PDA

View Full Version : Who Won the Cowboy-Bengal Game???

#1PaFan
11-07-04, 03:09 PM
I realize it's probably a stupid question, considering just how AWESOME the Dallas Cowboys are. How much did the mighty Cowboys win by today? :gulp:

Seth
11-07-04, 03:12 PM
Cincinnati won 26-3.

#1PaFan
11-07-04, 03:12 PM
Wow!!! In the Jets game, Quincy Carter just threw a 51 yard TD pass to Santana Moss!!! Man, I thought that Quincy Carter was still a mighty, mighty Cowboy!?!?! What happened??? :confused:

:gulp:

#1PaFan
11-07-04, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Seth
Cincinnati won 26-3.

:lol: Come on, Seth! Who really won the game? :gulp:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-07-04, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan
Wow!!! In the Jets game, Quincy Carter just threw a 51 yard TD pass to Santana Moss!!! Man, I thought that Quincy Carter was still a mighty, mighty Cowboy!?!?! What happened??? :confused:

:gulp:

Was it on play action? He runs a mean play action. I miss you, Q. :(

#1PaFan
11-07-04, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35

Was it on play action? He runs a mean play action. I miss you, Q. :(

Don't worry Nat! One or two more Arrests and he'll be right back on South America's Team!!! :D :gulp:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-07-04, 07:44 PM
Hey George, since you actually SAW the action (and not just "Pass from Testaverde intended for Witten INTERCEPTED (D. O'Neal)" flashing on a GameCast), can you give me a few HONEST ;) impressions about what happened?

From what I gather, our D was doing really really well...until all the turnovers cutting short our offensive drives forced them to be on the field longer and longer, tiring them out.

Also, whose fault were the 3 picks? Was he getting hurried/hit/rushed at the time he threw them or were they just stupid throws?

Also regarding Vinny, was he 3-hopping sideline passes to the feet of the receivers again like he was in Green Bay? He can't seem to make throws that aren't between the hashmarks.

Thanks a lot. I am very sad.

#1PaFan
11-07-04, 08:04 PM
Hey George, since you actually SAW the action (and not just "Pass from Testaverde intended for Witten INTERCEPTED (D. O'Neal)" flashing on a GameCast), can you give me a few HONEST ;) impressions about what happened?

From what I gather, our D was doing really really well...until all the turnovers cutting short our offensive drives forced them to be on the field longer and longer, tiring them out.

Also, whose fault were the 3 picks? Was he getting hurried/hit/rushed at the time he threw them or were they just stupid throws?

Also regarding Vinny, was he 3-hopping sideline passes to the feet of the receivers again like he was in Green Bay? He can't seem to make throws that aren't between the hashmarks.

Thanks a lot. I am very sad.

Nat, I actually AM sorry for your sadness.

I have the NFL ticket on Directv so I'm like an effin' maniac with my remote. I don't have much to tell you since I wasn't watching too much of the Crackboy game. I DID see that play though and it looked to me like Vinny just made a bad read; plus Deltha made a decent play.

I've NEVER been a Vinny fan but I think he needs to be cut some slack. He just doesn't have too many options at this point. I really wish I could give you a better assessment of his and the 'Boys performance but I really was flipping between games like crazy!!! (If I stay on a commercial for more than five seconds, I have to guzzle 16oz of beer. Believe me, you DON'T want to do that more than six or seven times!!!) :) :gulp:

Stay strong, Nat. You actually make me ease up on that disgusting team!!! :) :smokin:

#1PaFan
11-08-04, 12:21 AM
Ya know, I just still can't believe that a Bill Parcells coached team lost SO VERY CONVINCINGLY!!!! AGAIN!!!!

DAMN, that really, really HAD to hurt for those Cowboy fans, our friends, here on Jim's site.

Hey, to cheer ya up, here's another pic from our trip to Titletown!!!! :D

I just asked Mr. Curly Lambeau where "JJ" was. Mr Lambeau pointed and said "Over There, with the rest of the Losers!!" :lol:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-08-04, 01:38 AM
Ya know, I just still can't believe that a Bill Parcells coached team lost SO VERY CONVINCINGLY!!!! AGAIN!!!!

Believe it or not, and he has even admitted it himself (even if he hadn't, I think it should be obvious to anyone who follows the team closely, starting in the preseason) a lot of the responsibility for this falls squarely on HIS shoulders. Having built up to this pretty much from when the free agency period started until now, I reached the breaking point 2 weeks ago--I no longer have the blind faith in him I had a year ago.

Obviously, injuries have a lot to do with it, but that's not even the half of it, from my perspective.

#1PaFan
11-08-04, 01:54 AM

Believe it or not, and he has even admitted it himself (even if he hadn't, I think it should be obvious to anyone who follows the team closely, starting in the preseason) a lot of the responsibility for this falls squarely on HIS shoulders. Having built up to this pretty much from when the free agency period started until now, I reached the breaking point 2 weeks ago--I no longer have the blind faith in him I had a year ago.

Obviously, injuries have a lot to do with it, but that's not even the half of it, from my perspective.

Two weeks ago, huh? I guess my Packers broke your spirit!!!! :D :lol:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-08-04, 03:03 AM

Two weeks ago, huh? I guess my Packers broke your spirit!!!! :D :lol:

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you? ;) Nah, it was both the play-calling and the pitiful performance from the QB (zero turnovers obviously did not tell the whole story) bouncing passes right and left and throwing others out of bounds that did it.

#1PaFan
11-08-04, 03:42 AM

Nah, it was both the play-calling and the pitiful performance from the QB (zero turnovers obviously did not tell the whole story) bouncing passes right and left and throwing others out of bounds that did it.

Ahhh, the Play Calling!!! Damn Morons!!!!

I always wonder about the Play Calling. All of those coaches! Line coaches. Back coaches. QB coach. AND, all of those analysts and assistant coaches. Coaches on the sideline; coaches in the skyboxes.

WE fans are the ultimate judges!!! Like that 4th & 26 play that the Eagles converted against My Packers last year..... It seemed SO SIMPLE to me to how to contain that ................ing play! DAMN!!!!! Had I BEEN calling the plays......then, I fell and hit my head on a rock. I then got this crazy idea.....The OTHER team has a bunch of coaches too! They have line coaches and offensive & defensive back coaches and they also have coaches in the skyboxes. Plus, they want to win, too! Those Bastards!!!!!

Oh well, what do I know? I'll leave the coaching up to the ZILLIONS of others that know far better than anybody else!!!! ;) Just give me my Beer! :gulp:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-08-04, 03:57 AM

Ahhh, the Play Calling!!! Damn Morons!!!!

:lol: I wasn't talking about SPECIFIC plays, I was talking about the general tendency in all of our losses to abandon the run too early, whether it's working or not (and, in this particular game, it WAS working. Abandoning it in the FIRST QUARTER made zero sense), and the insistence that Vinny keep attempting those out passes that he can't make. After the game in question, Parcells himself admitted that he was basically dumb to abandon the run, and finally corrected it the next game, which they won. The same problem existed last season as well, to a certain extent. Even if he only gains 3 yards per carry on average, that means Eddie George running the ball 25 times a game will get you 75+ yards AND eat up a lot of clock too! The complimentary backs can fill in the rest. Not even that could have helped them today though--Vinny just stunk.

I'm not one to get up in arms over one particular play. What DOES upset me is a faulty general philosophy.

RIyankee
11-08-04, 08:51 AM
Natalie, I feel your pain. :) That said, somebody's got to stick up for you and your 'Boyz...

George, at least the Cowboys have 2 picks in the 2005 NFL Draft. Their own and ... Buffalo's!!! I'll take that over a meaningless postseason appearence. :evil: :lol:

Seriously, I knew Dallas was going to have a tougher time winning games in 2005. Their schedule is tougher than in 2004. Losing games and improving their draft positioning is the best thing that can happen to Dallas right now no matter how aesthetically disagreeable that may seem.

BroadwayBomber55
11-08-04, 10:13 AM
The Bengals beat the Cowboys with their orange uniforms.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-08-04, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by RIyankee
Seriously, I knew Dallas was going to have a tougher time winning games in 2005. Their schedule is tougher than in 2004.
We'll have to agree to disagree here then. No one thought Quincy Carter was the second coming of Troy Aikman, but a lot of people thought, and my brother and I STILL believe, that, entering his 2nd year under the same offense for the first time in his career and having worked hard to become a real student of the game, he was good enough to get us to where we wanted to go THIS season at least. Parcells had seemed to learn as the season went along which situations/plays/etc. were bad for Quincy, and which ones catered to his strengths (such as the great play action he's capable of running).

At the time of his release, if you remember, though I agreed with Parcells' alleged "reasons", I was devastated because of everything I just said. And then trading Antonio? Seeing him play last night was really painful for me. Anyway, before Quincy's release, I was really confident in this team. Afterward, I was (and AM) still hopeful, but knew that most of it would hinge on Vinny's play. Add onto the poorness of THAT the ridiculousness of the inconsistent philosophy as to how the team should go about playing football games, and we have the huge mess we're in now. Now don't call me a 2nd guesser, because (and my posts at various times throughout will show a record of this) I guessed as these things were happening and not just afterward! ;) :(

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-08-04, 06:13 PM
:lol: My dad's brief assessment of the current situation, just received via e-mail:

The Dallas Cowpokes need to get rid of Testaverde. They also need some better running backs and another good receiver. They will not make the playoffs this year, unless they get rid of some of their New York "talent".