PDA

View Full Version : The NFL: Week 10

RIyankee
11-12-04, 12:24 PM
WEEK 10

Sunday, Nov. 14

Baltimore at N.Y. Jets, 1:00 p.m.
The Jets are in danger of losing 3 of their last 4 games. Expect Baltimore to stack the line against Curtis Martin.
Ravens 16-13

Chicago at Tennessee, 1:00 p.m.
The Bears will not win back-to-back road games. The Titans will not be as careless with the football as Chicago's last opponent.
Titans 24-3

Detroit at Jacksonville, 1:00 p.m.
This is where the Lions start to show some consistency.
Jaguars 23-13

Houston at Indianapolis, 1:00 p.m.
This is the third straight week the Colts have played a high-scoring opponent. It won't be high enough.
Colts 41-24

Kansas City at New Orleans, 1:00 p.m.
The Saints are headed for some major offseason changes.
Chiefs 38-31

Pittsburgh at Cleveland, 1:00 p.m.
This is a trap game for the Steelers.
Steelers 31-27

Seattle at St. Louis, 1:00 p.m.
The seat temperature will rise several degrees for Mike Martz.
Seahawks 27-23

Tampa Bay at Atlanta, 1:00 p.m.
The Falcons had better be prepared. Jon Gruden has done an admirable job getting his boys back into contention.
Buccaneers 20-17

Cincinnati at Washington, 4:05 p.m.
The Bengals can't stop the run. That's good news for the Skins who can't throw the ball.
Redskins 17-7

Carolina at San Francisco, 4:15 p.m.
Do the Niners have a pulse? We're about to find out.
Panthers 20-14

Minnesota at Green Bay, 4:15 p.m.
Yes, it looks like 2003 all over again. But I'm not sold on the Packers. If Moss plays, there's going to be plenty of upset people at Lambeau Field.
Vikings 31-21

N.Y. Giants at Arizona, 4:15 p.m.
This game is the Giants season. It's essentially a playoff game for them.
Giants 17-14

Buffalo at New England, 8:30 p.m.
The Bills will play hard but so will the Pats.
Patriots 27-17

Monday, Nov. 15

Philadelphia at Dallas, 9:00 p.m.
Both teams don't impress me. This is a transiton year for Dallas and the Eagles aren't as good as their 7-1 record indicates.
Eagles 20-10

Open date: Denver, Miami, Oakland, San Diego

NYYFAN
11-12-04, 01:51 PM
Hope you do better this week...:lol:

JeffWeaverFan
11-12-04, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by RIyankee
WEEK 10

Sunday, Nov. 14

Baltimore at N.Y. Jets, 1:00 p.m.
The Jets are in danger of losing 3 of their last 4 games. Expect Baltimore to stack the line against Curtis Martin.
Ravens 16-13
I can't blame you for picking the Ravens but I think the Jets will take this one. The Jets will also stack the line to stop Jamal Lewis and Kyle Boller is an atrocious QB. Quincy can get the job done and can also use his legs. The Jets will win because they are at home.

Tampa Bay at Atlanta, 1:00 p.m.
The Falcons had better be prepared. Jon Gruden has done an admirable job getting his boys back into contention.
Buccaneers 20-17
Falcons will win this game by at least a TD.

Cincinnati at Washington, 4:05 p.m.
The Bengals can't stop the run. That's good news for the Skins who can't throw the ball.
Redskins 17-7
Bengals will pull out a victory.

Buffalo at New England, 8:30 p.m.
The Bills will play hard but so will the Pats.
Patriots 27-17
Buffalo stops Dillon and Brady throws 2 INT's. Bills win this game 24-16.

RIyankee
11-12-04, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN
Hope you do better this week...:lol:

I started doing this on Week # 8.

WK - 8 (9-5)
WK - 9 (7-7)

If those stupid Jets hadn't to lost to Buffalo, I'd been 8-6 for week 9!!! &po'd& ;)
:lol:

RIyankee
11-12-04, 04:52 PM
Taylor, you're the epitome of consistency. :)

JeffWeaverFan
11-12-04, 05:35 PM
Taylor, you're the epitome of consistency. :)
I'm not a guy that likes change.:) My picks haven't been great regarding the Pats/Jets the last few weeks but I think I've got it down this time!:)

#1PaFan
11-12-04, 06:15 PM
Moss is out. For that, & other reasons, Packers 31 - Viqueens 27. Lot's o' scoring....

NYYFAN
11-12-04, 06:37 PM
All I know is my Raiders wont lose...

RIyankee
11-12-04, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN
All I know is my Raiders wont lose...

They won't win either.

:lol:

RIyankee
11-12-04, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan
Moss is out. For that, & other reasons, Packers 31 - Viqueens 27. Lot's o' scoring....

I still have a feeling the Vikes will win.

reelbiggecko
11-13-04, 12:38 AM
Bears defense is on fire. No way Tennessee drops 24 on them.

Also I like Arizona in the upset over The G-Men, Warner has been just horrible lately. I also like the Packers, the Falcons, and the Lions in the upset of the week. You heard it here first.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-13-04, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by JeffWeaverFan
Quincy can get the job done and can also use his legs. The Jets will win because they are at home.

THIS JUST IN: Quincy Carter is NOT a "running QB." He is a "mobile QB." I repeat: He is NOT a "running QB." I've gone on at length about this already. Don't expect any gains of over 10 yards from him with his legs.

Though I agree that he can get the job done. He runs a terrific play action and has the capability of completing a few passes per game wayyyy downfield (but if he starts bootlegging unplanned out to his right, watch out! :scared: ). Not the worst option at backup around. In fact, you all know I wish he were still starting for MY team.

Lastly, I am really excited about Monday night. There haven't been as many Cowboys games on in these parts as there were last season, and I can't wait to see them "live" instead of having to sit at my computer and GameCast them on Sportsline for 3 hours. Naturally, I picked them to win, like I always do.

#1PaFan
11-14-04, 07:50 PM

I still have a feeling the Vikes will win.

That feeling was just some jock itch. You must be hanging around with some less-than-clean women. :lol:

Packers 34 - PurplePhucks 31

Here's to Irv's boy! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-14-04, 08:34 PM
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: to the Formerly Glorious Dallas #22 for carrying on the work of the Blue Star.

#1PaFan
11-15-04, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by #1PaFan

BTW, I wasn't too far off. :gulp:

GO PACK GO!!!