PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2005 Draft Order (Complain about where you're picking here-I will!)

Soriambi
01-27-05, 09:00 PM
Since we're going to try to do the expansion draft fairly soon (possibly next week-if we can't get a time that everyone can be here, we'll start it very soon since it will likely take several days), it's time to post the official draft order, so that people can start thinking about potential keepers and so that the expansion owners can start thinking about expansion draft strategy.

Important: ALL of the expansion owners should have the list of all draftable expansion players that was expertly prepared by Big_E. I sent this to everyone. If for some reason you did not get it, please let me know right away.

About the draft order:

I asked Saxmania to prepare the draft order. The reason for this was, honestly, that miko and I were terrified that we would do the draft order and get the #1 and #3 picks or something, and that would look ver suspicious. :lol:

In hindsight, based on where we're drafting, that would have been a solid idea. ;)

In addition, if any of these teams do not pay or can not pay, the team that takes their place will take their draft posistion. Hopefully that doesn't happen, though.

Without any more babbling, here is the 2005 NYYFANS.COM Fantasy Baseball League Draft Order:

::drumroll::

1) Italian Ice
2) Guys with Wood
3) Clive's Team
4) Michigan Wolverines
5) Larrupin' Lous
6) PinstripePride
7) Newburgh Naughties
8) JDPNYY's Team
9) DaBoys4LifeNYY35's Team
10) Rhode Kill
11) Tugger's Sluggers
12) The 4 Horsemen
13) Saxmania's Swingers
14) Evil Empire
15) Doc's 1.21 Gigawatts
16) New York Squeaks
17) Stupid Flanders' Team
18) NY Bombers
19) The Marauders
20) The Naked Truth

Since we are doing the expansion draft in reverse order of the order they're picking in the first round here, the expansion draft order will be:

1.) Stupid Flanders
2.) DaBoys4Life
3.) JDPNYY
4.) Pinstripe Pride
5.) Clive

JDPNYY
01-27-05, 09:04 PM
Since we are doing the expansion draft in reverse order of the order they're picking in the first round here, the expansion draft order will be:

1.) Stupid Flanders
2.) DaBoys4Life
3.) JDPNYY
4.) Pinstripe Pride
5.) Clive

Stupid Flanders always gets to go first. Did he even pay?

PinstripePride
01-27-05, 09:09 PM
#6? Quite sexy. :)

Soriambi
01-27-05, 09:10 PM
#6? Quite sexy. :)

You have a top five pick in the expansion draft, too!

PinstripePride
01-27-05, 09:12 PM
You have a top five pick in the expansion draft, too!

Jerk.

Soriambi
01-27-05, 09:13 PM
Jerk.

Actually, now that I think of it, you're picking 6th in both drafts. That's quite a feat.

Soriambi
01-27-05, 09:13 PM
Actually, now that I think of it, you're picking 6th in both drafts. That's quite a feat.

Wait, no you're not. I can't count.

6th and 7th.

PinstripePride
01-27-05, 09:14 PM
Wait, no you're not. I can't count.

6th and 7th.

And you're a co-commish? :uhh: ;)

Soriambi
01-27-05, 09:15 PM
Idiot.

Those three blank lines and then periods are freaking me out, man.

PS. Jason edited out his post above and wants me to change my post. No. HAHA!

Soriambi
01-27-05, 09:16 PM
And you're a co-commish? :uhh: ;)

It clearly states in the League Constitution that the only requirement for a league commish is that they can read and/or write. (Which I can't do either, but I keep that well hidden.)

Big_E
01-27-05, 09:18 PM
#5...same spot I drafted in last year.

Also makes one of my keeper decisions much easier.

PinstripePride
01-27-05, 09:18 PM
Those three blank lines and then periods are freaking me out, man.

PS. Jason edited out his post above and wants me to change my post. No. HAHA!

:lol: I didn't want to come off as a dick. So much for that.

PinstripePride
01-27-05, 09:19 PM
#5...same spot I drafted in last year.

Also makes one of my keeper decisions much easier.

You're going to steal my pick every other round. I can sense it.

Soriambi
01-27-05, 09:20 PM
:lol: I didn't want to come off as a dick. So much for that.

Yeah, that's why I'm here-to make sure the truth comes out.

At least that's why I think I'm here. :D

Big_E
01-27-05, 09:21 PM
You're going to steal my pick every other round. I can sense it.

Then consider yourself lucky. Last year I had so many guys injured at the same time I was considering renaming my team to Big_E's M*A*S*H Unit.

PinstripePride
01-27-05, 09:23 PM
Then consider yourself lucky. Last year I had so many guys injured at the same time I was considering renaming my team to Big_E's M*A*S*H Unit.

:lol: In that case, pick away!

miko
01-27-05, 11:59 PM
Well I rocked the party with the Number 1 pick last year - 19th this year blows.

Actually 19th & 22nd IS better than 1st & 40th.

patrick.o
01-28-05, 01:02 AM
20) The Naked Truth
You cheatin' bastards! Trying to hold back the Truth, eh?

Ugh. Here's my draft: Sit around. Draft two guys. Do my taxes. Double check them. Draft two guys. Start my memoirs. Draft two guys. Finish my memoirs. Draft two guys. Wash, dry, and fold my laundy. Draft two guys. Solve pi to the end. Draft two guys. Drink until I get drunk, sober up, and drink some more. Draft two guys.

patrick.o
01-28-05, 01:09 AM
Yeah, that's why I'm here-to make sure the truth comes out.
Whaddya mean, 'make sure the truth comes out'? You callin my team gay? That ain't right, man. The Truth doesn't comment about the Squeaks sexual preferences (and just what is it about your guys that 'squeaks' anyway?).

Hmpf. The Truth are going to hold a press conference to announce that while there's nothing wrong with it, there is no truth to the rumors that any member of the team is gay, nor plans to be in the near future. We do however appreciate the support we get from our gay and lesbian fans and we fully support their freedom to make whatever lifestyle choices they want.

And now we're all going to date some Playboy Playmates.

Soriambi
01-28-05, 01:36 AM
Whaddya mean, 'make sure the truth comes out'? You callin my team gay? That ain't right, man. The Truth doesn't comment about the Squeaks sexual preferences (and just what is it about your guys that 'squeaks' anyway?).

Patrick, I sincerely apologize. That was a typo.

What I MEANT to type was "to make sure the empire comes out." My bad. ;)

Saxmania
01-28-05, 02:37 AM
13th. Um, woo?

I've never been tempted to re-run the random.org draft numbers. Not ever. Not even a little bit.

But if I ever had, it would have been this year.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Saxmania
01-28-05, 04:24 AM
You cheatin' bastards! Trying to hold back the Truth, eh?

Ugh. Here's my draft: Sit around. Draft two guys. Do my taxes. Double check them. Draft two guys. Start my memoirs. Draft two guys. Finish my memoirs. Draft two guys. Wash, dry, and fold my laundy. Draft two guys. Solve pi to the end. Draft two guys. Drink until I get drunk, sober up, and drink some more. Draft two guys.

I don't know, Patrick. That schedule leaves precious little time for whining and b!tching. Are you sure you've thought this through?

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

miko
01-28-05, 04:37 AM
I don't know, Patrick. That schedule leaves precious little time for whining and b!tching. Are you sure you've thought this through?

Be seeing you,

SaxmaniaBravo - well done Sax! :clapping: This is the kind of trash talk that has been missing around this place.

bakntime
01-28-05, 09:01 AM
Well, you screwed me again Sax.

Clive
01-28-05, 09:13 AM
Sweet, #3 overall and a corner pick in the expansion draft!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/balk/banana2.gif

Big_E
01-28-05, 09:18 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/balk/banana2.gif

Yeah, but after #3 you have to wait until #38 to pick again... ;)

Big_E
01-28-05, 09:22 AM
#1 pick is going to be very interesting this year.

Italian Ice has Johan Santana on their roster, and he can be kept, but with a first-round pick this year (since he was taken in the 3rd round in 2004). He scored the 3rd most points in 2004, so is first-round worthy, but is he #1 worthy? I could have seen I.I. keeping him if they drafted 8th or lower in the first round...but will I.I. make him the #1 pick overall? And if not...where will Santana go?

Stay tuned...

Soriambi
01-28-05, 09:39 AM
#1 pick is going to be very interesting this year.

Italian Ice has Johan Santana on their roster, and he can be kept, but with a first-round pick this year (since he was taken in the 3rd round in 2004). He scored the 3rd most points in 2004, so is first-round worthy, but is he #1 worthy? I could have seen I.I. keeping him if they drafted 8th or lower in the first round...but will I.I. make him the #1 pick overall? And if not...where will Santana go?

Stay tuned...

Good thought. That'll be interesting. :)

Saxmania
01-28-05, 09:41 AM
Well, the Ice won't need to use a keeper pick on Santana now, since they have the first pick of the round, so I guess they win - they can draft him in round 1 and still have five keeper picks left.

Vito, you love it. And I screwed myself nearly as hard, as it were.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Soriambi
01-28-05, 09:48 AM
Well, the Ice won't need to use a keeper pick on Santana now, since they have the first pick of the round, so I guess they win - they can draft him in round 1 and still have five keeper picks left.

Vito, you love it. And I screwed myself nearly as hard, as it were.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

That's a very good point, also. The first part, not the screwing Vito/yourself part. I don't know about that, and I don't think I want to know. Joltinjo doesn't have to use a keeper pick on Santana, though he can also take A-rod or whoever and have five keeper picks. (Obviously.)

It's fun analyzing people's pre-draft strategy right in their plain view.

Stupid Flanders
01-28-05, 10:32 AM
Stupid Flanders always gets to go first. Did he even pay?
Did I pay? Please, my knees are still killing me.

Stupid Flanders
01-28-05, 10:50 AM
Hey, is this a snaking draft (1-10, 10-1, 1-10, etc)?

JDPNYY
01-28-05, 10:59 AM
Did I pay? Please, my knees are still killing me.

As long as you paid, I have no complaints then. (I'd go with Enrique Wilson for that first round 17th pick if I were you. I'm thinking he's due for a breakout year)

Stupid Flanders
01-28-05, 11:11 AM
As long as you paid, I have no complaints then. (I'd go with Enrique Wilson for that first round 17th pick if I were you. I'm thinking he's due for a breakout year)
Why would I take Enrique Wilson when Denny Neagle is still available?

JDPNYY
01-28-05, 11:17 AM

I did not know you liked train whistles.

Soriambi
01-28-05, 11:24 AM

Both the regular and expansion drafts are snake drafts. :)

Big_E
01-28-05, 11:56 AM

Yes, and people 11-20 apparently don't get to make picks. :lol:

Big_E
01-28-05, 11:57 AM

Don't be so sure I won't snag Neagle at #5.

Soriambi
01-28-05, 12:08 PM
Yes, and people 11-20 apparently don't get to make picks. :lol:

I was being nice and not mentioning that. ;) :D :lol:

Soriambi
01-28-05, 12:08 PM
Don't be so sure I won't snag Neagle at #5.

I'd go for it..quite a sleeper... ;)

JDPNYY
01-28-05, 12:24 PM
I was being nice and not mentioning that. ;) :D :lol:

Fine with me. I approve. So I get picks 8 & 13 now.

The only problem is that Denny Neagle won't be around when I pick.

Soriambi
01-28-05, 12:25 PM
Fine with me. I approve. So I get picks 8 & 13 now.

The only problem is that Denny Neagle won't be around when I pick.

Maybe if you ask Eric really nicely he'll take David Cone instead.

Big_E
01-28-05, 12:29 PM
Maybe if you ask Eric really nicely he'll take David Cone instead.

If I can't get Neagle, I'll go with Denny Stark.

Saxmania
01-28-05, 12:42 PM
As long as you guys leave Steve Sparks to me, I'm cool.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Soriambi
01-28-05, 01:28 PM
Do you think Jayson Stark will still be available when I'm drafting? :-ponder-:

Stupid Flanders
01-28-05, 02:48 PM
I did not know you liked train whistles.
Only fantasy train whistles. I believe those give miscellaneous points.

PinstripePride
01-28-05, 03:45 PM
Do you think Jayson Stark will still be available when I'm drafting? :-ponder-:

Nope. I draft before you. :D

Soriambi
01-28-05, 03:54 PM
Nope. I draft before you. :D

My draft strategy is ruined. So is my life. I hate you. Who will I pick if it's not Jayson Stark? I'm out of ideas. Any help, people? :(

PinstripePride
01-28-05, 04:03 PM
My draft strategy is ruined. So is my life. I hate you. Who will I pick if it's not Jayson Stark? I'm out of ideas. Any help, people? :(

Deal with it. I wanted Gammons, but he's sure to go #1. I'm heartbroken, but life goes on. Stark is the start to a great team. I'm sure there will be someone out there for you.

Soriambi
01-28-05, 04:09 PM
Deal with it. I wanted Gammons, but he's sure to go #1. I'm heartbroken, but life goes on. Stark is the start to a great team. I'm sure there will be someone out there for you.

I'm looking at Harold Reynolds, but I'm SURE Vito's gonna take him the pick before I'm up. Like when Pete picked Albert Pujols the pick before ne when I was about to pick him two years ago, then traded him for Eric Milton straight up.

Only this would be far worse.

PinstripePride
01-28-05, 04:17 PM
I'm looking at Harold Reynolds, but I'm SURE Vito's gonna take him the pick before I'm up. Like when Pete picked Albert Pujols the pick before ne when I was about to pick him two years ago, then traded him for Eric Milton straight up.

Only this would be far worse.

If I were you, I'd take Rob Neyer.

Soriambi
01-28-05, 04:28 PM
If I were you, I'd take Rob Neyer.

Oooh, good call. I need to go look up his stats.

miko
01-28-05, 09:32 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/balk/banana2.gifClive - obviously you didn't read the rules before you started posting - there are no dancing banana's allowed in this forum.

Side note to Sori - could you please add that to the constitution? :lol:

Soriambi
01-28-05, 09:33 PM
Clive - obviously you didn't read the rules before you started posting - there are no dancing banana's allowed in this forum.

Side note to Sori - could you please add that to the constitution? :lol:

What do you care what's in the Constitution? You're Canadian!

miko
01-28-05, 09:34 PM
What do you care what's in the Constitution? You're Canadian!Just because ours is written on birch bark instead of parchment doesn't make it "un-offocial".

Soriambi
01-28-05, 09:34 PM
Just because ours is written on birch bark instead of parchment doesn't make it "un-offocial".

No, but it makes it un-official.

JDPNYY
01-28-05, 09:35 PM
Just because ours is written on birch bark instead of parchment doesn't make it "un-offocial".

Maple syrup ink?

Soriambi
01-28-05, 09:36 PM
Maple syrup ink?

Good question, eh.

JDPNYY
01-28-05, 09:37 PM
Did you know that Canadians don't have Social Security Numbers.

They have Social Insurance Numbers.

Soriambi
01-28-05, 09:47 PM
Did you know that Canadians don't have Social Security Numbers.

That's weird. Is this true, miko? Are you weirder than we all already knew?

miko
01-28-05, 09:47 PM
Yes we all in fact have SIN numbers. We are all going to hell in a hand basket anyways.

JDPNYY
01-28-05, 09:50 PM
That's weird. Is this true, miko? Are you weirder than we all already knew?

They have really freaky Zip Codes (Postal Codes).

Instead of (say) 08935 they have (say) V3C - 8G7. It's a pain.

miko
01-28-05, 09:54 PM
They have really freaky Zip Codes (Postal Codes).

Instead of (say) 08935 they have (say) V3C - 8G7. It's a pain.For sure - you have Beverly Hills 90210 and we have Richmond Hill M4A 0E5. Which sounds like the better neighbourhood. Yah and we also use a "u" in our words like humour and rumour too since we're pointing out ALL the differences. HAHAHAHA

JDPNYY
01-28-05, 09:55 PM
For sure - you have Beverly Hills 90210 and we have Richmond Hill M4A 0E5. Which sounds like the better neighbourhood. Yah and we also use a "u" in our words like humour and rumour too since we're pointing out ALL the differences. HAHAHAHA

...and they have really creepy vacation rules. (Can you tell I do Payroll for a buncha Canadians???)

Soriambi
01-28-05, 09:57 PM
For sure - you have Beverly Hills 90210 and we have Richmond Hill M4A 0E5. Which sounds like the better neighbourhood. Yah and we also use a "u" in our words like humour and rumour too since we're pointing out ALL the differences. HAHAHAHA

You sound like a colourful bunch.

miko
01-28-05, 09:59 PM
Now you're gettin' it!

JDPNYY
01-28-05, 09:59 PM

They are quite a colourful bunch. They're always wondering if they can get their Pay Cheques early.

Soriambi
01-28-05, 10:01 PM
They are quite a colourful bunch. They're always wondering if they can get their Pay Cheques early.

If they litter they get arrested by like sixty cops. I saw that in a movie once.

miko
01-28-05, 10:07 PM
They are quite a colourful bunch. They're always wondering if they can get their Pay Cheques early.Well if you ask for a check up here you get something that resembles a "V" written on a piece of paper and told to have a nice day. And we are allowed to receive vacation pay in advance if we like - them's the rules.

Coney36
01-29-05, 04:40 PM
#4? About time... :drool:

Soriambi
01-29-05, 06:09 PM
#4? About time... :drool:

That means you'll probably only miss Pujols by a pick or two! :)

miko
01-29-05, 06:37 PM
If they litter they get arrested by like sixty cops. I saw that in a movie once.
That wasn't a movie - it was the Canadian version of COPS.

Coney36
01-29-05, 07:01 PM
That means you'll probably only miss Pujols by a pick or two! :)

Har har har. Either way, it's nice to not be 16 or dead last again.

Soriambi
01-29-05, 07:42 PM
Har har har. Either way, it's nice to not be 16 or dead last again.

Hey! Some of us who are drafting 16th are fine human beings! :P

Soriambi
01-29-05, 07:47 PM
That wasn't a movie - it was the Canadian version of COPS.

MOUNTIES?

Coney36
01-29-05, 08:18 PM
Hey! Some of us who are drafting 16th are fine human beings! :P

:lol: I didn't say you weren't a fine human being. :P

I'm just saying better you than me. ;)

Hitman23
01-30-05, 04:05 PM
well, that would figure.... my luck.