PDA

View Full Version : How did your NFL team do in the draft?

Lefty Gomez
04-23-01, 08:27 PM
My Philadelphia Eagles picked up WR Freddie Mitchell (UCLA) in the first round, a receiver being our top priority going into the draft. Our receivers were less than exemplary :rolleyes: last season and Mitchell should step in and make his mark immediately. He's got a fighting attitude and doesn't mind going into traffic to make the play. Plus he's got those oh-so-soft hands. We needed someone who can burn Sehorn (sorry Giants fans :D ) bigtime so we can takeover the NFC East next year.

We also got a very good OLB in Quinton Caver, and a pretty good RB ( a kid by the last name of Buckhalter) who looks like he can run through a wall.

A couple of our other picks were a bit shake-n-bake, but overall not a bad draft.

How did your team fare?

allybear
04-24-01, 10:43 AM
As a Jets fan and a University of Miami fan, I am totally happy that we took Santana Moss. I wish he was a little taller, but heck, the "Smurfs" did OK for the Dolphins in their day, so I'm not overly worried, and Moss plays a lot bigger than 5'9"!

Keep smiling, Jets fans...:)

YanksNoHitter96
05-03-01, 04:41 AM
Ive been a giants fan ever since i knew what a football was and Im pretty pleased with the results of the draft.Will Allen is going to make a great corner someday(Im just glad there wasn't another 260 pound benchwarmer drafter in the first round). If they can get back to the super bowl(ultra optimism here), then they did well.

KLJ
05-03-01, 11:41 AM
my team did about as well as they always do since jj left.. they sucked.. i don't know what the cowboys were thinking.. it looks like a 2-14 season with the only two wins coming against the redskins..

Winger03
05-03-01, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by KLJ
my team did about as well as they always do since jj left.. they sucked.. i don't know what the cowboys were thinking.. it looks like a 2-14 season with the only two wins coming against the redskins..

Hey KLJ: If you go to the Skins / Boys game this year at Fed Ex, lemme know. I have season tix, and we do the whole tailgate thing. You and your crew are invited.

2JAY
05-03-01, 09:04 PM
I don't think that the Cowboys even had a draft. It looks like another long year for my Cowboys.