PDA

View Full Version : Wade Miller

Big_E
04-22-05, 09:58 AM
Miller, as most of you know, continues to be on the trading block.

He is currently rehabbing in the minors. His 3rd start is this weekend. In his first two starts he has walked only 1 batter in 9.2 IP, struck out 10 (K/9 of 9.31) and allowed 3 ER, for an ERA of 2.79 and a WHIP of 1.14

His salary for 2005: A measly $2 (excellent keeper potential).

He is available in a 2-for-1 with either Chad Cordero (2-1, 3 Sv, 0.931 ERA) or Miguel Batista (1-0, 4 Sv, 2.35 ERA) for another closer, or in a straight-up deal for a position player (non-pitcher).

All offers will be considered...

Big_E
04-24-05, 10:57 PM
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050424&content_id=1027225&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

ST. PETERSBURG -- Red Sox right-hander Wade Miller has encountered an annoying obstacle in his quest to return to the active roster. While his arm continues to feel fine, Mother Nature got in the way of Miller making his scheduled rehab start for Double-A Portland this weekend.

After getting rained out on Saturday, Miller's outing was again washed away by the Portland rain on Sunday, pushing him back a few days. Miller likely needs at least two more outings before he pitches for the Red Sox.

With Portland off on Monday, and rain scheduled at Buffalo, where Triple-A Pawtucket is playing, Miller will throw an extended side session at Fenway Park before Monday night's game against the Orioles.

"We have to sit down with Theo [Epstein] and [assistant trainer] Chris [Correnti] and map this one out," said Red Sox manager Terry Francona.

Things had been going perfectly smooth for Miller until this weekend.

"Sometimes the best laid plans ...," said Francona, who didn't need to complete the thought.

Big_E
04-27-05, 08:09 AM
News: Wade Miller, scheduled to make his next rehabilitation start Thursday night at Triple-A Pawtucket against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, could wind up getting a roster spot next week after David Wells was lost for at least a month. Miller, signed as a free agent after spending last season with Houston, has been recovering from a frayed rotator cuff in his pitching arm. After Thursday, his next rehabilitation start likely would be Tuesday, and he could be ready to pitch for the Red Sox on May 8 against Seattle.

Analysis: Miller would replace spot starter John Halama in the rotation. Halama is taking Wells spot Tuesday as of now, but Miller should be picked up in all formats for his potential for wins on one of baseball's best sources of Fantasy production in both hitting and pitching.

http://nyyfans.baseball.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/21640

boo_427
04-27-05, 10:38 AM
Miller should be picked up in all formats for his potential for wins on one of baseball's best sources of Fantasy production in both hitting and pitching.

http://nyyfans.baseball.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/21640

Sounds to me like he belongs square in the middle of the Knights lineup. Considering how much :ga-ga: you have for big Wade.

He can only help you hold onto the top spot. ;)

Snatch Catch
04-27-05, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't trade for Miller because he's clearly a stud and I don't even know if I have anything that would even approximate his fair market value on my roster.

Big_E
04-27-05, 07:10 PM
Well, with Benitez out for 2-6 weeks, I think I'll hold on to Miller for now, as I'll need someone in the pitchers spot. :D