PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: I'll never eat chili at Wendy's again!/May Not Be A True Story

YankeeGalSC
03-24-05, 01:37 PM
http://www.cnn.com

See article...I tried to provide a link for the full, but it didn't work.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :jaw-drop: :jaw-drop:

Jersey Yankee
03-24-05, 01:41 PM
What did the article at least say? It's not on cnn.com now. Unwashed hands or something?

People should just get a meat grinder, beans and make their own chili.

yanksphan
03-24-05, 01:43 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/24/chili.finger.reut/index.html

SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- A diner at a Wendy's fast food restaurant in San Jose, California, found a human finger in a bowl of chili prepared by the chain, local officials said Wednesday.

"This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."

Archer1979
03-24-05, 01:45 PM
Apparently, it's a ploy to outdo KFC. :eek:

JDPNYY
03-24-05, 01:47 PM
What did the article at least say? It's not on cnn.com now. Unwashed hands or something?

People should just get a meat grinder, beans and make their own chili.

Yep, then they can eat their own fingers.

Big_E
03-24-05, 01:48 PM
Mmmm finger sandwiches!

yanksphan
03-24-05, 01:49 PM

Why waste time grinding them?

BronxByTheBay
03-24-05, 01:50 PM
I wonder if it came off the dollar menu.

wexy
03-24-05, 01:50 PM
I never considered chili finger food.

NYYFAN
03-24-05, 01:51 PM
Mmmm finger sandwiches!

:lol: You would think someone was missing their finger in the literal sense and pulled it out of the chili...unless the rest of the meat is ground up human...

NYYFAN
I know what they did with Dave Thomas now!!!!!!!!!!

penfold
Mmmm finger sandwiches!
And/or lady fingers for dessert!

RhodeyYankee2638
03-24-05, 02:02 PM
im going to buy some chili right now!!! hopefully they've slashed the prices

Hitman23
03-24-05, 02:04 PM
I like the chili option better then the fries.

chanman7483
03-24-05, 02:06 PM
I don't care. If there's a human finger in it i'd still eat it... so delicious, the chili is.

2 order of nuggets, sometimes a bacon cheeseburger, and an order of chili and fries is my usual.

Casey37
03-24-05, 02:08 PM
And/or lady fingers for dessert!

mmm....finger lickin' good!

Snatch Catch
03-24-05, 02:20 PM
mmm....finger lickin' good!

Man, the first thing I would do if I was eating there would be to ralph everywhere.

Then I would give the finger to the employees.

thecaptain
03-24-05, 02:28 PM
i just came from wendys.. mozzarella chicken sandwich :) .

mitch300
03-24-05, 02:36 PM
I don't care. If there's a human finger in it i'd still eat it... so delicious, the chili is.

2 order of nuggets, sometimes a bacon cheeseburger, and an order of chili and fries is my usual.

I like their chili also. The next time I order it I will request without a finger.

yanksphan
03-24-05, 02:46 PM
Then I would give the finger to the employees.

:lol:

Bub
03-24-05, 02:54 PM
We'll be hearing more about this. It's not like they found a human hair. Somebody's missing a finger, probably at a chicken processing plant. Shouldn't be too hard to find who it belonged to.

NYYBombshell
03-24-05, 03:00 PM
*enjoys being a vegetarian*

:)

thecaptain
03-24-05, 03:00 PM

sorigirl
03-24-05, 03:05 PM
That's nasty. :barf:

I've only had chilli from there once...I'm going to continue to stick to my usual #4. :D

chanman7483
03-24-05, 05:21 PM
i just came from wendys.. mozzarella chicken sandwich :) . 2:28pm

i just came from wendys.. mozzarella chicken sandwich :) .3:00pm

:looking: careful for those arteries, captain

yankeesrule2000
03-24-05, 05:23 PM
Wendy's chili is okay, i have ate it once, but i guess i will never be eating it again.

thecaptain
03-24-05, 05:31 PM
2:28pm

3:00pm

:looking: careful for those arteries, captain :D my screen froze.. when i came back into the room . i hit the reply again .. mozzarella cheeseburger also :D

yankeesrule2000
03-24-05, 05:32 PM
:D my screen froze.. when i came back into the room . i hit the reply again .. mozzarella cheeseburger also :D

What are you trying to do? have a heart attack? lol

Evil Empire
03-24-05, 06:05 PM
Haven't there been a lot of body parts found in food recently (Fingers, hands, penis' etc)? It's all quite weird :barf: :eek: :wtf:

03-24-05, 06:32 PM
Haven't there been a lot of body parts found in food recently (Fingers, hands, penis' etc)? It's all quite weird :barf: :eek: :wtf:Fear Factor without the payout.

JDPNYY
03-24-05, 07:08 PM
Wendy's chili is okay, i have ate it once, but i guess i will never be eating it again.

Now is the time to buy the Wendy's chili. You won't find another finger now.

Espinosa's Glasses
03-24-05, 07:59 PM
Thats fine its not like human fingers fall off like hotcakes...

nyyfanatic85
03-24-05, 08:08 PM
I've always wanted to know how fingers tasted. I've heard they taste like chicken but but the knuckle is extra crunchy, with a little bit of a juicy surprise in the middle. :)

Tifoso
03-24-05, 08:09 PM
I've always wanted to know how fingers tasted. I've heard they taste like chicken but but the knuckle is extra crunchy, with a little bit of a juicy surprise in the middle. :)
:eek: :barf:

Espinosa's Glasses
03-24-05, 08:18 PM

If you ever eat your fingers... make sure you eat cheetos first...

yankeesfaninaz
03-24-05, 09:54 PM
I have never tried their chili. I have not been to Wendys since I stopped going to college.

Jersey Yankee
03-24-05, 11:56 PM
Mmmm finger sandwiches!
Finger food at Wendy's. Don't worry, ketchup will be the vegetable.

ACPS
03-25-05, 12:02 AM
I want a severed hand on a stick for my B-Day this year. My back itches.

Dave Visbeck
03-25-05, 01:38 AM
:-ponder-: Was there any mention to whether the nail was clean or not?

BroadwayBomber55
03-25-05, 02:35 AM
I'm stickin' to Campbell's Chunky Chili. I perfer ordering a sandwich and a sour cream and chives baked potato as a side or a salad, instead of Wendy's chili.

Archer1979
03-25-05, 09:03 AM
Every time I read this thread, I get a flash of Ricardo Montalban eating a hot dog while watching Enrico Pallazzo perform the National Anthem. :lol:

YankeePride1967
03-25-05, 10:38 AM
When I saw the title, I was expecting an ex-lax moment.

Mattpat11
03-25-05, 11:33 AM
"Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited." Vomiting in such a circumstance is considered emotional?

Haven't there been a lot of body parts found in food recently (Fingers, hands, penis' etc)? It's all quite weird

Hey, I missed something.

hgsouth
03-25-05, 03:16 PM

Oooohhh I wanted to try the mozzarella cheeseburger. Mmm...cheese.

The chili rocks also. If you can find a Wendy's/Tim Hortons combo buy a chili from wendy's for 99c and a breadbowl from Tim Hortons for 1.00 and you have chili in a breadbowl for like 2.05. Its awesome for a college student :)

krystl
03-25-05, 04:03 PM
I shouldn't have laughed at that, but I couldn't help it! :lol:

krystl
03-25-05, 04:07 PM
Wendy's chili has been the subject of similar stories in the past, which I believe were found to be false. Has this been confirmed as true?

Archer1979
03-25-05, 04:09 PM
Wendy's chili has been the subject of similar stories in the past, which I believe were found to be false. Has this been confirmed as true?

It's on the internet, it must be! :D

krystl
03-25-05, 04:18 PM
Apparently this is true...
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/chili.asp

RhodyYanksFan
03-25-05, 04:39 PM
Someone is going to be very rich...but at quite the cost.

RhodyYanksFan
03-28-05, 10:05 AM
Warning: Gross
SF Chronicle picture of the finger (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?m=/c/pictures/2005/03/25/mn_finger_food_caps104.jpg&f=/c/a/2005/03/24/MNGPUBU27R1.DTL)

Casey37
03-28-05, 10:17 AM
:barf: Apparently, that unlucky person was wearing a glove or something :(

chanman7483
03-28-05, 10:43 AM
SF Chronicle picture of the finger (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?m=/c/pictures/2005/03/25/mn_finger_food_caps104.jpg&f=/c/a/2005/03/24/MNGPUBU27R1.DTL)

I stated earlier that I find Wendy's Chili so delicious that if I found a finger in my chili, i'd take it out, discard it, and keep eating.

After seeing that picture, I'm going to have to do a flip flop and go ahead and change my view on that one. Yeahhhhh..... :giveup:

Yankeees
03-29-05, 02:54 PM
You think they could do a fingerprint thing and find out who the owner is?

RhodyYanksFan
03-29-05, 03:15 PM
Here come the lawsuits! (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/03/28/state/n151302S81.DTL). Finger pointing (no pun) soon to follow. :D

Archer1979
03-29-05, 03:21 PM
You think they could do a fingerprint thing and find out who the owner is?

They could start up a Tip Hotline. :lol:

Dooley Womack
03-29-05, 03:30 PM
I can't put my finger on what makes their chili so damn good.

#1PaFan
03-29-05, 03:34 PM
Man, the first thing I would do if I was eating there would be to ralph everywhere.

Ralph everywhere? That'sdisgustingImeanwhydoyouhavetobringRalphintothisHedidn'tdoanythingIt'snotnicetotalkaboutbannedforumers.

thecaptain
03-29-05, 03:35 PM
I can't put my finger on what makes their chili so damn good. :lol: i love the chili.

Casey37
04-08-05, 06:42 PM
I just heard in the news that the woman who found the severed finger in her chili is a suspect and is being questioned by the authorities.

Why am I not surprised.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/0408Wendys-Finger-ON.html

Luvtino
04-08-05, 10:55 PM
Interesting development. This woman has a huge history of lawsuits and accusations. Good article.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/08/wendy.finger.ap/index.html

San Jose police have joined the Las Vegas police fraud unit in the investigation into how a 1 1/2-long fingertip ended up in Ayala's bowl of chili at the San Jose Wendy's on March 22. Ayala has sued the franchise owner, Fresno, California-based JEM Management Corp.

The company, however, maintains that the finger did not enter the food chain in its ingredients. The employees at the San Jose store were found to have all their fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients have reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

On Thursday, Wendy's offered a $50,000 reward to anyone providing verifiable information leading to the positive identification of the origin of the finger.

Investigators would not say what they were looking for in the search of Ayala's house. Ken Bono, a family friend who lives at the home, said officers searched freezers, a picnic cooler in the back yard and the belongings of an aunt who used to live at the house.

JDPNYY
04-08-05, 11:05 PM
I have personally made over 2000 pots of Wendy's chili and have not once found a severed finger.

yankeesAZ
04-09-05, 02:38 AM
Wendy's should sue the crap out of her. She has caused them millions in damages. Not to mention her entire yard needs to be dug up asap.

chanman7483
04-09-05, 02:59 AM
I don't see why people stopped eating the chili in the first place because of the story. How many more fingers do you think they would find?? Even if it was true, I'd think hey.. if there was a finger floating around, she got it.. and the rest should be good.

yankeesAZ
04-09-05, 12:01 PM
I don't see why people stopped eating the chili in the first place because of the story. How many more fingers do you think they would find?? Even if it was true, I'd think hey.. if there was a finger floating around, she got it.. and the rest should be good.

It's easy to scare the public and a juicy story like this one does. No one would think someone would put the finger in there themselves. This really ups the old "place a roach in your salad trick" and get a free meal.

destiny0o2
04-09-05, 10:28 PM
That pretty much still disgusts me even up to now.

Dooley Womack
04-10-05, 01:05 AM
I once licked some Wendy's chili off of my finger. Does that count?

FreeYayo
04-10-05, 03:46 AM

Yeah it's just like finding a short and curly in your chili.
You just pull it out and keep eating. (jk, jk)

WashingtonYankee
04-10-05, 04:30 AM

:eek: :barf: Doug! EWWW!

YankeePride1967
04-23-05, 09:31 AM
It was just reported that the woman that found the finger in her chilli, put the finger in it herself to give her cause to sue. So people can feel safe eating at Wendy's again. I will look for the link online, saw it last night and they just talked about it on the TV news.

YankeePride1967
04-23-05, 09:33 AM
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050422113709990020

Wendy's Hopes Arrest Brings Back Customers
By KIM CURTIS, AP

SAN JOSE, Calif. (April 23) - Wendy's restaurants are hoping business will bounce back now that a woman who claimed she found a finger in her bowl of chili has been arrested and investigators say the whole ordeal was likely a hoax.

Anna Ayala is accused of attempted grand larceny, a charge authorities said relates to the financial losses Wendy's has suffered since Ayala claimed she bit down a 1 1/2-inch finger tip in a mouthful of her steamy chili on March 22

YankeePride1967
04-23-05, 09:34 AM
Read the entire article. After reading this, I hope they throw the book at this scum. People have lost their jobs because of this leech's attempt at an easy buck.

NJ Fan
04-23-05, 09:39 AM
The loss to Wendy's restaurants in the Bay area is $2.5 million, according to the felony complaint against her.
That's a lot of money...and that's just in the Bay area. I know people here in NJ who have stopped going to Wendy's. It must be hurting them nationwide.

krystl
04-23-05, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I heard a while ago that she was involved in more than a few law suits, so I pretty much figured then it was a ruse.

JDPNYY
04-23-05, 10:36 AM
Read the entire article. After reading this, I hope they throw the book at this scum. People have lost their jobs because of this leech's attempt at an easy buck.

I hope she does some hard jail time. She hurt the reputation of an entire company. Wendy's has a lot of standards in place to fight any loss to that reputation.

They should cut off her fingers & throw her in prison.

04-23-05, 10:50 AM
I hope she does some hard jail time. She hurt the reputation of an entire company. Wendy's has a lot of standards in place to fight any loss to that reputation.

They should cut off her fingers & throw her in prison.
And do what with the fingers? Stick 'em in a Big Mac?

yankeesAZ
05-13-05, 03:31 PM
They traced the finger back to the woman who said she found it:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/wendy_s_finger

RhodyYanksFan
05-13-05, 04:26 PM

What. a. scumbag.

I'm sick of people looking for the easy way through life.

yankeesAZ
05-13-05, 04:34 PM
What. a. scumbag.

I'm sick of people looking for the easy way through life.

They should cut off one of her fingers and make her really eat it out of Wendy's chili. What a financial disaster for Wendy's over a bogus claim. They can sue her, but whatever she has left will not be much.

YankeePride1967
05-14-05, 01:37 PM

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050422113709990020

Wendy's Hopes Arrest Brings Back Customers
By KIM CURTIS, AP

SAN JOSE, Calif. (April 23) - Wendy's restaurants are hoping business will bounce back now that a woman who claimed she found a finger in her bowl of chili has been arrested and investigators say the whole ordeal was likely a hoax.

Anna Ayala is accused of attempted grand larceny, a charge authorities said relates to the financial losses Wendy's has suffered since Ayala claimed she bit down a 1 1/2-inch finger tip in a mouthful of her steamy chili on March 22

Yup, this was in the article I attached up above. throw the book at her

davyk2
05-14-05, 03:35 PM
has anybody been to wendy's for the free frosty's they are giving out this weekend? I guess they are giving out freebies to try and repair some of the PR fallout from this finger in the chili thing. I got one with my lunch yesterday and it was the smallest thing ever. Probably have about half the sze of a regular small or about as big as a double shot at a bar. I know beggers can't be choosers but cmon thats not worth the trip. Good thing I was already there for getting other food.

sorigirl
05-14-05, 04:01 PM

People make me sick.

So. Low.

Sillycon
05-15-05, 02:26 AM
has anybody been to wendy's for the free frosty's they are giving out this weekend? I guess they are giving out freebies to try and repair some of the PR fallout from this finger in the chili thing. I got one with my lunch yesterday and it was the smallest thing ever. Probably have about half the sze of a regular small or about as big as a double shot at a bar. I know beggers can't be choosers but cmon thats not worth the trip. Good thing I was already there for getting other food.

I ate there today. Yes, it's a tiny little thing. I pointed it out to my girlfriend while we were in line. We were both laughing at the size... (At least she gave me her frosty so it wasn't that bad for me...)

Stupid Flanders
05-15-05, 10:48 PM
Related story?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/02/custard.finger.ap/index.html

MAN FINDS SEVERED FINGER IN CUSTARD

krystl
05-16-05, 12:22 AM
Sounds like the kid size. If you substitute a frosty for a soda in a kid's meal, they give you the tiny one.

Stupid Flanders
05-16-05, 12:25 AM
I ate there today. Yes, it's a tiny little thing. I pointed it out to my girlfriend while we were in line. We were both laughing at the size... (At least she gave me her frosty so it wasn't that bad for me...)
I hate it when my girlfriends laugh at the size :mad:

yanksrule69
01-18-06, 04:09 PM
This couple got 9 years for this little scam they tried to pull. It may be a little harsh but it serves 'em right and will hopefully deter future schmucks from trying anything similar.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060118/us_nm/crime_wendys_finger_dc

SAN JOSE, California (Reuters) - A California court sentenced a couple to nine years in prison on Wednesday for planting a severed human finger in a bowl of chili to swindle a Wendy's fast food restaurant.

brosiusbuddy
01-18-06, 04:37 PM
Ok, here's what I want to know. Where is this Wendy's factory where they mass produce the chili that some worker cuts his own finger off, drops it into the giant chili vat and then, for lack of getting written up, says "oops" and doesn't tell anyone. Dont you think if someone lost a finger they'd scream and the people who run the factories would just get rid of a few hundred or thousand dollars worth of contaminated chili to save them what could be millions of dollars in lawsuits?

Thats why i dont ever trust these stories. Unless some crazy worker planted a finger in there, the guy is just trying to pull a fast one and receive a settlement. The only concern i ever have with wendy's chili is that it is too runny and doesnt have enough meat and beans.

JWHIII
01-18-06, 04:40 PM
This couple got 9 years for this little scam they tried to pull. It may be a little harsh but it serves 'em right and will hopefully deter future schmucks from trying anything similar.

Damn, 9 years seems like a long time for this. This part cracked me up...

"Wendy's had always been my family's favorite fast food restaurant."
Don't bite the hand that feeds, dumb bitch :D

Dooley Womack
01-18-06, 06:40 PM
Today I was biting into a finger and Wendy's chile poured out of it. I hate when that happens.

yankeesAZ
01-18-06, 07:21 PM

That's a fair sentence. I know others do worse and get less, but that's a problem for another day. This is merely the first time this scammer got caught. She has a history of lawsuits and settlements.

DontHateOnNumber2
01-19-06, 01:01 PM
I remember this! I never ate chili from there before and now I never will. :barf: