PDA

View Full Version : Yankee fan logging in from the PNW

cman
04-23-01, 10:33 PM
Greetings all,

My name is Chris and i live up here in Seattle Mariner country ..I am orginally from the Hudson Valley in upstate New York...Either your watching Yankees Baseball or your not even in the same league :bad-ass:

Kinda far from my orginal home, but its always important to rember your roots! As such, I am the only guy walking around SAFECO field in New York Yankees clothing :D You should see the looks i get when i walk around the team store..hahahahah It gets even better: I pay for my tickets to Mariner's games with my Yankees checks! :NY:

Any other Yankees fans out here in the Seattle area?
And hello to you ALL!!

Jim F.
04-23-01, 10:49 PM
I don't know of any from the Seattle area, but we have OR and CA covered :)

Welcome aboard! I had thought about moving to Seattle a few years back, but couldn't be that far away from the Yanks! Had this place existed, I wouldn't have been so apprehensive :)

-jim

ZYANK
04-23-01, 11:09 PM
:) Welcome! :)...At least you're not walking around with an A-Rod shirt! Then you'd get more than just looks.

b-ball-lunachick
04-24-01, 12:58 AM
hey cman -- is the "c" for Chris? Never been to Seattle but heard it's really nice...amazing to watch away games on tv and see so many transplanted NYers that were Yankee fans!! Great to have you here...Welcome!! :)

JeanC
04-24-01, 03:41 AM
Welcome Chris!

Im from So California myself a native but my parents were born and raised in upstate NY! Ive been a Yankee Fan since I was 6 years old! That was a ways back!

I know we have more than a few here on the West Coast in BB that are Yankees Fans and that write a whole lot!

I have known maybe one other Seattle Yankee Fan but I think she got lost in the shuffle on another forum a long time ago!

Well Welcome Aboard !!!! Youll Really Love this Forum!
For Yankee Flavor, Fun, Player Discussion, Trivia This Is An Excellent Forum For Just That!!!!

Now Post On! And Get Ready for Tomorrow night! And Join In with the Rest of Us Posting About it!!!!!

# 21 Forever
04-24-01, 07:56 AM
Welcome cman!

Jen!!!
04-24-01, 08:27 AM
Hey, welcome...glad to have you, put your umbrella away for a while and sit a spell.
Oh and if you see Eddie Vedder out walking about town, tell him I said Hey! Only kidding.... ;)

Hope you enjoy it here!

MonicaRFNY
04-24-01, 11:43 AM
Welcome, cman! I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I enjoy mine.

Monica :)

allybear
04-24-01, 05:22 PM
Hi cman! If you see Eddie Vedder, tell him I said hi too! :lol:

Be careful when you say you're "logging" in your area - I wouldn't want any environmentalists getting after you! :lol:

Seriously, though, I have heard Seattle is a very nice city, and I hope you enjoy spending time with Yankees fans from all over!

Keep smiling and welcome...:)

ClayBelle
04-24-01, 05:46 PM
Welcome aboard cman! :) I'm looking forward to my first trip to Seattle and a game at Safeco in June.

cman
04-25-01, 01:35 AM
thanks 2 all who wrote to welcome me :D

Claybelle, you will enjoy Seattle. Its a nice city, just note 2 get around be patient...traffic here is the worst in America at times.....SAFECO is pretty cool as well, ditching the Kingdome was a good move...indoor ball on turf....is gay.

There are 3 ballparks that SHOULD NEVER be replaced:

1.) Yankee Stadium ( of course ) ;D
2.) Wrigley Field
3.) Fenway Park

Not sure why, but there's something about Wrigley in particular that lets you know this is good ole fashion mom and apple pie americana :) baseball at its finest. ( well, next to a certian team from the bronx naturally. ) :NY:

hello again 2 all!

Shel
04-27-01, 08:21 PM
Welcome, cman! :D

I visited Seattle 2 years ago, and even though I was only there for two days, I had a great time. I was hoping to catch a Mariners game, but they were out of town when I was there, so I took a tour of Safeco Field. Beautiful park! Just wondering though...do the seats directly behind home plate still cost $200? I had to ask the tour guide to repeat herself when she mentioned the cost of those seats! :eek:

Eddie160
05-02-01, 07:40 PM
hey cman I can relate to what you said I grew up in Brooklyn and I moved to Florida 13years ago but NY will always be home.

#1PaFan
05-06-01, 09:42 AM
Welcome aboard cman!

My sister lives out your way and one thing she remarks about, besides the rain of course :) , is the terrible traffic.

You'll have a good time here.

patrick.o
05-11-01, 07:21 PM
Ahh, the beautiful Pacific Northwest! I've been lucky enough to be out your way a few times (I have family in the Bremerton area) and I have nothing but good memories. I've seen the M's and 'Hawks at the Kingdome and the Sonics at wherever it is they play. I've camped at Rainier, St. Helens and on the penninsula. I was fortunate enough to be in Seattle once for Bumbershoot and saw some great bands (Robert Cray was awesome). And then there is the beer. Thomas Kemper White Ale, Redhook Expresso Stout, Pyramid Hefewiezen, etc.

If anyone is looking for a great place to vacation in the US, you can't beat western Washington in September. I can't wait to get there again and see SafeCo.

Welcome, cman :)

pok bomber
05-12-01, 11:09 PM
cman,
Where in the hudson valley did you live? I live in the hudson valley area near poughkeepsie. Anyway welcome