PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner is TERRIBLE



ZYanksRule
11-07-04, 07:39 PM
The pathetic excuse that is Kurt Warner is unreal. That man is a disgrace to the Giants uniform. I'm not going to see it, but I want to see Manning get some real action next week.

NYYFAN
11-07-04, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by ZYanksRule
The pathetic excuse that is Kurt Warner is unreal. That man is a disgrace to the Giants uniform. I'm not going to see it, but I want to see Manning get some real action next week.

Wait till the weather gets bad...

ZYanksRule
11-07-04, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN


Wait till the weather gets bad...

If we have to wait that long, the season will be over. Kurt cannot get any worse. On those last 4 plays, throw the damn ball. He gets sacked twice, nearly gets sacked again, and throws a ball twice into not single, not double, but TRIPLE coverage!! That's horrible.

FreeYayo
11-07-04, 07:45 PM
Kurt Warner is the Poor mans Drew Bledsoe

ZYanksRule
11-07-04, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by FreeYayo
Kurt Warner is the Poor mans Drew Bledsoe

Bledsoe has talent, Warner does not.

Looie #19
11-07-04, 07:56 PM
Bledsoe has never come close to any season Warner put up before getting hurt.

nahzo
11-07-04, 08:05 PM
Don't get me started. He was overrated when he was at STL and he was overrated when he came to the NYG. The last 2-3 seasons start with some fake glimmer of hope that he will carry a team to the superbowl. Wrong. The guy couldn't find his way out of a wet paper sack, much less manage the pocket. It's over.

ZYanksRule
11-14-04, 07:05 PM
I don't even think I need to update this. He freakin sucks. When you get sacked 39 times during the first 9 games, with time still left, ut's not the OL's fault. Kurt needs to laern how to GET RID OF THE DAMN FOOTBALL.

Unreal. Please, Tom, I beg you, please get Manning in there.

YClipper5
11-14-04, 07:21 PM
I'm begging!!! Pleeeeeeeease let the Eli Manning era begin!!!

Looie #19
11-14-04, 07:40 PM
He's still the best quarterback on the roster.

BroadwayBomber55
11-14-04, 07:46 PM
The NY Giants really need to step up. The Green Bay Packers just won. Outside of possibly the Philadelphia Eagles, the NFC is wide open.

The Giants O Line is pathetic pass blocking wise, and more reliable run blocking.

Kurt Warner needs to get rid of the ball faster. He also has trouble hanging on to the ball with two hands instead of one.

dabomb2045
11-14-04, 07:49 PM
the Giants are done.....might as well put the kid in there and see what he can do....it worked for Pittsburgh

maybe Eli can give the Giants a spark....Warner is finished

PinstripePride
11-14-04, 08:12 PM
Give the kid a shot. Seasons in the ................ter anyway.

wexy
11-14-04, 08:15 PM
Its time for a change.

IntangiblesRule
11-14-04, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by PinstripePride
Give the kid a shot. Seasons in the ................ter anyway.

AT 5-4 in today's NFL saying the season is in the ................ter is a bit of a stretch. If they go 4-3 they rest of the way they are a playoff contender.

That being said, Kurt isn't going to magically stop holding the ball too long so its time for Eli.

PinstripePride
11-14-04, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by IntangiblesRule


AT 5-4 in today's NFL saying the season is in the ................ter is a bit of a stretch. If they go 4-3 they rest of the way they are a playoff contender.


You're right, I but they just lost to Chicago and Arizona. That tells me they are going to have one hell of a time beating even the mediocre teams (Cincy, Dallas) in the final 7 games. Forget about beating Philly, Atlanta, and Pitt.

Plus I'm very negative right now, with both NY teams suddenly sucking.

NJ Fan
11-14-04, 09:07 PM
As a Charger fan.....I hope Eli sucks! I hope he has a terrible career and that his brother & father disown him. :evil: :bad:

dabomb2045
11-14-04, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by NJ Fan
As a Charger fan.....I hope Eli sucks! I hope he has a terrible career and that his brother & father disown him. :evil: :bad:


Brees has turned his career around....you have Rivers waiting in the wings (maybe...what happens if Brees keeps playing like this??)

you have LT....and you may win your division....I dont think Chargers fans have much to complain about these days

dabomb2045
11-14-04, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by IntangiblesRule


AT 5-4 in today's NFL saying the season is in the ................ter is a bit of a stretch. If they go 4-3 they rest of the way they are a playoff contender.

That being said, Kurt isn't going to magically stop holding the ball too long so its time for Eli.

they are done....bad losses to bad teams....no Strahan...Warner gets worse every week

NJ Fan
11-14-04, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by dabomb2045



Brees has turned his career around....you have Rivers waiting in the wings (maybe...what happens if Brees keeps playing like this??)

you have LT....and you may win your division....I dont think Chargers fans have much to complain about these days

Ah---I know all that but a lot of Charger fans are still bitter that he dissed the Bolts. ;)

JeffWeaverFan
11-14-04, 10:27 PM
We are all in some pain this Sunday.:(

I didn't watch the Giants game but you might as well give Eli a shot now.

ZYanksRule
11-14-04, 10:45 PM
It is time for Manning to take over. It really is. Warner is starting to royally suck, and he cannot make good decisions to save his life. Next week, I want to be hearing "Manning to Shockey, Touchdown, Giants!!"

It is TIME

Kulish29
11-14-04, 10:57 PM
It's ................ing rediculous how much Warner sucks. I cant stand to watch him anymore. He is AWFUL!

Being at the game and watching him suck live sucked even worse.

Kulish29
11-14-04, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Looie #19
He's still the best quarterback on the roster.

I hope you're not talking about Kurt Warner. Jesse Palmer could come in and do a better job than that bum. Hell, the Giants would probably have the same record, or better, now if they had started Eli from the beggining.

rock
11-15-04, 12:16 AM
I'm sick of all the sacks and fumbles. It is time for Eli to start!

Looie #19
11-15-04, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Kulish29


I hope you're not talking about Kurt Warner. Jesse Palmer could come in and do a better job than that bum. Hell, the Giants would probably have the same record, or better, now if they had started Eli from the beggining.

Why, is Palmer going to bring a better offensive line with him?

It's insanely ridiculous to think that someone with a 59 career passer rating is going to better than what Warner has done this year, or ever. I'd agree that if it were Roethlisberger or even Rivers on the bench that it would be time to give the rookie a shot, Eli isn't going to be the answer now, or anytime soon. Warner is the best QB on the team, and he's undeservedly the whipping boy on what just is looking more and more like a plain ol' lousy team.

ToneinTO
11-15-04, 01:27 PM
Kurt's not that good, but I don't think putting Manning out there to get killed behind that sorry offensive line is the answer. Suppose they bench Kurt, put in Manning, and he gets seriously hurt out there? Then the Giants are really screwed. The most important concern that needs to addressed this offseason is the offensive line.

Hitman
11-15-04, 02:04 PM
Maybe they can use their #1 pick next year for an O-Lineman:P I hope Eli's the answer b/c they sure gave up a lot...

jpao89
11-15-04, 02:42 PM
If you say Curt Warner twenty times really fast, it makes the same sound as the Giants do when the life is being sucked out of them. Seriously, Kurt is just horrible. The OL may be a problem, but Kurt gives them no help whatsoever by holding onto the ball for so damn long. Anyone else notice that the guy refuses to snap the damn ball. The Giants are on hurry up and Kurt comes to the line and hesitates for what seems like forever.

IntangiblesRule
11-15-04, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by ToneinTO
Kurt's not that good, but I don't think putting Manning out there to get killed behind that sorry offensive line is the answer. Suppose they bench Kurt, put in Manning, and he gets seriously hurt out there? Then the Giants are really screwed. The most important concern that needs to addressed this offseason is the offensive line.

One of Kurt's major weaknesses is he holds the ball way too long. If he throws the ball away on two or three occassions instead of taking bad sacks we beat the Bears and the Cards. All the blame shouldn't be put on the O line, if they were that horrible Barber wouldn't be running all over the place.

A lot of the sacks Kurt takes are simply due to standing in the pocket forever holding the ball.

RIyankee
11-15-04, 02:54 PM
I agree Warner is holding onto the ball way too long and is trying to do too much (forcing balls into coverage). That said, in defense of Warner, LT Luke Pettigout has been playing w/ a balky back. Eli might have have a hard time playing behind that O-Line. IMO when you lose back-to-back to the Bears and Cards, you don't make the playoffs. I would hold off using Eli until the final two games of the season: @Cincinnati; DALLAS - two other teams that won't make the playoffs but should be enough for Eli to gain some experience w/o throwing him to the wolves.
JMHO

Looie #19
11-21-04, 04:20 PM
God, did you see how long Warner just held the ball before being sacked on third down? Geez, get him out of there.

CptCrunch
11-21-04, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Looie #19
God, did you see how long Warner just held the ball before being sacked on third down? Geez, get him out of there.

I guess the Giants brought in the wrong guy to tutor Eli :(. On another note, I hate FOX.

Looie #19
11-21-04, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by CptCrunch


I guess the Giants brought in the wrong guy to tutor Eli :(. On another note, I hate FOX.

So you're saying it's Warner's fault Manning got sacked? Interesting.

CptCrunch
11-21-04, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Looie #19


So you're saying it's Warner's fault Manning got sacked? Interesting.

Didn't mean to say that, I'm just frustrated at seeing all the sacks this season. That was a tough situation for Eli because even if he dumped the ball to Tiki to avoid the sack, Tiki probably would've been clocked by the linebacker behind him.

ZYanksRule
11-21-04, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by CptCrunch


Didn't mean to say that, I'm just frustrated at seeing all the sacks this season. That was a tough situation for Eli because even if he dumped the ball to Tiki to avoid the sack, Tiki probably would've been clocked by the linebacker behind him.

That was the ONLY sack in the entire game. He was sacked once. That's fantastic.