PDA

View Full Version : Team Name thread

yanksphan
02-25-05, 02:56 PM
I was going to go with "Deadbeat Nixon" in honor of everyone's favorite deadbeat dad, but I didn't want to look at a Sox player's name all summer.

So I'm going with - Bitches Brew

Snatch Catch
02-25-05, 04:31 PM
I'm witholding selecting a name now, as I want to make sure its good.

I mean, in theory this league is going to be around for a while, and I don't want to be the jackass that is constantly changing his team's name...

#1PaFan
02-25-05, 04:47 PM
I'm witholding selecting a name now, as I want to make sure its good.

I mean, in theory this league is going to be around for a while, and I don't want to be the jackass that is constantly changing his team's name...

ATTENTION PETEY!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :gulp:

Snatch Catch
02-25-05, 04:53 PM
ATTENTION PETEY!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :gulp:

Who did it in your guys' league?

Soriambi
02-25-05, 05:07 PM
Who did it in your guys' league?

Yanksrockman aka Pete. :)

We'll have a team name soon, too.

Hitman23
02-25-05, 05:28 PM
Just to make it official, Evil Empire. :rockin:

Snatch Catch
02-25-05, 05:35 PM

boo_427 actually already put in for that name via PM when the league was in its infancy...

Soriambi
02-25-05, 05:47 PM
boo_427 actually already put in for that name via PM when the league was in its infancy...

Steve can be the "You Stole My Name You Bastard"s.

Dave Visbeck
02-25-05, 05:50 PM
Anyone want the "Needle Busters?" :D

yanksphan
02-25-05, 06:21 PM

ooohh....yeah...you're going to have to wait for the OFFICIAL Team Name Thread if you want to make it 'official'...mmmkay? ;)

Soriambi
02-25-05, 09:52 PM
Vito and I are "New York's 1.21 Squeakawatts."

Hitman23
02-25-05, 10:08 PM
boo_427 actually already put in for that name via PM when the league was in its infancy...eff. We're gonna have two of them now. It's my name in the other league.

#1PaFan
02-25-05, 10:08 PM
Vito and I are "New York's 1.21 Squeakawatts."

Who's the Pitching Coach and who's the Catching Coach? Perhaps you two should take turns. Frankly, I think you Two are just absolutely Adorable Together! MEeeee-OWwwww!

:gulp:

Snatch Catch
02-25-05, 10:09 PM
eff. We're gonna have two of them now. It's my name in the other league.

I KEED, I KEED!!!

Hitman23
02-25-05, 10:12 PM
I KEED, I KEED!!!:lol: ok cool.

Big_E
02-26-05, 07:11 AM
The New York Knights

Logo:
http://www.arenafan.com/graphics/teamlogos/nykn.gif

Uniforms:
http://www.onlinesports.com/images/eff-nyk39h.jpg

boo_427
02-26-05, 09:39 AM

Kev,
I think you might be confused or playing a little joke. I saw it a couple days ago, when he was claiming his team name in another thread. I don't want Evil Empire. And I don't think that I Pm'ed you for that name. Just wanted to clarify so that Hitman23 didn't have a hatred for me the rest of the season, since I really didn't try to take his Franchise name.

eff. We're gonna have two of them now. It's my name in the other league.

Nope, we won't. My team name is JackedUpEyeBlack23 in honor of the greatest Yankee of alltime IMO.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for not blasting me to hard, when you thought I was stealing your name.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
02-26-05, 09:50 AM
Team "Notorious BIG Unit" has arrived.

Snatch Catch
02-26-05, 10:40 AM
Kev,
I think you might be confused or playing a little joke. I saw it a couple days ago, when he was claiming his team name in another thread. I don't want Evil Empire. And I don't think that I Pm'ed you for that name. Just wanted to clarify so that Hitman23 didn't have a hatred for me the rest of the season, since I really didn't try to take his Franchise name.

Please refer to post numbers 14 and 15 in this thread. Thanks. ;)

Snatch Catch
02-26-05, 11:31 AM

Thats effing awesome.

It even looks like the picture that was in the papers when he grabbed Duke's camera guy...

Perfect.

boo_427
02-26-05, 12:24 PM
Please refer to post numbers 14 and 15 in this thread. Thanks. ;)

Funny, I read that before I posted and didn't "get" it until I just re-read it. Hey, I don't mind being accused of doing things, it isI just that I remember Hitman23 comments when I was referring to how tough it is to be a Yankee fun in the "deep" south.

He seemed well connected.;)
And it made me realize with a handle like "Hiitman" it is best to be on his good side if you know what I mean!

And please by all means excuse my saracasm.:P

boo_427
02-26-05, 12:26 PM

I was thinking if you could put those thick black sunglasses on the Unit like Biggie used to wear, it would be awesome. But, maybe the Unit's face isn't fat enough.

Snatch Catch
02-26-05, 02:12 PM
I was thinking if you could put those thick black sunglasses on the Unit like Biggie used to wear, it would be awesome. But, maybe the Unit's face isn't fat enough.

Its perfect the way it is! Thats Big's last album cover...

Snatch Catch
02-26-05, 02:22 PM
For what its worth, I named odg347's team for him.

Lets see how long it is before he realizes it and makes the correction...

Hitman23
02-26-05, 04:10 PM
Funny, I read that before I posted and didn't "get" it until I just re-read it. Hey, I don't mind being accused of doing things, it isI just that I remember Hitman23 comments when I was referring to how tough it is to be a Yankee fun in the "deep" south.

He seemed well connected.;)
And it made me realize with a handle like "Hiitman" it is best to be on his good side if you know what I mean!

And please by all means excuse my saracasm.:P:lol:You were worried I'd have hatred? :lol: Man i don't hate anybody. If you claimed it, it would have been yours, no hard feelings.

What commets did I say about being a fan in the deep south?

Snatch Catch
02-26-05, 04:33 PM
:lol:You were worried I'd have hatred? :lol: Man i don't hate anybody. If you claimed it, it would have been yours, no hard feelings.

Steve- did you get the e-mail from sportsline?

Hitman23
02-26-05, 05:16 PM
Steve- did you get the e-mail from sportsline?
yeah I did. Haven't signed up yet though.

Snatch Catch
02-26-05, 05:26 PM
yeah I did. Haven't signed up yet though.

I signed you up already, but still, check it out. :)

Hitman23
02-26-05, 05:43 PM
I signed you up already, but still, check it out. :)Cool, thanks.

I'm trying to figure out a way to make it so I just have 1 page with both my teams. I already have a login ID, do I need a separate one?

Snatch Catch
02-26-05, 05:58 PM
No, you should have both teams on the same page under the same login...

Perhaps you need to follow the link in the e-mail to activate it?

Big_E
02-26-05, 07:38 PM
Yes, you need to follow the link to activate the team. Then on the main page under "Fantasy" you'll see all your Sportsline teams, and you can toggle back and forth.

I now have 3 teams at the site.

boo_427
02-27-05, 12:03 PM
:lol:You were worried I'd have hatred? :lol: Man i don't hate anybody. If you claimed it, it would have been yours, no hard feelings.

That you "knew" people who would kill me for saying that. Believe me, I believed you. ;)

NYDCYankee
02-27-05, 06:31 PM
Ok I am in....and I am The Rain King

Hitman23
02-27-05, 09:09 PM
Yes, you need to follow the link to activate the team. Then on the main page under "Fantasy" you'll see all your Sportsline teams, and you can toggle back and forth.

I now have 3 teams at the site.okay i figured it out. When I put my mouse over "Fantasy" it only had 1 team in the dropdown menu. I didn't realize i could actually click "Fantasy" to get to a different page.

Everything's cool. :cool: