PDA

View Full Version : Worst fear in the playoffs?

Buckeye Yank
12-21-04, 09:00 AM
If you're a fan of one of the teams going to the playoffs, which team scares you the most? For me, I think it's Indy. I'm not saying the Pats or Jets stink or anything like that (I feel quite the opposite actually). But what scares me about Indy is how well Manning has been playing lately...for the most part. That coupled with the fact we (Steelers) haven't faced them yet.

FreeYayo
12-21-04, 09:05 AM
My biggest fear is that Ty Law wont be 100%. Or the Brady will turn into Bledsoe for another game.
My second biggest fear is playing against the Colts without Ty Law at 100%
With a 100% healthy Pats team though, there is no one I fear.

dabomb2045
12-21-04, 09:18 AM
as a Jets fan....the only team I fear is Indy

maybe we can beat NE and Pitt in their stadiums...maybe we cant....we know we can play with them....we were a few plays away from winning both of those games...I respect both of those teams alot but I dont fear them

but Im scared at the possibility of having to face the Colts in the WC round....on the turf in their dome....that offense is almost unstoppable especially in the dome....the Jets weakness is stopping the passing game...and I dont see anyway our secondary can matchup with Harrison-Stokley-Wayne....Im afraid of losing a 41-31 type game....

Buckeye Yank
12-21-04, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by FreeYayo

How do you think I feel? My Steelers are decimated with injuries!

KP88
12-21-04, 09:43 AM
Pittsburgh in January, which now looks like how its going to go down.

Peyton Manning will never scare me, until I see him win a playoff game against a great defense. What he did last year against Denver and KC was a joke.

RIyankee
12-21-04, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by FreeYayo
My biggest fear is that Ty Law wont be 100%. Or the Brady will turn into Bledsoe for another game.
My second biggest fear is playing against the Colts without Ty Law at 100%

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=59856

When Law stepped up his workload at the beginning of last week, he held out hope of playing last night against Miami, and he was upgraded on the injury report from out to doubtful. But word is that when Law started cutting and doing heavy running drills, his foot did not respond well.

Be afraid, be very afraid. :eek:

RIyankee
12-21-04, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye Yank
How do you think I feel? My Steelers are decimated with injuries!

The Steelers have a deeper team. The Pats have been hit with injuries at their thinnest position - CB. It's part of the game and I accept it. The Pats will have to address this area in the offseason. W/o Law, the Pats won't beat the Steelers, especially in Pittsburgh (if they get that far).

YanksForLife
12-21-04, 11:40 AM
As a Jets fan my biggest fear is Paul Hackett. We have the defense to play with NE and Pitt but we need to be able to put up more than 7 points on offense.

Soriambi
12-21-04, 11:53 AM
I think that the Jets can beat anyone in the playoffs, but I am worried about Pittsburgh and Indy more than anyone else. If it was Pittsburgh at Giants Stadium I would be more confident, or even Indy at Giants Stadium, but playing either of those teams on the road at any point worries me. Obviously, I'd rather not have to play the Patriots, either, as although they're beatable you need to play a near perfect game, but I don't fear them as much as the previous two.

I'm not worried about any team that's a #6 seed because that would mean that if the Jets get the #5 seed, they're facing them in the AFC Championship Game at home, and while I'd love to see it, it's unlikely. I'm not as worried about San Diego, but I can definately see them beating the Jets. In the playoffs, it's all a crapshoot. I can see the Jets beating everyone, or I could see them losing in the first round.Who knows?

SoCal Pinstriper
12-21-04, 12:45 PM
I guess the upside of my team (Broncos) not going to the playoffs is that I have no playoff fear. :mad: :( :)

Buckeye Yank
12-21-04, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Socal Pinstriper
I guess the upside of my team (Broncos) not going to the playoffs is that I have no playoff fear. :mad: :( :)

But SC, I can tell you based on first-hand knowledge, they have INCREDIBLY hot cheerleaders!!!! :ga-ga:

FreeYayo
12-21-04, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by RIyankee
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=59856

When Law stepped up his workload at the beginning of last week, he held out hope of playing last night against Miami, and he was upgraded on the injury report from out to doubtful. But word is that when Law started cutting and doing heavy running drills, his foot did not respond well.

Be afraid, be very afraid. :eek:

The soreness should be greatly lessened by the time the playoffs roll around. Its probably just the soft tissue around the bone that was irritated when the bone was broken.

It's tough to put that much strain on the area a couple of weeks out of a cast.

CyYoung4Vazquez
12-21-04, 02:00 PM
I think you should all fear the Buffalo Bills....(crossing my fingers they snag the last spot)

Buckeye Yank
12-21-04, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by CyYoung4Vazquez
I think you should all fear the Buffalo Bills....(crossing my fingers they snag the last spot)

But at least the Steelers get to play them before the playoffs.

GHRuth3
12-21-04, 03:17 PM
My biggest fear is Big Ben Roethlisberger showing his rookie stripes against the Pats. the colts also scare me but i dont think they can come in here and beat us(steelers). *Prays for snow* lol

JeffWeaverFan
12-21-04, 03:39 PM
As a Jet fan, my biggest fear is playing the Steelers in Pittsburgh. We never play well there and I don't see it starting in the playoffs. Also, Indy in the dome is scary but I still think we can beat them.

PattiLuvsPinstripes
12-21-04, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by RIyankee

Be afraid, be very afraid. :eek: [/B]

Ha Ha:lol:

Go Steelers, Go Colts, we have no fear.

PinstripePride
12-22-04, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by YanksForLife
Paul Hackett.

Well said. Sunday was a good sign, though.

IncredibleByNature
12-22-04, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by KP88

Peyton Manning will never scare me, until I see him win a playoff game against a great defense. What he did last year against Denver and KC was a joke.

A joke, right. :rolleyes:

Amazing how little to no credit this guy gets.

I'd like to see how Brady would do if he had to face his own defense, or a defense almost as good. I'm sure he'd do a stellar job. :rolleyes:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
12-22-04, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Socal Pinstriper

Yeah, tell me about it. No Cowboys (most likely... heh... :( ), and a big chance there won't even be the Broncos as consolation.

My fear is anyone but Indy, Carolina, Jacksonville, or SD winning it all (or even Buffalo, if they make it in)--I'll still watch every game, but this is the worst mix of playoff teams I've ever experienced, I seriously dislike to REALLY REALLY despise all the rest who are in position to go right now. The other teams can bite me, ESPECIALLY Philly, Green Bay, Atlanta, Minnesota, St. Louis (if they make it), and Pittsburgh.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
12-22-04, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by IncredibleByNature

I wouldn't quite go that far. Everyone and their mother, especially among the football analysts, seems to be in agreement that he's finishing up one of the greatest seasons ever by a QB and is probably on-track to end up one of the greatest QBs of all time.

Buckeye Yank
12-22-04, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35
The other teams can bite me, ESPECIALLY...... Pittsburgh.

Awwwwww..............Nat. :( But you'd look so cute in a black and gold jersey! ;)

KP88
12-22-04, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by IncredibleByNature
A joke, right. :rolleyes:

I'd like to see how Brady would do if he had to face his own defense, or a defense almost as good. I'm sure he'd do a stellar job. :rolleyes:

Brady did a pretty good job against the Carolina defense in last years' Super Bowl, a defense widely acknowledged as the toughest in the league at the time. I think Tom won a Caddy Escalade for that performance.

History remembers Super Bowls. Marino was one of the games greatest ever quarterbacks. The one knock on him is that he never won a Super Bowl, and thats the road Peyton is travelling now.

Peyton will earn my respect when he defeats a good defense in the playoffs, if not in the Super Bowl.

dabomb2045
12-23-04, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by KP88
Brady did a pretty good job against the Carolina defense in last years' Super Bowl, a defense widely acknowledged as the toughest in the league at the time. I think Tom won a Caddy Escalade for that performance.

History remembers Super Bowls. Marino was one of the games greatest ever quarterbacks. The one knock on him is that he never won a Super Bowl, and thats the road Peyton is travelling now.

Peyton will earn my respect when he defeats a good defense in the playoffs, if not in the Super Bowl.

I hate when people blame 1 person for his team not winning a championship....it happens in all sports...(in NY Ewing was a good example of this)....but its a TEAM game....Brady is a excellent QB....but the reason why his team wins its because his team is very good and its very well-rounded....the Colts are one-dimensional...if Peyton doesnt have a A++ game everytime out his team will lose because his defense blows and his team isnt well-rounded

twentyquestions
12-23-04, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by dabomb2045
I hate when people blame 1 person for his team not winning a championship....it happens in all sports...(in NY Ewing was a good example of this)....but its a TEAM game....Brady is a excellent QB....but the reason why his team wins its because his team is very good and its very well-rounded....the Colts are one-dimensional...if Peyton doesnt have a A++ game everytime out his team will lose because his defense blows and his team isnt well-rounded

It's a strange phenomenon and belongs to that realm of "common wisdom" circulating among casual fans. Casual fans will condemn Marino and Nomar for not having rings, unfortunately never comprehending the concept that professional sports are team-oriented.