PDA

View Full Version : captain CRUNCH rules...

Ansky39
04-18-01, 02:46 PM
...i still eat it even though i stopped drinking milk back in '89... and now i got another reason to like it...

http://www.nypost.com/tsn/localteams/devils.htm

http://www.nypost.com/tsn/localteams/devils.htm

i'm no devils fan, but i don't HATE them like i do the rangers...

but since the demise of the isles, i've generally followed the playoffs w/ scant interest... sorta like watching the baseball playoffs in the 80's...

but i like how this guy stevens plays the game... he talks it, but he walks it too... kinda reminds me of LT...

b-ball-lunachick
04-21-01, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Ansky39
...i still eat it even though i stopped drinking milk back in '89... and now i got another reason to like it...

but i like how this guy stevens plays the game... he talks it, but he walks it too... kinda reminds me of LT...

LOL, Ansky....I am not a cereal fan but the only one I can stomach is Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch!! :D

I've been a Devils fan since they moved the franchise to Jersey (loved that there was a true NJ team I guess) and I would stand on the front row folding chairs asking for pucks during practice...I had quite a little collection going there...but my all-time favorite hockey player is Scott Stevens!!

To me he is the epitome of a leader, and as you said always walks the walk -- as bone-crushing as his hits are, they are legal...and he plays hard, ALL the time!! As for this 11 seconds left controversy, his answer was simple:

"The game is never over. I don't care how much time was left," Stevens shot back when asked if the hit was necessary in a game where the outcome was already decided.

"I don't care when it is. I finish my checks right to the end. It doesn't matter if it's the regular season or the playoffs," Stevens said. "If there were only 11 seconds left, maybe we should have called the game right there and forgot about playing the rest, I guess."

Gotta love that guy!! :lol:

Now, if the Devils could just close this dang series out already...

Ansky39
04-23-01, 09:47 AM
1 down luna... got some friends from toronto... think i may just inve$t a little in your devils for the next round...

b-ball-lunachick
04-23-01, 11:14 AM
LOL, Ansky....Good bet! Even though they let the Canes back in the series, I was never worried...and even though Toronto's rested, the Devils will win that series -- I say in 6! Nothing like a team based in New Jersey to beat a Canadian team at their beloved sport!! :D

Now, if we could just keep the Blue Jays from winning at America's pastime this year....;)