PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Charlie Ward

CJM
04-22-01, 08:41 AM
http://nydailynews.com/2001-04-21/News_and_Views/City_Beat/a-108198.asp

SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Danmel
04-22-01, 02:42 PM
I know I'm offended-but most of the NBA players are miscreants who'd be in prison if they weren't in the NBA.

Slippery Elm
04-22-01, 10:14 PM
That's probably true.

BTW, note the double standard: John Rocker is supposedly Satan, but these guys will get a pass.

Oh yes, just because the Jewish High Court in Jerusalem wanted Christ dead doesn't mean all "Jews" did. Wake up, Charlie.

Ansky39
04-23-01, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Danmel
I know I'm offended-but most of the NBA players are miscreants who'd be in prison if they weren't in the NBA.

interesting...

Ansky39
04-23-01, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by CJM
http://nydailynews.com/2001-04-21/News_and_Views/City_Beat/a-108198.asp

SHUT UP AND PLAY!

ditto...

charlie's a jackass... i could care less what the hell he believes about anything, just get the job you're getting paid lucratively for... i swear these religious fanatics... they swear up and down by their bullsiht religion... likie you don't belive their line of bull you're doomed to hell.. but let's ask charlie what about that little rarely invoked clause from that book, he loves quotingt so much... you know, the one about it's harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of god than it is for a camel to enter the eye of a needle... i wonder if charlie the jewbashing christian fanatic is willing to donate all the dough he's bilking my team for to the poor and needy in this city instead of living the good life of an incredibly well paid nba backup pointguard... you gonna talk it you better walk it charlie... keep your bullsiht beliefs to yourself...

orangemom
04-23-01, 10:42 AM
I am very disappointed by Charlie's comments. People are people. You can no more villify someone because of their religion than you can because of the color of their skin. It's disgusting. Just when you think the world is becoming almost too politically correct someone like Charlie or John Rocker comes out with assinine comments like this, and you realize that we still have a long, long way to go. He should shut up and play ball, and remember one other thing, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Up-State
04-23-01, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Danmel

I'm not really sure what you meant by this but It could be interpreted in a not so good way...if you know what I mean.

So take a lesson from Ward and remove your foot from your mouth! &po'd&

Nome
04-24-01, 01:34 PM
Charlie spent all his waking moments playing basketball and almost none learning about life. The same is true for all NBA players and almost all the participants in ML sports. HOW VERY SAD. It is why so many become victums of addictions and banckruptcy. They never learned how to live in the real world.

Danmel
04-24-01, 02:52 PM
CJM-
I didn't mean it that way and I'm sorry if that's the way it came off-but alot of these guys are pretty unsavory-Iverson, Barkley, Spreewell, and now Ward- I don't think they make great role models even though they protest that they're not role models, they are to kids and that's not the kind of behavior I want my kids to emulate. Again, I didn't mean to insult anyone and I apologize if I did.

Superunknown
04-28-01, 02:10 PM
Here we have the latest victim of Celebrity Syndrome. Why is it that people who are in the public eye for playing a sport, reading lines off a script, or performing in a band, suffer from the delusion that the rest of us are eager to hear their Deep Thoughts? I agree: SHUT UP AND PLAY!

DandyRandy48
04-28-01, 06:29 PM
Dammit, Charlie. Charlie needs to get some facts straight. For one, the first Christians WERE JEWS!!! All the Apostles were Jews.

Wake up, Charlie