PDA

View Full Version : Post says Hackett's history

BillBuckner
01-16-05, 11:50 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/38275.htm

But its too late... :(

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-16-05, 12:41 PM
5 fvcking games against Pittsburgh and his offense can't score one touchdown. He should be history

JeffWeaverFan
01-16-05, 12:43 PM
It's the only good news that came out of this.

BroadwayBomber55
01-16-05, 12:47 PM
Fi-re Hack-ett! clap clap clap clap clap clap Fi-re Hack-ett!

NYYFAN
01-16-05, 12:51 PM
So who you guys want to replace him? I was wondering about Jim Mora former NO and Indy coach...

JeffWeaverFan
01-16-05, 12:53 PM
Here is the most disturbing part of the article for me:

Maybe. But LaMont Jordan touched the ball exactly six times all day, averaging six yards every time he did. Jet fans have been begging Hackett to get Jordan the ball more; Herman Edwards nearly did pulled a pile-driver move on Bishop Harris in San Diego a week ago in an effort to deliver that message to his T-bone-thick coordinator.

I can't understand why this guy doesn't get more carries. Everytime he touches the ball, good things seem to happen. We have to use the money that we would have signed on John Abraham and re-sign Lamont Jordan - guarenteeing him that he will get significantly more playing time and will become our full time running back very soon.

yeahimweird
01-16-05, 12:53 PM
It's about freakin' time.

ConnYanksFan
01-16-05, 03:38 PM
No ex-Pitt head coach is qualified to coordinate an NFL offense.

Can I interest any Jets fans in Tom Rossley? Maybe when Donnie Henderson becomes a head coach, you might want to hire Bob Slowik as well? :D

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-16-05, 03:42 PM
Donnie's gonna stick around one more year I think. We need him. He's going to be an NFL coach at some point in the near future, I don't see him splitting to go and coach college with the future he has as a coach in the NFL.

WebsterMulligan
01-16-05, 03:48 PM
So who you guys want to replace him? I was wondering about Jim Mora former NO and Indy coach...

Has he been out of the league, since his Indy days?

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-16-05, 03:53 PM
"Playoffs? Dont talk about playoffs, we can't even win a damn game" :lol:

Anyone they pick will be better than Hackett.

Casey37
01-16-05, 05:16 PM
Hackett's not history, Doug Brien is, IMHO.

BillBuckner
01-16-05, 05:39 PM
"Hackett, not available for comment after the game, is likely to be fired in the coming days." -NY Daily News

Thats another reason I hate that pussy. Not only is he totally incompetent, he cant even stand up like a man and take the heat for his mistakes. F*cking coward, enjoy coaching peewee leagues the rest of your pathetic life. Dont let the door hit your fat stupid ass on the way out either.

yeahimweird
01-16-05, 05:55 PM
"Hackett, not available for comment after the game, is likely to be fired in the coming days." -NY Daily News

Thats another reason I hate that pussy. Not only is he totally incompetent, he cant even stand up like a man and take the heat for his mistakes. F*cking coward, enjoy coaching peewee leagues the rest of your pathetic life. Dont let the door hit your fat stupid ass on the way out either.

Of course. He's NEVER available for comment after a game like yesterday. He's such a jerk off. :mad:

You can't forget that he basically lied to Herm and said he would change some things up offensively this season and he didn't.

Needless to say, I will jump for joy when they announce his firing.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-17-05, 07:40 PM
Hackett's not history, Doug Brien is, IMHO.
If you are right about Hackett staying with the Jets then I want you to tell me what numbers to play. No way is this guy not getting fired.

yeahimweird
01-17-05, 08:20 PM
The Jets are taking too long to fire this idiot.

You don't fire people on Sunday, so that I understand. The players cleaned out their lockers today :(, and my guess is that they're probably giving it another day or two.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-17-05, 08:22 PM
Two more days and I start to worry.

PinstripePride
01-17-05, 08:26 PM
There Is Hope!

Prickly Pete
01-17-05, 11:18 PM
Tuesday's NY Times:

Coach Herman Edwards also sounded as if Hackett would return, saying: "That's not an issue. He's got us in the playoffs three out of four years. It's not about the system, it's about the players."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/18/sports/football/18anderson.html

BillBuckner
01-17-05, 11:54 PM
If that piece of $hit is not gone, I might commit suicide.

JeffWeaverFan
01-18-05, 12:45 AM
I want both Herm and Hackett gone. Herm has gotta be one of the most overated head coaches in the league. He's great at motivating his players but his in-game coaching is atrocious. I know Herm will be back, but if they don't fire Hackett, I'll flip out.

yeahimweird
01-18-05, 02:00 AM
If that incompetent ass isn't fired, I'll probably cry.

RIyankee
01-18-05, 12:45 PM
I want both Herm and Hackett gone. Herm has gotta be one of the most overated head coaches in the league. He's great at motivating his players but his in-game coaching is atrocious. I know Herm will be back, but if they don't fire Hackett, I'll flip out.

I agree Hackett needs to go, but I'm glad to see someone shift some blame to Herm Edwards. He's the head coach and should have done a better job in that Pitt game. I heard he decided to fire Hackett before the playoffs. If that's true, then Herm has no excuse for such awful play calling at the end. Hackett is a convenient scapeoat for Herm's failure this season.

JMHO

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-18-05, 01:12 PM

Dude you're nuts. Herm is one of the best coaches in the league when it comes to preparation and motivation. Our guys play hard game in and game out, and we play some of the best disciplined football in the league. Does his in-game coaching need work, and does he need to get more involved with the offense? Hell yes. But this guy got this team to the playoffs in 3 out of 4 years, and until this year, our defense was average at best.

JeffWeaverFan
01-18-05, 04:49 PM
Dude you're nuts. Herm is one of the best coaches in the league when it comes to preparation and motivation. Our guys play hard game in and game out, and we play some of the best disciplined football in the league. Does his in-game coaching need work, and does he need to get more involved with the offense? Hell yes. But this guy got this team to the playoffs in 3 out of 4 years, and until this year, our defense was average at best.
He's way too conservative in my mind. Also, I believe too much blame goes straight to Hackett and Herm gets a pass. You have to remember that Herm knows what the offensive play call is before it happens. He has the right to change it and should when they are the idiotic calls that Hackett always seems to call. He might be the best at motivation, but I want more than that. And, his clock management is a disgrace.

PinstripePride
01-18-05, 04:54 PM
Hackett is as good as gone. He doesn't even have Chad's hardcore backing anymore.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-18-05, 05:17 PM
He's way too conservative in my mind. Also, I believe too much blame goes straight to Hackett and Herm gets a pass. You have to remember that Herm knows what the offensive play call is before it happens. He has the right to change it and should when they are the idiotic calls that Hackett always seems to call. He might be the best at motivation, but I want more than that. And, his clock management is a disgrace.

It's not just motivation. Does it matter that under Herm the Jets have made the playoffs almost every year, been one of the least penalized teams in football, and also have been one of the top teams in turnover ratio? And both times we made the playoffs before this year, our defense was average at best. You can't deny that Herm isn't a good football coach. Let's see if he can take us to the next level with a new OC...he definitely deserves the chance.

JeffWeaverFan
01-18-05, 05:46 PM
It's not just motivation. Does it matter that under Herm the Jets have made the playoffs almost every year, been one of the least penalized teams in football, and also have been one of the top teams in turnover ratio? And both times we made the playoffs before this year, our defense was average at best. You can't deny that Herm isn't a good football coach. Let's see if he can take us to the next level with a new OC...he definitely deserves the chance.
I guess he deserves the chance. Maybe it's just that I'm comparing him to guys like Parcells and Bellicheck which isn't fair...