PDA

View Full Version : Finally, My Intro..............

NetShrine.com
04-22-01, 06:16 PM
Being that this is my 330th post, I guess the intro is overdue, no? Nonetheless, since I never took care of this, and I hate loose ends, what the hey..............

My name is Steve, 'tho many here call me Net - which is cool too. Through the years, I've had many nicknames - some good, some bad, some absolutely nonsensical - - so, I could do a lot worse than Net.

What's NetShrine.com? Just a baseball site that I felt like doing one day - - people seem to like it, which is nice. Check it out some day - - we have a forum there too (among other things).

I've been a Yankee fan since the summer of 1973. Diehard. Never really realized it until I began to notice that people would always think "Yankees" first when thinking of me - and vice versa. It's in the family - Dad's a fan, as was his. Dunno about great-grandpa, but, he probably was too.

I lived in NY (SI actually) for 37 years before coming over to NJ last year. Best move I ever made - love NJ, for sure. No knock on NY - - just that this is a better fit for me and mine.

I have season tickets this year - first time ever - which is a treat (having the same seat each time I go). I expect to get to about 20+ games this year - - which would be a new high for me.

Bronx-Bombers.com is a wonderful site - as are all it's members. Already got to meet Jim F. and Chris Cary - and, I'm sure more chances will come to meet others.

Enough rambling - - go have fun on a god thread. And, maybe, someday, check out NetShrine.com - drop me a note from there and let me know what you think - - feedback makes it all worth while.

Go Yanks!

Butnud
04-22-01, 07:51 PM
And don't forget the King. I rock this place. I love it even more!

NetShrine.com
04-22-01, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Butnud
And don't forget the King. I rock this place.

At 2600+ posts, yes, you do! U-da-man.

Eddie160
04-23-01, 08:24 PM
well Net I must say I think you sight is impressive.(though I just took a brief look at it when I first arrived here (about the same time.) all of the things you said about bb.com are so true and I must add that this site is for the the hardest of the hard core yankee fan. anyway welcome although you have been here longer than me it seems.

NetShrine.com
04-23-01, 08:31 PM
Thanks Eddie - - we recently "re-did" the NetShrine layout - so, if it's been a while, it may be worth you checking it out again - - let us know what you think

Jim F.
04-23-01, 08:46 PM
Hey Steve, I said you could have one plug :lol:

j/k :)

-jim

JeanC
04-24-01, 02:43 AM
Welcome Netshrine Its Been A Pleasure Seeing You Post 330 times!!!! :lol:

Enjoyed them All.

:D

NetShrine.com
04-24-01, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Jim F.
Hey Steve, I said you could have one plug :lol:j/k :)
-jim

Careful Jim - someone might take that the wrong way! :lol:
j/k - myself too.
OK, 'nuff about my stupid site...............

Jean C. - thanks! Ditto, right back @ ya.

DWathome
04-24-01, 07:14 AM
Welcome Steve
I enjoyed your intro as well as your posts. Welcome to NJ I live in Northern Bergen county and it really is a nice area, getting crowded but Jersey sometimes gets a bad rap. I'm going to this Fridays Oakland game my seats are in sec 306 over by the right field pole if you have tics for that game come over for a beer.

NetShrine.com
04-24-01, 12:46 PM
Thanks DW! Won't be there Friday - maybe another time. Thanks for the offer 'tho.

allybear
04-24-01, 04:17 PM
Hi Net/Steve! Officially welcome aboard - pleasure having you here, and I will go check out your site soon!

Keep smiling and welcome...:)

NetShrine.com
04-24-01, 05:40 PM
Thanks Ally!

Shel
04-27-01, 07:12 PM
Welcome, Net! I want to thoroughly check out your site, but frankly, I'm afraid to do so...the last thing I need is to add yet another message board to my list of favorites! ;) :D

NetShrine.com
04-27-01, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Shel
Welcome, Net! I want to thoroughly check out your site, but frankly, I'm afraid to do so...the last thing I need is to add yet another message board to my list of favorites! ;) :D

Thanks Shel!
Don't worry, if you get hooked, we have a patch to help get you un-hooked <-----but, only if you want to!

Shel
04-27-01, 07:24 PM
:D

patrick.o
05-10-01, 09:20 PM
Mr. Shrine, you've been a great addition to this site. :)

NetShrine.com
05-10-01, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by patrick.o
Mr. Shrine, you've been a great addition to this site. :)

Wow, thanks!