Ryan doesn't have to be called up if he's replacing a DL'd Thome...

regardless of how long Thome is DL'd?

Snatch Catch
05-05-05, 11:05 AM
regardless of how long Thome is DL'd?

If its the 60 day DL, then he does.

yanksphan
05-05-05, 12:00 PM
If its the 60 day DL, then he does.

gracias. Good thing I got rid of Dunn...couldn't imagine having Dunn and Howard on the same team...70 HRs with 350Ks...

ruthianblast
05-06-05, 09:11 PM
All I know is that my team has sucked as much as the Yanks this week, good eff 96 to 82 points, AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

yanksphan
05-07-05, 11:32 AM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#00a1a8" nowrap="nowrap">Guillermo Mota (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=6214) - R - Marlins (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.asp?sport=MLB&majteam=FLA)</td> <td background="/images/dia_wt_2_trans_tr.gif" bgcolor="#00a1a8" width="40"><spacer type="block" height="16" width="35">
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr width="100%" height="1"><td bgcolor="#00a1a8" height="1" width="100%"><spacer type="block" height="1" width="1">
</td></tr> <tr width="100%"><td> <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>After throwing for the first time in May yesterday, Guillermo Mota said that there's still a chance he could have arthroscopic surgery on his elbow.

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody> </table>
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Mark19
05-08-05, 10:04 AM
What kind of viral infection does Ben Sheets have? Ebola???

Sheesh, my rotation needs him back before Patterson and Hampton fall back to earth

yanksphan
05-08-05, 11:28 AM
What kind of viral infection does Ben Sheets have? Ebola???

Not quite Ebola, but....

Vestibular neuritis (http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Labyrinthitis_and_vestibular_neuritis?OpenDocument)

Labyrinthitis and vestibular neuritis are infections of the inner ear that cause symptoms including dizziness. Both conditions are caused by viral infections, but labyrinthitis can sometimes be caused by bacterial infections. In most cases, these conditions resolve by themselves within three weeks or so. In other cases, the symptoms linger. Treatment options include drugs and special exercises to improve the sense of balance.

Initially, constant dizziness and vertigo.
With time, the dizziness is only triggered by head movements.
Loss of balance.
Nausea.
Flickering of the eyes (nystagmus).
Hearing changes, such as ringing in the ears (tinnitus) or hearing loss may be associated with labyrinthitis.
Probably not the symptoms you want a guy to have who's throwing a 90mph baseball at people!!

Hey, maybe Kevin Brown has this? :dunno: ;)

boo_427
05-08-05, 11:32 AM
Not quite Ebola, but....

Vestibular neuritis (http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Labyrinthitis_and_vestibular_neuritis?OpenDocument)

[/list]Probably not the symptoms you want a guy to have who's throwing a 90mph baseball at people!!

Hey, maybe Kevin Brown has this? :dunno: ;)

That just doesn't sound good. I feel for the guy.

Rob,
Trey was pretty dang rockin'. It is all about where you sit.