PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Before Dawn

Jen!!!
04-19-01, 08:16 AM
This Saturday night HBO is televising LIVE the Lennox Lewis-Hasim Rahman fight from Johannesburg, Sorth Africa. They're actually boxing at about 5 a.m., talk about a wake-up call.
This should be a fantastic fight and I believe that Lewis, with his 20 to 1 pay-off, is going to get the spoils. His advantage over Rahman is his experience, because their winning percentage is about the same at 95%, and while Rahman's got a higher KO %, this is his first championship fight.
I just read an article where they likened this fight to a baseball game, saying that Lewis is going to be both the DH and the pitcher, while Rahman will do nothing but catch. Heh heh heh...I know I'll be thinking of Clemens and Piazza. :lol:

luckystrike
04-19-01, 03:45 PM
maybe Lewis will get upset and throw his boxing gloves at Rahman....
are you waking up to watch the fight?

Jen!!!
04-19-01, 03:51 PM
Lucky, the fight is on at 10 p.m., EST...they're fighting at 5 a.m. in Africa so we can have a Saturday Night Fight...that's very thoughtful of them. :) I hope I'm still awake at 10 on a Saturday night! Jeez, I'm not that old! :lol:

Winger03
04-19-01, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Jen!!!
I hope I'm still awake at 10 on a Saturday night! Jeez, I'm not that old! :lol:

Yeah, but you are from slowhio :D:D:D

Jen!!!
04-20-01, 06:17 AM
Winger, believe me when I say, I need no reminder of this handicap! :lol: ;) They roll up the sidewalks around here at 4 p.m. on the weekends. :rolleyes: 10 p.m. on a Saturday is usually my afternoon. :D

luckystrike
04-20-01, 08:44 AM
duh jen...i wasn't even thinking about the time difference...i think the baby is stealing some of my brain cells...