PDA

View Full Version : The Official Giants analysis thread

Kulish29
11-28-04, 08:54 PM
I dont know what to say. This team is the most frustrating thing to watch EVER. Go 4-1 to start the season, then completely crap out the towards the end. This has to be what it feels like to be a Red Sox fan, pre 2004 WS Championship.

I pray to god that this team wins a Superbowl before I die. Thankfully I'm only 22.

Anyways, this team needs a lot of work. Jamar Taylor was a great pick by Accorsi. He's not even 100% healthy right now, but after today's performance, I like what I see. Eli made rookie mistakes and also played against the best team in the NFC today. Cant really fault him for anything except that awful interception in the endzone. He will be great for years to come once he gets experience. Tiki was Tiki today. Another 100+ yard game. He will finally get to the Pro Bowl this year.

Now, why is it that this team plays great in the first quarter and then plays like ................ the rest of the game. The D was ok in this game. But it needs help. Unfortunately they only have 4 draft picks this year.

Anything else anyone can think of?

BroadwayBomber55
11-28-04, 09:02 PM
yeah, what if the Giants beat the Cardinals and Bears instead of playin' dead against them?

Kulish29
11-28-04, 09:29 PM
The Giants need to address four things this offseasn.

1. O-Line
2. WR's
3. Defense
4. Kicker

1.) The O-Line is the most obvious glaring need. Luckily there will be a bunch of good O-Lineman in the 2nd round when the Giants pick in the 2nd round.

2.) Wide Reciever can be addresed either through Free Agency or the Draft. There should be some good recievers available in the 2nd round when the Giants get to pick, but I'd rather use that pick on an O-Lineman.

3.)The D has done OK this season. Despite the loss of Strahan and Washington they have played up to and maybe even past their potential. Umenyiora was a steal pick a couple of years ago. He's done very well this season with Mike on the line and filled in admirably in Mikes role while he's been gone. Gibril Wilson was another steal. He's deffinetly been missed these past 2 games. There needs to be some work done in this area. More than likely it will be addressed by Free Agency.

4.) Kicker has been a position on the Giants that has been just ok to bad for, well, EVER! Christie has done an ok job this year. But I would love for them to have a kicker that is dependable so I dont have to bite might nails on every long FG attempt. The kicker on the Ohio State Buckeyes would be a sweet pickup if he were available later in the draft.

IntangiblesRule
11-28-04, 10:48 PM
The problem with the defense right now is the fact that they have been decimated with injuries so there is no depth. When Wiley and Hand went down today you're talking about playing with bare bones up front and they are going to wear down.

Chris Snee should not be overlooked either, he is tough and will be a very solid lineman for us for a long time. The first priority is to upgrade the line with big pass protector types to give Eli time to scan the field,

JeffWeaverFan
11-29-04, 12:27 AM
I think I started a trend.:D

RIyankee
11-29-04, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Kulish29
The Giants need to address four things this offseasn.

1. O-Line
2. WR's
3. Defense
4. Kicker

1.) The O-Line is the most obvious glaring need. Luckily there will be a bunch of good O-Lineman in the 2nd round when the Giants pick in the 2nd round.

2.) Wide Reciever can be addresed either through Free Agency or the Draft. There should be some good recievers available in the 2nd round when the Giants get to pick, but I'd rather use that pick on an O-Lineman.

3.)The D has done OK this season. Despite the loss of Strahan and Washington they have played up to and maybe even past their potential. Umenyiora was a steal pick a couple of years ago. He's done very well this season with Mike on the line and filled in admirably in Mikes role while he's been gone. Gibril Wilson was another steal. He's deffinetly been missed these past 2 games. There needs to be some work done in this area. More than likely it will be addressed by Free Agency.

4.) Kicker has been a position on the Giants that has been just ok to bad for, well, EVER! Christie has done an ok job this year. But I would love for them to have a kicker that is dependable so I dont have to bite might nails on every long FG attempt. The kicker on the Ohio State Buckeyes would be a sweet pickup if he were available later in the draft.

The saddest part is that the Giants are playing for a higher 2nd round pick. I said this back in April, there was no reason to give up two 1st rounders to SD in that deal. Accorsi is not a good GM.

Kulish29
11-29-04, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by RIyankee

The saddest part is that the Giants are playing for a higher 2nd round pick. I said this back in April, there was no reason to give up two 1st rounders to SD in that deal. Accorsi is not a good GM.

We only gave up this years first round pick and fifth round pick. Last years first was used to pick Rivers. It will pay dividends in the future. It was worth it for Eli.

TyWebb
11-29-04, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by RIyankee

One positive aspect of not having a first round pick in next year's draft is the money they will save by not having to give "high first round" money to a rookie. They can use that money to sign an experienced O-lineman.