PDA

View Full Version : Promoting players question

Big_E
04-04-05, 12:37 PM
Let's say we have a player who is in our minor leagues and he made the major league roster.

Does the 7-day clock start ticking from his team's first game, or from last night when the season started?

Snatch Catch
04-04-05, 01:06 PM
Let's say we have a player who is in our minor leagues and he made the major league roster.

Does the 7-day clock start ticking from his team's first game, or from last night when the season started?

For accounting's sake, lets just make it from Monday. Neither the Yanks nor the Sox would have any guys invloved, anyway.

Sound good?

boo_427
04-04-05, 02:40 PM
Yep, I think that is only fair.

Big_E
04-04-05, 02:45 PM
Sounds good to me.

So 7 days means promoted by Sunday then? Or Monday they'll be released?

Snatch Catch
04-04-05, 03:08 PM
Sounds good to me.

So 7 days means promoted by Sunday then? Or Monday they'll be released?

By midnight Sunday night.

12:00, any guys that are not promoted will be fair game.

yanksphan
04-04-05, 04:04 PM
SO - after promoting minor leaguers, we can just go ahead and pick up replacements? How much are they? $5 or $10?

Snatch Catch
04-04-05, 04:36 PM
SO - after promoting minor leaguers, we can just go ahead and pick up replacements? How much are they? $5 or $10?

Replacements on the minor league roster?

If so, then no, you do not replace minor leaguers that you promote to your active roster.

The only way you can add a minor leaguer to your roster is via the draft or trade.

Big_E
04-04-05, 06:08 PM
Replacements on the minor league roster?

If so, then no, you do not replace minor leaguers that you promote to your active roster.

The only way you can add a minor leaguer to your roster is via the draft or trade.

Why? That's not in the constitution...

Big_E
04-04-05, 06:09 PM
By midnight Sunday night.

12:00, any guys that are not promoted will be fair game.

12:00 between Saturday and Sunday or 12:00 between Sunday and Monday?

And could you use 12:01am from now on so we don't have to keep asking? :lol: