PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Chargers--AFC West Champions!!!!

NJ Fan
12-19-04, 03:48 PM
Sorry---had to celebrate a bit! :D

From worst to first! I'm SUPERCHARGED!!!!

yankeesfaninaz
12-19-04, 03:52 PM
Congrats to the Chargers but go Jets

JDPNYY
12-19-04, 04:01 PM
Congratulations to the Chargers. Boy, that Dan Fouts is some kinda quarterback. Good luck along the way Danny.

NJ Fan
12-19-04, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by yankeesfaninaz
Congrats to the Chargers but go Jets

Thanks, Tracy. Luckily, no tiebreaker is needed now between the two teams. I was worried for a bit.

NJ Fan
12-19-04, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by JDPNYY
Congratulations to the Chargers. Boy, that Dan Fouts is some kinda quarterback. Good luck along the way Danny.

John-

Brees is not Fouts but I'll keep him! :D Tomorrow, the Red Cross is coming to pick up bags of old clothes & toys I'm donating, and I did get a little teary-eyed as I saw my (very small) old #14 Jersey in the bag. :(

BroadwayBomber55
12-19-04, 04:25 PM
Congrats to the San Diego...Super Chargers.

From 4-12 to 11-3. AFC West Champs. First postseason since 1995-96.

BroadwayBomber55
12-19-04, 04:27 PM
The Chargers improved defensively, LaDainian Tomlinson had another solid, productive year, and Drew Brees suprised everybody with his play.

NJ Fan
12-19-04, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by BroadwayBomber55
Congrats to the San Diego...Super Chargers.

From 4-12 to 11-3. AFC West Champs. First postseason since 1995-96.

And....today was their first shutout since 1993!

NJ Fan
12-19-04, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by BroadwayBomber55
The Chargers improved defensively, LaDainian Tomlinson had another solid, productive year, and Drew Brees suprised everybody with his play.

Yes, I don't know anyone who isn't surprised...including Bolts fans.
:)

Special thanks to Eli Manning! ;) Without him refusing to play for them, there wouldn't be Rivers holding-out, so we wouldn't have known how good Brees could be. Oh, and thanks for the extra pick next year!

BroadwayBomber55
12-19-04, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by NJ Fan
And....today was their first shutout since 1993!

First AFC West Division Title since 1994.

NYYFAN
12-19-04, 05:05 PM
Congrats Julie...and with the Giants #1 pick next year your future is bright...

NJ Fan
12-19-04, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN
Congrats Julie...and with the Giants #1 pick next year your future is bright...

Thanks, Mark!

I was going to write you a PM but I knew you haven't been feeling well.
I hope you'll be better soon so I can start making fun of your team again! :D

Thanks for the Congrats!

Soriambi
12-19-04, 08:26 PM
Congrats to the Chargers. Hopefully the Jets get them in the first round and knock them out, but congrats anyway. ;) :D

NJ Fan
12-19-04, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Soriambi
Congrats to the Chargers. Hopefully the Jets get them in the first round and knock them out, but congrats anyway. ;) :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again....these are NOT the same Chargers the Jets saw in week #2! (which was far from a blowout....and Brees had a concussion and missed the 4th quarter.) The Chargers have not had many turnovers since you saw them way back in September.

Be careful what you wish for. ;)

NYYFAN
12-20-04, 08:35 AM
Thanks, Mark!

I was going to write you a PM but I knew you haven't been feeling well.
I hope you'll be better soon so I can start making fun of your team again! :D

Thanks for the Congrats!

Damn it the Raiders are ruining the NFL draft by winning...:D

dabomb2045
12-20-04, 08:42 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again....these are NOT the same Chargers the Jets saw in week #2! (which was far from a blowout....and Brees had a concussion and missed the 4th quarter.) The Chargers have not had many turnovers since you saw them way back in September.

Be careful what you wish for. ;)

as a Jets fan....there is no doubt that I would rather play SD in the wild-card round....no doubt they are better...but I want NO part of having to try to shutdown the Colts offense...on the fast turf in their dome

I think we would win in SD....I give the Jets little to no chance of winning in Indy

NJ Fan
12-20-04, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by NYYFAN
Damn it the Raiders are ruining the NFL draft by winning...:D

Yeah, they can't even do that right! :evil:

I hope today is a better day for you, Mark!

NYYFAN
12-20-04, 08:57 AM
Yeah, they can't even do that right! :evil:

I hope today is a better day for you, Mark!

Thanks!

NJ Fan
12-20-04, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by dabomb2045
as a Jets fan....there is no doubt that I would rather play SD in the wild-card round....no doubt they are better...but I want NO part of having to try to shutdown the Colts offense...on the fast turf in their dome

I think we would win in SD....I give the Jets little to no chance of winning in Indy

Well, if it's a choice between the two teams, sure you'd rather the Jets TRY to beat the Chargers, rather than the Colts. Bolts fans would much rather play the Jets too. We'll see how they do in Indy on Sunday! Maybe they can stop the record from being broken! ;)