PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 Thread

Big_E
04-11-05, 12:49 PM
The Mets' home opener gets Week 2 underway...

PinstripePride
04-11-05, 02:31 PM
And I'm beating Kevin already. ;) It should be a theme this week. :cool:

Stupid Flanders
04-11-05, 03:10 PM
Good, Glavine actually seems to have remembered that in order to win you have to prevent teams from scoring runs

PinstripePride
Mussina sucks. :mad:

miko
Well I'm down by 24 already. Great game E - congrats. You are a little loaded on the 2 start pitchers this week - hell of a game buddy.

PinstripePride
04-11-05, 03:12 PM
Mussina sucks. :mad:

Check that- Mussina REALLY sucks. :-po'd-:

Stupid Flanders
04-11-05, 04:58 PM
You know I have yet to get ONE win from a pitcher.

Glavine's bullpen ruined his 6IP 1R performance :mad:

Coney36
04-11-05, 05:42 PM
A continued trend from wk 1... I'm still in single digits.

Coney36
04-11-05, 06:00 PM
And I've just been enlightened that Todd Walker's on the DL... lovely, my 4th guy to sit out now and it's only Week 1... :(

PinstripePride
04-11-05, 06:15 PM
Sorry to hear, Wai. You're having a rough time.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
04-11-05, 06:35 PM
Hopefully this week I won't have two guys land on the DL after I've already set my lineup for the week and the scoring period has started. :mad:

It should be a crime to have Royce Clayton anywhere near one's active roster.

miko
04-11-05, 06:43 PM
Ah well only thirty some points behind and that's not counting 2 QS's that will be added overnight. Why do I even check this stupid thing anymore it just pisses me off more and more and more.

BrianNYYanks
04-11-05, 07:07 PM
I get to play Petey!! This week!!!!!!

I should take some revenge for that horrible signature miko had all last season after beating defeated by the Phillies lover arrghh!!!

Yanksagain
04-11-05, 08:35 PM
I jump out to an early lead on the Bombers. 2 QS's by Wake and Freddy.

PinstripePride
04-11-05, 09:47 PM
I jump out to an early lead on the Bombers. 2 QS's by Wake and Freddy.

Hmmm...I seem to recall hearing "Wah, wah! I have to start Wakefield this week!" around here somewhere. ;) :p

And Kirk Saarloos sucks even more than Mussina. :enraged:

Coney36
04-11-05, 11:48 PM
OMG I have a lead?! What is this world coming to?!?!?! :wtf:

miko
04-12-05, 12:10 AM

I should take some revenge for that horrible signature miko had all last season after beating defeated by the Phillies lover arrghh!!!
Yeah Brian, you are going to have to get that revenge for me I'm afraid. :(

PinstripePride
04-12-05, 12:32 AM

Avenge me, brother.

bakntime
04-12-05, 07:57 AM
April 11, 2005

Team of the Day: Rhode Kill (79.5 points)
Low scoring team: Nudies (7 points)

Best Lineup: Borass' Holdouts (26.5 Points)
Worst Lineup: Springfield Nucular (Homer must have fallen asleep at the controls again) (4.5 points)

Best Pitchers: Rhode Kill (67 points)
Worst Pitchers: Ugly Empire (-3 points)

(If any of the following were not on your active roster, let me know so I can fix it)

Hitter of the Day: Rafael Furcal, THE Ligers (12 points)
Pitchers of the Day: Tim Wakefield and Freddy Garcia, Rhode Kill (28 points each)

Worst Hitter: Jeromy Burnitz, The Clothed Liars (-2.5 points)
Worst Pitchers: Zach Day, Powerplant; Jarrod Washburn, Tugger's Slugs; Kirk Saarlak pit, The Lumberjokes (-11 points)
Also Negative Pitchers: Juan Cruz, Evil Em-pie-er (-3 points), Francisco Cordero, Nekkids (-2 points)

bakntime
04-12-05, 10:42 AM
Someone please comment on my hilarous take on team names. I'm especially fond of "Lumberjokes"

Hitman23
04-12-05, 10:46 AM
Someone please comment on my hilarous take on team names. I'm especially fond of "Lumberjokes"I think they're hilarious!! My sides hurt from laughing so hard! Oh the comedy was just genius!!! :roflmao:

Hey mommy said no about putting Lopez back in my active lineup.... was thinking if I kissed daddy's ass enough he might grant my wish. :thatsodd:

bakntime
04-12-05, 10:49 AM
I think they're hilarious!! My sides hurt from laughing so hard! Oh the comedy was just genius!!! :roflmao:

Hey mommy said no about putting Lopez back in my active lineup.... was thinking if I kissed daddy's ass enough he might grant my wish. :thatsodd:So I'm your daddy? :D Never thought you'd admit it :lol:

Hitman23
04-12-05, 10:50 AM
So I'm your daddy? :D Never thought you'd admit it :lol:Put Lopez in my active lineup this week and I'll call you anything you want.

bakntime
04-12-05, 10:58 AM
Put Lopez in my active lineup this week and I'll call you anything you want.Now it's getting creepy :uhh:

Hitman23
04-12-05, 12:05 PM
Now it's getting creepy :uhh::lol: I'm just messing with you man. I'm pissed at myself for a huge mistake. I'm not missing the playoffs again this year and looking back on something I did that was retarded.

bakntime
04-12-05, 12:27 PM
:lol: I'm just messing with you man. I know :lol:

Stupid Flanders
04-12-05, 02:57 PM
April 11, 2005

Team of the Day: Rhode Kill (79.5 points)
Low scoring team: Nudies (7 points)

Best Lineup: Borass' Holdouts (26.5 Points)
Worst Lineup: Springfield Nucular (Homer must have fallen asleep at the controls again) (4.5 points)

Best Pitchers: Rhode Kill (67 points)
Worst Pitchers: Ugly Empire (-3 points)

(If any of the following were not on your active roster, let me know so I can fix it)

Hitter of the Day: Rafael Furcal, THE Ligers (12 points)
Pitchers of the Day: Tim Wakefield and Freddy Garcia, Rhode Kill (28 points each)

Worst Hitter: Jeromy Burnitz, The Clothed Liars (-2.5 points)
Worst Pitchers: Zach Day, Powerplant; Jarrod Washburn, Tugger's Slugs; Kirk Saarlak pit, The Lumberjokes (-11 points)
Also Negative Pitchers: Juan Cruz, Evil Em-pie-er (-3 points), Francisco Cordero, Nekkids (-2 points)Yeah, it's like all of my guys had a day off yesterday

Thank GOD Day was on my bench

Soriambi
04-12-05, 03:15 PM
Vito didn't make fun of Rhode Kill's name. I think Vito has a crush on that team.

Soriambi
04-12-05, 03:17 PM
Good news for the Squeaks, as Mark Prior's start is pushed back a day, making him face Brian Lawrence in the second half of a doubleheader rather than Jake Peavy. Watch Peavy give up 7 runs and Lawrence 2, now. :lol:

miko
04-12-05, 03:19 PM
Vito & Rhode Kill sittin' a tree............

Big_E
04-12-05, 03:36 PM
Man....after a kick ass first game (8 IP, 0 ER) Jeff Weaver gets POUNDED in the first inning today -- 6 HA, 5 ER, for a -13 start. :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Stupid Flanders
04-12-05, 03:39 PM
Good news for the Squeaks, as Mark Prior's start is pushed back a day, making him face Brian Lawrence in the second half of a doubleheader rather than Jake Peavy. Watch Peavy give up 7 runs and Lawrence 2, now. :lol:
Great, I have Lawrence.

Although in my other league I have both Peavy AND Prior. I actually have the world's greatest staff in that league. 10 team Yahoo league :lol:
SP R. Johnson (NYY - SP)
SP J. Peavy (SD - SP)
SP C. Pavano (NYY - SP)
SP M. Buehrle (CWS - SP)
RP M. Rivera (NYY - RP)
RP B. Looper (NYM - RP)
P R. Harden (Oak - SP)
BN B. Lawrence (SD - SP)
BN K. BrownDL (NYY - SP)
DL M. PriorDL (ChC - SP)
DL E. GagneDL (LAD - RP)

Soriambi
04-12-05, 03:48 PM
Great, I have Lawrence.

Although in my other league I have both Peavy AND Prior. I actually have the world's greatest staff in that league. 10 team Yahoo league :lol:
SP R. Johnson (NYY - SP)
SP J. Peavy (SD - SP)
SP C. Pavano (NYY - SP)
SP M. Buehrle (CWS - SP)
RP M. Rivera (NYY - RP)
RP B. Looper (NYM - RP)
P R. Harden (Oak - SP)
BN B. Lawrence (SD - SP)
BN K. BrownDL (NYY - SP)
DL M. PriorDL (ChC - SP)
DL E. GagneDL (LAD - RP)

Wow. Do you have ANY offense? I have Clemens, Sheets, Oliver Perez, and AJ Burnett (not to mention Weaver and Livan Hernandez) in one league.

Stupid Flanders
04-12-05, 03:57 PM
Wow. Do you have ANY offense? I have Clemens, Sheets, Oliver Perez, and AJ Burnett (not to mention Weaver and Livan Hernandez) in one league.
Yes. :lol:

I would feel bad if the league prize was more than the $100 we set it for.
C J. López (Bal - C)
1B A. Dunn (Cin - 1B,LF)
2B J. Kent (LAD - 2B)
3B S. Rolen (StL - 3B)
SS N. Garciaparra (ChC - SS)
IF J. Vidro (Was - 2B)
LF M. Bradley (LAD - LF,CF,RF)
CF A. Rowand (CWS - CF,RF)
RF B. Abreu (Phi - RF)
OF X. Nady (SD - LF,CF)
Util T. Hafner (Cle - 1B)
BN M. Ordóñez (Det - RF)
BN J. Giambi (NYY - 1B)
BN J. Uribe (CWS - 2B,3B,SS)

Stupid Flanders
04-12-05, 03:59 PM
I *did* have first pick, but of course it snakes. The best part was when everyone was getting ready to take relievers and I nabbed Gagne and Rivera back-to-back.

Soriambi
04-12-05, 04:05 PM
Yes. :lol:

I would feel bad if the league prize was more than the $100 we set it for.
C J. López (Bal - C)
1B A. Dunn (Cin - 1B,LF)
2B J. Kent (LAD - 2B)
3B S. Rolen (StL - 3B)
SS N. Garciaparra (ChC - SS)
IF J. Vidro (Was - 2B)
LF M. Bradley (LAD - LF,CF,RF)
CF A. Rowand (CWS - CF,RF)
RF B. Abreu (Phi - RF)
OF X. Nady (SD - LF,CF)
Util T. Hafner (Cle - 1B)
BN M. Ordóñez (Det - RF)
BN J. Giambi (NYY - 1B)
BN J. Uribe (CWS - 2B,3B,SS)

Are you playing with guys who just clicked random players? :lol:

I have one team that looks like that. It could never happen here, even with a 10 team league, because most of the people know what they're doing here. :lol:

Stupid Flanders
04-12-05, 04:11 PM

I have one team that looks like that. It could never happen here, even with a 10 team league, because most of the people know what they're doing here. :lol:
I just mainly concentrated on pitching in the draft except a few guys like Abreu

The way the draft was going I wouldn't take say a SS if there were 2 or 3 left that I was comfortable with owning. It just worked out this way. Too bad it's not a keeper league.

Amazingly most of these people do know their stuff.

Big_E
04-12-05, 05:18 PM
Man....after a kick ass first game (8 IP, 0 ER) Jeff Weaver gets POUNDED in the first inning today -- 6 HA, 5 ER, for a -13 start. :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

And finishes with around -17 points. :argh:

Stupid Flanders
04-12-05, 05:39 PM
let's see if he can beat Vazquez's -18

Big_E
04-12-05, 05:47 PM

he also hit a batter, so that should be -18.

PinstripePride
04-12-05, 07:04 PM
Oh, SWEET! Danny Cabrera is currently getting bent over and ass pounded for a second straight start. -7 after one inning.

If my pitching keeps it up, I'm going all the way this year. Saarloos with the big -11 last night, and now Cabrera is kicking ass. Watch out all, the Lumberjacks are coming through. :cool: :badass:

Stupid Flanders
04-12-05, 08:21 PM
Fricken Benitez. I swear my pitching staff is allergic to positive stats

Big_E
04-12-05, 08:22 PM
Fricken Benitez. I swear my pitching staff is allergic to positive stats

I got him in another league. Brutal.

Coney36
04-12-05, 08:22 PM
Finally have something to celebrate... my birthday boy Burnett just gave me a CG win!!! :cheer:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
04-12-05, 08:45 PM
:nopity:

miko
04-12-05, 11:58 PM
Finally have something to celebrate... my birthday boy Burnett just gave me a CG win!!! :cheer:
I watched that game actually - he looked pretty sharp.

miko
04-13-05, 12:00 AM
he also hit a batter, so that should be -18.

I love you Jeff Weaver - even with that gutless performance I am still 21.5 points behind - nothing that the D-Train can't handle though.
Choo Choo comin' through.

miko
04-13-05, 12:02 AM

I think he is playing with 9 people that couldn't make the draft and used the DRAFT ROBOT from hell.

Coney36
04-13-05, 12:10 AM
Did I mention I love Brandon Webb too? :cheer:

miko
04-13-05, 12:16 AM
Amazingly most of these people do know their stuff.
I told you this is probably the best fantasy baseball league you could get involved with. The GM's are smart and the participation level is awesome. I also like the fact that you have to do a little homework to find FA's and minor leaguers. The deeper the league the better as far as I'm concerned.

P.S. I really hate this league and just wanted to be able to post 4 times in a row. :lol:

P.S. Crap - thanks for wrecking my plan Wai.

patrick.o
04-13-05, 12:18 AM
I think he is playing with 9 people that couldn't make the draft and used the DRAFT ROBOT from hell.
You beat me to it. I'm sure if everyone else was on autodraft he could have probably picked up Randy Johnson in the 4th round.

miko
04-13-05, 12:30 AM
Oh, SWEET! Danny Cabrera is currently getting bent over and ass pounded for a second straight start. -7 after one inning.

I'm sure Steve has some ointment he can lend you for Cabrera. :lol:

Coney36
04-13-05, 12:39 AM
P.S. Crap - thanks for wrecking my plan Wai.

What was your plan?

miko
04-13-05, 12:42 AM
What was your plan?
I was trying to post 4 times in a row - it is all I have going for me tonight on the midnight shift. :lol:

Coney36
04-13-05, 12:49 AM
I was trying to post 4 times in a row - it is all I have going for me tonight on the midnight shift. :lol:

That's what happens when you wait 14 minutes in between posts! :P

miko
04-13-05, 12:52 AM
That's what happens when you wait 14 minutes in between posts! :P
Well I had the response sitting on my screen for 14 minutes because I got a little busy playing trains. :mad:

Coney36
04-13-05, 12:53 AM
Well I had the response sitting on my screen for 14 minutes because I got a little busy playing trains. :mad:

Well, you can attempt your four in a row again now... I promise I won't be the post wrecker again. :lol:

miko
04-13-05, 01:01 AM
Well, you can attempt your four in a row again now... I promise I won't be the post wrecker again. :lol:
No that's OK it's lost it's luster now - maybe I can win 4 games in a row - that would be a much better feat. I would be GM of the year if I pulled that one off.

Coney36
04-13-05, 01:13 AM
No that's OK it's lost it's luster now - maybe I can win 4 games in a row - that would be a much better feat. I would be GM of the year if I pulled that one off.

Maybe 4 gms in a row is a feat for you... but I expect more from my guys. :P

miko
04-13-05, 01:22 AM
Maybe 4 gms in a row is a feat for you... but I expect more from my guys. :P
Have you seen my team??? I'll be lucky to get 4 wins all year. Just a quick reminder to everyone - Rule #1 in this league DON"T MISS DRAFT DAY!

miko
04-13-05, 05:55 AM
Check out his excerpt from the commish's message on the league home page........

"This week, half of the owners are looking to go to 2-0, and the other half are looking to raise their squad to .500 and record their first win of the season."

Man K-Dawg, your math skills have been improving - Vito must be giving you some private tutoring on the side. :lol: "And this week class we are going to start fractions....." :roflmao:

Big_E
04-13-05, 06:16 AM
He finished with -19 (2 HB)

bakntime
04-13-05, 07:30 AM
April 11, 2005

Team of the Day: Wolverines (79.5 points)
Low scoring team: Springfield Nuclear Powerplant (4 points)

Best Lineup: Sluggers (36.5 Points)
Worst Lineup: Four Horsemen (3.5 points)

Best Pitchers: Wolverines (61 points)
Worst Pitchers: Larrupin' Lou's (-19 points)

Hitter of the Day: Brian Roberts, Italian Ice (13 points)
Pitchers of the Day: AJ Burnett, Wolverines (37 points)

Worst Hitter: Larry Walker, 4 Horsemen (-2 points)
Worst Pitcher: Jeff Weaver, Lous (-19 points)
Also Negative Pitchers: Armando Benitez, Powerplant (-12 points), Danny Kolb, The Ligers (-10 points), UUU, Bombers (-5 points), Brian Fuentes, Swingers (-2 points)

Hitman23
04-13-05, 07:51 AM
Damnit Florida and their complete games. :enraged:

So Schilling faces the Yanks today. Man do I have a situation.

PinstripePride
04-13-05, 09:10 AM

They're going to completely destroy that kids arm...

Big_E
04-13-05, 09:11 AM
Thanks Vito, for filling in with the daily stuff.

...and I wish Weaver wasn't on my active roster! :lol:

BTW, there's a new commissioner feature at the Sportsline site -- add a story. There's one about Weaver there today...

Hitman23
04-13-05, 09:29 AM
They're going to completely destroy that kids arm...But that doesn't help me now while I'm getting slaughtered in points! :lol:

Well, I was up against two starts yesterday. I believe I have 3 today, hopefully I get a couple of good quality ones.

Coney36
04-13-05, 10:46 AM
Team of the Day: Wolverines (79.5 points)
Best Pitchers: Wolverines (61 points)
Pitchers of the Day: AJ Burnett, Wolverines (37 points)

About damn time... :D

Coney36
04-13-05, 10:47 AM

I was praying they wouldn't pull him out with like 2 outs in the 9th... :D

Coney36
04-13-05, 10:50 AM
They're going to completely destroy that kids arm...

It's okay Jason, I already suffered through it once when Mr. Torberg turned Burnett into noodle arm in '02 (?)... I think it'll be okay.

JDPNYY
04-13-05, 10:59 AM
About damn time... :D

I rather like that timing as well.

bakntime
04-13-05, 11:01 AM
About damn time... :DYeah, you're going to want to squeeze as many points out of Burnett as you can now, before his arm flies right off.

Coney36
04-13-05, 11:09 AM
I rather like that timing as well.

It's okay... I started the season 0-1 last year against Boz and ended up winning the division, so... :P

Coney36
04-13-05, 11:10 AM
Yeah, you're going to want to squeeze as many points out of Burnett as you can now, before his arm flies right off.

Well, you know how it is... if it flies off, they'll just reattach it like last time... :lol:

It's okay, I have four guys on the DL right now. I think I have to pretty much accept the injury risks...

JDPNYY
04-13-05, 11:12 AM
It's okay... I started the season 0-1 last year against Boz and ended up winning the division, so... :P

:)

I predicted one win for The Ligers this year. I'm done. Goal achieved.

PinstripePride
04-13-05, 12:02 PM
Yeah, you're going to want to squeeze as many points out of Burnett as you can now, before his arm flies right off.

:lol: He's got a one-way ticket to the DL.

(I still wish I had him. :thatsodd: )

Big_E
04-13-05, 02:23 PM
Damn....50 point game from Willis just killed me in this league...

...but propelled me into first place again in the auction league...

Stupid Flanders
04-13-05, 02:38 PM
Mark Mulder is officially melting down the Powerplant

Somebody call Jack Bauer

Hitman23
04-13-05, 02:58 PM

...but propelled me into first place again in the auction league...eff him. Lidle wound up getting it together after a couple of innings, but no run support thanks to the D Train. He'll slow down though. I'm not convinved he's this invincible.

miko
04-13-05, 02:58 PM

...but propelled me into first place again in the auction league...

D-Train BABY! Choo Choo! Next stop the Headless Horsemen.

Hitman23
04-13-05, 03:37 PM
sh*t.... Nady got 4 more hits today. :eek:

Stupid Flanders
04-13-05, 03:47 PM
sh*t.... Nady got 4 more hits today. :eek:
Yeah, and he's playing in the second game as well :)

Unfortunately Lawrence is cancelling out any good Nady does

what the kcuf is wrong with my pitching staff

yankeesrule2000
04-13-05, 03:55 PM
as of right now im getting my ass kicked.

Stupid Flanders
04-13-05, 04:17 PM
ok so today my starters so far:
Mulder: 5 INN, 11 HA, BBI, 3 K, 6 ER, L -6
Lawrence: 2.2 INN, 9 HA, BBI, K, 7 ER -15, sure to go lower

Stupid Flanders
04-13-05, 08:55 PM
ok so today my starters so far:
Mulder: 5 INN, 11 HA, BBI, 3 K, 6 ER, L -6
Lawrence: 2.2 INN, 9 HA, BBI, K, 7 ER -15, sure to go lower
i should have waited to post

Paul Fricken Byrd: 6 ER, 8 HA, 3 BBI, 5.1 INN, 3 K

who wants to trade for MY ENTIRE PITCHING STAFF

Big_E
04-13-05, 09:27 PM
I'm the 4th best team right now...and losing. :argh:

PinstripePride
04-13-05, 09:33 PM
Screw you Mark Prior. Screw you, Squeaks.

0-2, here I come. :(

JDPNYY
04-13-05, 09:43 PM
I'm the 4th best team right now...and losing. :argh:

I feel for ya Big_E. You should be 1 & 0 with 800 total points by now.

Stupid Flanders
04-13-05, 10:18 PM
have i expressed my disgust with my three starters going -2, -6 and -15 today?

Hitman23
04-13-05, 11:59 PM
where are Schilling's stats?

Soriambi
04-14-05, 12:04 AM
where are Schilling's stats?

Wai asked me the same thing earlier. We're going to see if it updates tonight, and if it doesn't, I'll have to contact SL and see what the deal is. :)

miko
04-14-05, 12:11 AM
i should have waited to post

Paul Fricken Byrd: 6 ER, 8 HA, 3 BBI, 5.1 INN, 3 K

who wants to trade for MY ENTIRE PITCHING STAFF

Hmmm Contreras isn't looking so bad right now sitting at 22 points after 2 starts. :lol:

And he's still available but the price tag just went up.

miko
04-14-05, 12:15 AM
Wai asked me the same thing earlier. We're going to see if it updates tonight, and if it doesn't, I'll have to contact SL and see what the deal is. :)
Flanders must be out for the night so I'll fill in for him - "What the hell are we paying for here?!? The sportsline site sucks as bad as Miko's team."

Hitman23
04-14-05, 01:26 AM
Wai asked me the same thing earlier. We're going to see if it updates tonight, and if it doesn't, I'll have to contact SL and see what the deal is. :)okay cool. thanks Kevin. :cool:

Coney36
04-14-05, 01:39 AM
okay cool. thanks Kevin. :cool:

SL has it updated in the final scores now.

bakntime
04-14-05, 07:18 AM
April 13, 2005

Team of the Day: Miko's Molerats (112.5 points)
Low scoring team: Springfield Nuclear Powerplant (19 points)

Best Lineup: Nomo Pizza dudes (37.5 Points)
Worst Lineup: Evil Empire (9 points)

Best Pitchers: Marauders (82 points)
Worst Pitchers: Springfield Nuke Plant (-13 points)

Hitter of the Day: Derrek Lee, Rhode Kill (16.5 points)
Pitcher of the Day: Dontrelle "It's only a matter of time before I get permanent arm damage" Willis, Miko's Starting Pitcher Abusers (50 points)

Worst Hitters: David Wright, Craig Monroe, Lumberjokes (-1.5 points each)
Worst Pitcher: Jason Johnson, Guys with Wood, Brian Lawrence, Powerplant (-17 points each)
Also Negative Pitchers: 8 others (http://nyyfanscom.baseball.sportsline.com/stats/sortable/all:SP:RP/y:f/standard?&start_row=961)

Big_E
04-14-05, 07:35 AM
April 13, 2005

Team of the Day: Miko's Molerats (112.5 points)

How many times this year has my opponent been Team of the Day??? :argh:

Thanks for doing this again! :D

bakntime
04-14-05, 07:47 AM
How many times this year has my opponent been Team of the Day??? :argh:

Thanks for doing this again! :DNo problem, Eric :D Let me know if/when you're ready to them again.

Hitman23
04-14-05, 07:49 AM
SL has it updated in the final scores now.yay! big help that was.

You're taking this week no doubt. 3 starts for you left, 1 for me.

Time to worry about my next game.

miko
04-14-05, 08:20 AM
Vito - the D-Train only threw 94 pitches in his FIRST COMPLETE GAME SHUTOUT but then raised that number to 114 for his SECOND COMPLETE GAME SHUTOUT IN LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

Hitman23
04-14-05, 08:22 AM
Vito - the D-Train only threw 94 pitches in his FIRST COMPLETE GAME SHUTOUT but then raised that number to 114 for his SECOND COMPLETE GAME SHUTOUT IN LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!that's awesome for you so far man. Don't listen to these guys about the arms blowing out either. If a guy is throwing a shutout into the 8th and 9th you have to let him in there to finish it. And the pussifying of every pitcher in the league is getting absurd. No one complained when Coney threw 140 pitches every outing.

bakntime
04-14-05, 08:24 AM
that's awesome for you so far man. Don't listen to these guys about the arms blowing out either. If a guy is throwing a shutout into the 8th and 9th you have to let him in there to finish it. And the pussifying of every pitcher in the league is getting absurd. No one complained when Coney threw 140 pitches every outing.I'm just talking trash :lol:

Pitchers should be able to throw more than some of them do, but the workload on some of these young guys with violent deliveries is bound to catch up to them eventually.

Hitman23
04-14-05, 10:04 AM
I'm just talking trash :lol:

Pitchers should be able to throw more than some of them do, but the workload on some of these young guys with violent deliveries is bound to catch up to them eventually.Oh I thought you were serious. Too many people criticize managers for leaving guys in too long. If they got the stuff I say let them go. it's their frikkin job. :lol:

Stupid Flanders
04-14-05, 10:16 AM
Flanders must be out for the night so I'll fill in for him - "What the hell are we paying for here?!? The sportsline site sucks as bad as Flanders's team."
There, I fixed it

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
04-14-05, 11:11 AM
2B J. Kent (LAD - 2B)

It has been decreed that whenever the above is referred to, it must be as "Jeff Kent, Professional Hitter" until further notice.

(I've got him on two of my teams, not to mention my real-life team. :drool: )

Soriambi
04-14-05, 11:51 AM
It has been decreed that whenever the above is referred to, it must be as "Jeff Kent, Professional Hitter" until further notice.

(I've got him on two of my teams, not to mention my real-life team. :drool: )

I have him on my team here, so I'll go for that.

BrianNYYanks
04-14-05, 08:16 PM
-17 points Jason Johnson is officially cut, I will now Start Josh Fogg.

Tuggers I still coming to get you, Petey!!!

YanksRockMan
04-14-05, 09:12 PM
-17 points Jason Johnson is officially cut, I will now Start Josh Fogg.

Tuggers I still coming to get you, Petey!!!
Yeah, you might, but it's pretty bad when you're losing to me considering the two starts I've had so far were horrible (offense is awesome). Hey, anything can happen. :P

PinstripePride
04-14-05, 09:37 PM
Roy Halladay comes up HUGE with a 9 K, 1 run CG performance, possibly saving me from an 0-2 start. PHEW! Thank you, Roy.

miko
04-15-05, 02:39 AM
I think the baseball gods are frowning on the Marauders this year. I mysteriously lost a start from Cliff Lee this week and now E-Diddy gets an extra one out of Weaver. 4 starts to my 1.5 (I only count Harang as a half). Maybe Weaver can repeat his performance of last week and outweigh any gains posted by Eaton. :lol:

Big_E
04-15-05, 04:53 AM
I think the baseball gods are frowning on the Marauders this year. I mysteriously lost a start from Cliff Lee this week and now E-Diddy gets an extra one out of Weaver. 4 starts to my 1.5 (I only count Harang as a half). Maybe Weaver can repeat his performance of last week and outweigh any gains posted by Eaton. :lol:

:lol: Weaver was supposed to get two starts this week...then it became one...now it's back to two.

One of us is going to be really pissed at the end of the week. We're two of the top four scoring teams right now, and someone's got to lose..

Big_E
04-15-05, 05:50 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen...we have some new, all-time records to announce!

WORST PITCHERS: New York Squeaks, -24 points, 4/14/05.

This breaks the old record of -23 points by 9 Angry Playaz on 4/12/2004.

We also now have confirmation of a new all-time scoring record...

Best Score: 149.5 points, The Ligers, 4/8/05. Breaks old record of 145 points, Valiant Vanquishers, 4/16/04.

Their score of 124 points by their pitcher will await further confirmation as a record (next week).

And finally, the -3 score of Tike Redmond on 4/7/05 is a new, all-time low for an individual.

miko
04-15-05, 06:23 AM
:lol: Weaver was supposed to get two starts this week...then it became one...now it's back to two.

One of us is going to be really pissed at the end of the week. We're two of the top four scoring teams right now, and someone's got to lose..

I think that someone has to be you my friend. I am undefeated against Gehrig division foes (8-0). :D It may be the last week I can say that so I thought I would throw that in.

Big_E
04-15-05, 06:28 AM
I think that someone has to be you my friend. I am undefeated against Gehrig division foes (8-0). :D ...

I've been the Unlucky Team of the Week enough...I wouldn't doubt it will be me again. :argh:

Big_E
04-15-05, 06:41 AM
April 14, 2005

Team of the Day: The Lumberjacks (64.5 points)
Low scoring team: New York Squeaks (-6 points)

Best Hitters: Evil Empire (35.5 points)
Worst Hitters: Boras' Holdouts (1 point)

Best Pitchers: The Lumberjacks (55 points)
Worst Pitchers: New York Squeaks (-24 points)*

Hitter of the day: Vinny Castilla, Tugger's Sluggers (16 points)
Worst Hitter: Mark Bellhorn, Guys With Wood (-2 points)

Pitcher of the Day: Roy Halladay, The Lumberjacks (48 points)
Worst pitcher: Sidney Ponson, New York Squeaks (-19 points)**
Also Negative Pitchers: Kyle Farnsworth, Guys With Wood (-8); Tom Gordon, NY Bombers (-8); Nate Robertson, New York Squeaks (-5); Bronson Arroyo, The Ligers (-5); Orlando Hernandez, The Ligers (-4), Scott Elarton, The Naked Truth (-2).

* - ALL TIME RECORD LOW (Old record: -23 points by 9 Angry Playaz on 4/12/2004)

** - Ties Season Low (Jeff Weaver, Larrupin' Lou's, 4/12/05)

JDPNYY
04-15-05, 06:44 AM
Best Score: 149.5 points, The Ligers, 4/8/05. Breaks old record of 145 points, Valiant Vanquishers, 4/16/04.

Their score of 124 points by their pitcher will await further confirmation as a record (next week).

My only regret is that we waited 6 days into our initial season to break the record.

Hitman23
04-15-05, 07:47 AM
Hey Wai did you have a couple pitchers go twice this week? I'm trying to figure out how you have two more starts then me. This sucks unless your pitchers get hammered, you're gonna destroy me. I only have one start left and you have three! :lol:

miko
04-15-05, 07:53 AM
Hey Wai did you have a couple pitchers go twice this week? I'm trying to figure out how you have two more starts then me. This sucks unless your pitchers get hammered, you're gonna destroy me. I only have one start left and you have three! :lol:
Welcome to my world young Skywalker.

Big_E
04-15-05, 08:00 AM
Welcome to my world young Skywalker.

Yeah but D-Train is worth 2-3 starts by other pitchers all by himself...

Hitman23
04-15-05, 08:02 AM
Welcome to my world young Skywalker.You mean Dontrelle didn't make up for anything with his insane outings?

PinstripePride
04-15-05, 09:00 AM
My only regret is that we waited 6 days into our initial season to break the record.

Nice job, John. Congrats.

And I will have Roy Halladay's babies if he needs me to.

Coney36
04-15-05, 10:01 AM

Umm Steve, I actually only have one guy expected to go twice this week and that's Burnett. :lol: Zambrano and Harden just didn't have their starts yet - I only had three starts this week up to now.

Hitman23
04-15-05, 12:24 PM
Umm Steve, I actually only have one guy expected to go twice this week and that's Burnett. :lol: Zambrano and Harden just didn't have their starts yet - I only had three starts this week up to now.Oh just the guy I wanted to go twice, Burnett! :lol: I realized one of my starters was skipped. Which would explain 1 less game, and with Burnett going twice that explains the other. Gotta love those two start weeks by your ace. :)

Soriambi
04-15-05, 01:21 PM
And I will have Roy Halladay's babies if he needs me to.

And I'll punch Sidney Ponson's if he has another outing like last night. :mad:

Well, okay, I won't really. Babies are cool, but I'll definately punch him.

miko
04-15-05, 03:23 PM
You mean Dontrelle didn't make up for anything with his insane outings?
Oh yeah I have a 47 point lead right now but E-Diddy has 4 starts left to my 2. It was supposed to be 3 starts each but he gained one and I lost one. Dontrelle merely makes up for my anemic offence.

miko
04-15-05, 04:05 PM
I'm hoping for rain in LA on Saturday when Eaton sqaures off vs Weaver - that would eliminate 2 of Eric's starters - hehe

Big_E
04-15-05, 04:10 PM
I'm hoping for rain in LA on Saturday when Eaton sqaures off vs Weaver - that would eliminate 2 of Eric's starters - hehe

Bastich!

Meanwhile I'm hoping Houston's bats explode for 30 runs over Saturday and Sunday against the Reds...

miko
04-15-05, 05:57 PM
I should be hoping for rain on Saturday as well - then the Saturday starts would be pushed back to Sunday and the Sunday ones to the next period. LMAO!!111!!!

miko
04-15-05, 05:58 PM
Bastich!

Meanwhile I'm hoping Houston's bats explode for 30 runs over Saturday and Sunday against the Reds...

bullpen!

I'm pretty sure the ........ meant you weren't finished with that last thought. :lol:

patrick.o
04-15-05, 11:17 PM
Good thing I had Bruce Chen on my bench and Hideo Nomo in my lineup. I'd hate to have a comfortable lead or anything. :mad:

yankeesrule2000
04-16-05, 07:14 AM
I'm getting my ass kicked, and i was really happy to see i have two starts today, to only realize he has 3 tomorrow :(

Big_E
04-16-05, 07:27 AM
Ugh....Suppan on my bench (31 points) and Weaver in my lineup (-19).

Big_E
04-16-05, 07:42 AM
April 15, 2005

Team of the Day: Doc's 1.21 Gigawatts (91.5 points)
Low scoring team: The Marauders (6 points)

Best Hitters: The Naked Truth (49 points)
Worst Hitters: Boras' Holdouts (5 points)

Best Pitchers: Doc's 1.21 Gigawatts (65 points)
Worst Pitchers: NY Bombers (-5 points)

Hitter of the day: Clint Barmes, The Lumberjacks (19.5 points)
Worst Hitter: Carlos Delgado, The Marauders (-2.5 points)

Pitcher of the Day: Derek Lowe, Nomo Lookalikes... (48 points)
Worst pitcher: Hideo Nomo, The Naked Truth (-19 points)*
Also Negative Pitchers: Juan Cruz, Evil Empire (-8 points); Ugueth Urbina, NY Bombers (-5); Shingo Takatsu, The Lumberjacks (-2); Damaso Marte, Tugger's Sluggers (-1).

* - TIES Season Low: Jeff Weaver (4/12/05) and Sidney Ponson (4/14/05).

PinstripePride
04-16-05, 10:02 AM
Hitter of the day: Clint Barmes, The Lumberjacks (19.5 points)

:cool:

PinstripePride
04-16-05, 10:03 AM
And by the way Eric & Rich, why the hell are you up at 8:30 on a Saturday?

Big_E
04-16-05, 12:59 PM

My excuse is young children...

patrick.o
04-16-05, 01:07 PM
My excuse is young children...
:lol: That's the same reason I slept til noon. Damn kid had me up until 4! :snooze:

Hitman23
04-16-05, 07:34 PM
looks like my mistake this week worked out for the best.

All I have to say for tomorrow is.... LET'S GO METS!!!!

(I think I'm gonna be sick)

yankeesrule2000
04-16-05, 08:03 PM

I work saturdays...and was just on my way out the door to work lol

miko
04-16-05, 09:04 PM
I work saturdays...and was just on my way out the door to work lol
I didn't know porn stars worked weekends. :bad:

BrianNYYanks
04-17-05, 05:44 AM
Petey is hurting my feelings...

Is Vinny Castilla a pitcher? He has 31 pts ouch!

Big_E
04-17-05, 08:28 AM
RECORD SHATTERING DAY!

April 16, 2005

Team of the Day: Tugger's Sluggers (170 Points) *
Low scoring team: The 4 Horsemen (-4 points)

Best Hitters: Italian Ice; Evil Empire: (31 points each)
Worst Hitters: NY Bombers (4.5 points)

Best Pitchers: Tugger's Sluggers (141 points) *
Worst Pitchers: The 4 Horsemen (-8 points)

Hitter of the day: Manny Ramirez, The Ligers (17 points)
Worst Hitter: Ramon Hernandez, Boras' Holdouts; Steve Finley, Michigan Wolverines; Vernon Wells, The Marauders: (-2.0 points each)

Pitcher of the Day: Mark Buehrle, Tugger's Sluggers (53 points) **
Worst pitcher: Dewon Brazelton, The 4 Horsemen (-13 points)
Also Negative Pitchers: Luis Ayala, New York Squeaks (-7); Scott Linebrink, The Marauders (-5); Jerome Williams, Evil Empire (-4); Mike Stanton, Italian Ice (-2); Tom Gordon, NY Bombers (-2); Guillermo Mota, Rhode Kill (-2); Jason Schmidt, Rhode Kill (-1); Scot Shields, The Lumberjacks (-1).

* - ALL TIME RECORD HIGH
** Season High

YanksRockMan
04-17-05, 09:19 AM
nothin to say...just

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

JDPNYY
04-17-05, 09:43 AM
RECORD SHATTERING DAY!

April 16, 2005

Team of the Day: Tugger's Sluggers (170 Points) *

Best Pitchers: Tugger's Sluggers (141 points) *

* - ALL TIME RECORD HIGH

Wow....damn... my record didn't last very long.

Congrats Pete... Big time. Great day.

PinstripePride
04-17-05, 10:35 AM
Ugh. We're gonna hear about this for 34532053240920935hu9uih0 weeks now. :P

Congrats Pete. Keep it up dude. :gulp:

yankeesrule2000
04-17-05, 10:59 AM
I didn't know porn stars worked weekends. :bad:'

I Wish i was a porn star, getting paid to have sex would be awesome :lol:

miko
04-17-05, 12:08 PM
'

I Wish i was a porn star, getting paid to have sex would be awesome :lol:
No if you got paid to have sex you would be a hooker. Porn stars get paid for "acting". :lol:

Big_E
04-17-05, 12:15 PM
looks like my mistake this week worked out for the best.

Well, then, in that case, I think we should retroactively make the change. :lol:

miko
04-17-05, 12:40 PM
Big E, is there a Little E kicking around that we don't know about??

Big_E
04-17-05, 07:20 PM
Big E, is there a Little E kicking around that we don't know about??

Well, I have two kids, but none with the first name starting with "E"...

Big_E
04-17-05, 07:24 PM
HOLY COW THE LOU'S CAME BACK!!!!!

Wow...left for dead earlier this week after Jeff Weaver's -19 performance, and Jeff Suppan's 31 points left on the bench, nobody gave the Lou's a chance (except maybe Miko...)

Well, Weaver made up for his earlier meltdown, posting a complete game shutout worth 33 points -- not counting the CG and QS, which will push it near 50. Greg Maddux added a QS worth 12 points (not including the bonus).

The Lou's have taken a 279.5 - 276.5 lead, with 20 bonus points to come.

All of The Marauders' games have gone final, securing the Lou's first victory of the season!

:D :D :D :D

Coney36
04-17-05, 08:28 PM
Yeah, you know it. Yeah, that was Burnett and his second CG THIS WEEK. :eek:

PinstripePride
04-17-05, 08:39 PM
Yeah, you know it. Yeah, that was Burnett and his second CG THIS WEEK. :eek:

Enjoy it while it lasts...:lol:

JDPNYY
04-17-05, 09:16 PM
The Ligers Pitchers (except for Roger Clemens) had their heads handed to them in a closed door tirade by manager/owner JDPNYY after a dreadful week.

Most of the hitters had their ears to the door and now know that their performance must remain at a high level.

Roger Clemens was seen driving away in one of his Hummers, smiling, while the chair throwing was occurring.

We shall soon see how the outburst will affect the clearly shaken pitching staff.

Congrats on a great week Nat.

Stupid Flanders
04-17-05, 09:19 PM
well i *finally* got my first W for my pitching staff

by a middle reliever nonetheless

Coney36
04-17-05, 09:26 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts...:lol:

Oh you know it... I'm already putting the 5th guy on my team onto the DL... and the season's only two wks old!

Big_E
04-17-05, 09:53 PM
The Ligers Pitchers (except for Roger Clemens) had their heads handed to them in a closed door tirade by manager/owner JDPNYY after a dreadful week.

Most of the hitters had their ears to the door and now know that their performance must remain at a high level.

Roger Clemens was seen driving away in one of his Hummers, smiling, while the chair throwing was occurring.

We shall soon see how the outburst will affect the clearly shaken pitching staff.

Congrats on a great week Nat.

How's Danny Kolb working out for ya with that #9 Keeper pick? On pace for 39 saves, but only 52 points, for the season. :eek:

Like I said...only has value in roto leagues, not points ones. ;)

JDPNYY
04-17-05, 10:06 PM
How's Danny Kolb working out for ya with that #9 Keeper pick? On pace for 39 saves, but only 52 points, for the season. :eek:

Like I said...only has value in roto leagues, not points ones. ;)

A little early to break out the "on pace for" stats, wouldn't you say?

Big_E
04-17-05, 10:09 PM

You're talking to a guy who owns Brian Roberts in another league :lol:
I love his on pace for stats right now. :D

Stupid Flanders
04-17-05, 10:11 PM
not really

my pitching staff is on pace for 14 wins and 224 losses

JDPNYY
04-17-05, 10:12 PM
not really

my pitching staff is on pace for 14 wins and 224 losses

Well, who the hell told you to pick that team?

Stupid Flanders
04-17-05, 10:28 PM
Well, who the hell told you to pick that team?
Soriambi confused me about the rules

I thought last place got a prize

Big_E
04-17-05, 10:40 PM
Soriambi confused me about the rules

I thought last place got a prize

They do. They win the highly-coveted 14th pick in the upcoming 2006 draft. :D

patrick.o
04-17-05, 11:57 PM
Nice. :cool: My first win of the season and against a division rival no less. :cheer: Goodbye cellar, here's your key back, I won't be needing it anymore. :smokin: Now I slap the Slugs around this week and move into my rightful place - 1st :rockin:

The Truth will set you free!

Big_E
04-18-05, 11:17 AM
April 17, 2005

Team of the Day: Larrupin' Lou's (101.5 points)
Low scoring team: New York Squeaks (21 points)

Best Hitters: Nomo Lookalikes... (34 points)
Worst Hitters: Michigan Wolverines (4.5 points)

Best Pitchers: Larrupin' Lou's (68 points)
Worst Pitchers: Tugger's Sluggers (-3 points).

Hitter of the day: Miguel Tejada, The 4 Horsemen (15.0 points)
Worst Hitter: Jose Reyes, The 4 Horsemen (-3.0 points)*

Pitcher of the Day: Jeff "The Phoenix" Weaver, Larrupin' Lou's (48 points)
Worst pitcher: Danny Kolb, The Ligers, (-7)
Also Negative Pitchers: J.C. Romero, Newburgh Naughties (-4); Byung-Hyun Kim, The Naked Truth (-4); Runelvys Hernandez, Tugger's Sluggers (-3); Salomon Torres, Saxmania's Swingers (-2); Mike Stanton, Italian Ice (-1); Kirk Saarloos, The Lumberjacks (-1).

* - TIES All-time record low (Tike Redmond, 4/7/05)

PinstripePride
04-18-05, 12:25 PM
The Lumberjacks are pleased to record their first franchise victory this past week. Due to the outstanding play of Roy Halladay (48 pts, 1 start), Clint Barmes (33 pts) for a second straight week, and Scot Shields (30 pts), the 'Jacks overtook the defending world champion Squeaks, and are 1 game back of the division lead heading into a showdown with the division rival Swingers this week.

Hitman23
04-18-05, 01:56 PM
Congrats Wai, it was a good matchup with you. :gulp:

f*cking Mets can eat a dick. So can Sheff with his GIDP yesterday, and so can Juan Cruz with his -11 for me. Piece of sh*t c*cksucker.

Stupid Flanders
04-18-05, 02:46 PM
Super. 0-2.

Coney36
04-18-05, 03:02 PM
Congrats Wai, it was a good matchup with you. :gulp:

f*cking Mets can eat a dick. So can Sheff with his GIDP yesterday, and so can Juan Cruz with his -11 for me. Piece of sh*t c*cksucker.

Likewise. :)

Woohoo, I'm 1-1... who cares if Burnett's arm is gonna fall off by the end of June? :cheer:

Saxmania
04-18-05, 03:02 PM
The Lumberjacks are pleased to record their first franchise victory this past week. Due to the outstanding play of Roy Halladay (48 pts, 1 start), Clint Barmes (33 pts) for a second straight week, and Scot Shields (30 pts), the 'Jacks overtook the defending world champion Squeaks, and are 1 game back of the division lead heading into a showdown with the division rival Swingers this week.

Bring. It.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Soriambi
04-18-05, 03:30 PM

You forgot the word legendary before defending world champion.

Good work last week, moron, but we will meet again.