PDA

View Full Version : Packer Weekend Pics

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 02:23 PM
I'm kind of disappointed with how they look after I downsized them. A lot of these are simply AWESOME, if I can say that. The full-size shots are crystal clear.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy them.

This first pick is when I apparently put my notorious injury jinx on one of my favorite players. I just wasn't thinking at the time. I had a whole bunch to say to him but when I actually got up beside him, all I could think to say was, "Just win tomorrow, Darren. Just win." His response: "Oh yeah! Oh yeah!"

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 02:25 PM
Here's a shot for Nat. This is Roy "Sooner" Williams during pregame workouts.

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 02:27 PM
Another for Nat. Here's Roy "Sooner" Williams and MeShawn Johnson along with a couple fellow Crackboys leaving the pregame warmups. You'll notice that each Crackboy is being accompanied by his Attorney/Drug Supplier.

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 02:29 PM
Here's the Opening Kickoff. Sixty minutes later, the Ass Thrashing would be Complete and Total. :gulp:

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 02:32 PM
Here's a Packer running play to the right. The full-scale version of this pic is just ................ing SWEET!!! It's going on my wall. AGAIN, I apologize for the quality here. It loses a LOT in the resizing. Too bad I'm completely incompetent.

Anyway, you can see the left guard pulling and the Pack O-Line has the Crackboy D-Line completely engaged. Brett has the ball right before the handoff.

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 02:35 PM
Green Bay is easily the smallest town in the NFL. But, like most towns, they have their problems. I managed to get this pic of a Drug Ring.

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 02:39 PM
At the tailgait party at Brett Favre's restaurant, I got to meet Don Majkowski. Majik Man! (They called him Majik cause he was a little like Brett before Brett. At least that's my understanding. But, to be safe, I gave him Steve's email address) :gulp:

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 02:44 PM
Here's a pic of me relaxing after the Thrashing, doing what I do best. :gulp:
The woman needs to learn how to center the pics. :)

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 02:47 PM
Touchdown Pack!!!! Go suck on your glass pipes, Crackboys!!!! :D :gulp:

Another one that's going on my wall!!! Just look at that O-Line pushing those Crackboys off the line of scrimmage. It was like that ALL day!!! :D

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 02:55 PM
More pics of the Holiest Place in the NFL. The unfrozen Frozen Tundra. Seriously, all hard-core NFL fans should make the Pilgrimage to Titletown at least once in their lives.
I was talking to a bunch of Cowboy fans at the hotel that went on the Lambeau tour and they couldn't stop raving about it. Lambeau IS that special.

Here's a view from a luxury skybox. Want to rent it? It's only $95,000 a year.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
10-26-04, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan
Green Bay is easily the smallest town in the NFL. But, like most towns, they have their problems. I managed to get this pic of a Drug Ring.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WOW. Good one. You really are too much sometimes! :lol:

Great, great pics!

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
10-26-04, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan
Here's a view from a luxury skybox. Want to rent it? It's only $95,000 a year.

I wonder this a lot, but this pic brought it back to mind right now... why are luxury boxes so expensive/coveted when in a lot of places, they have worse views than the cheapest of the cheap seats? My view, 2nd row of the 2nd tier, was FAR better than that!

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 03:07 PM
I often wondered that too, Nat. Our tour guide explained that, at least at Lambeau, you have access to it 363 days of the year. (Everyday except Christmas & Easter)

The thing is, that's still ridiculous. That 95 grand is only for the suite. Food & beverages aren't included and you can't bring that stuff in either. It's not like you can sleep in there either because you cannot.

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 03:14 PM
Just outside of the luxury boxes is this amazing bar/lounge area. They have meeting rooms here too. The Bart Starr room; Paul Hornung room; Willie Davis room....

Anyway, here is Paul Hornung's actual Heisman trophy. He won it while he was with, ugh, Notre Dame. '56, I think. The amazing thing with this is, Notre Dame was 2-8 that year.

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 03:24 PM
THIS was Awesome. Here's the tour group I was with walking out of the same tunnel the Twelve-Time World Champion Packers run out of on Game Day.
There are some incredible plaques inside explaining things to the Rookies just WHY this is such Hallowed Ground. (This wasn't always the same tunnel. However, Holmgren, back when he was OK, moved some of the concrete into the floor of this tunnel. All Packer rookies are then taken here and lectured on what it means to be on the Greatest Franchise in NFL History. (My camera battery level naturally was low at this point so I didn't want to chance any flashes)
While the Tour Guide was telling this story, I started emitting these embarrasing "womanish sounds." :lol: :gulp:

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 03:27 PM
As you come out of the tunnel, you are in the same endzone where Bart Starr scored the winning TD against the then-classy Dallas Cowboys.
If you can tell, they had it roped off. Bull................! I leaned against rope and put my feet directly on the Holy Tundra. Oh man! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 03:32 PM
Finally, here's my fatass with The Tundra behind me. I felt ten years old here, man.

I'll post more later. The Statue of St. Vincent is remarkable. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

PinstripePride
10-26-04, 04:38 PM
Very nice shots George. I love the one with Green taking the handoff on the 5 yard line. Awesome photography. Thanks for postin' them. :gulp:

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 04:55 PM
Here's another one. Brett takes the snap and looks for Henderson....

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 05:06 PM
Man, I'm way out of sequence but for the National Anthem, they had our Yankee Friend Challenger swoop down onto the field and then had four F-16s do a flyover. In this pic, I got three of the jets. They, uh, were moving faster than Nate Newton running drugs on the Interstate!!! :D :gulp:

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 08:21 PM
Here's another pic of Darren getting ready to sign a picture I had of him that I picked up from the Packer Pro Shop earlier in the day.

He's not signing yet since he's checking out the Boobies on the Babe that's right behind us. Hey, so was I! :gulp: At least we know that Darren isn't a Rickey Williams! :lol:

#1PaFan
10-26-04, 11:45 PM
Here's Brett leaving the field after Pre game warmups.

This Man is ADORED in Green Bay and rightly so. He's been beaten up physically for years and mentally for the last few seasons.....

He just keeps coming back for more. The Man is a Stud! He did more with less teams than practically anybody else. I Love Brett Favre. The MAN is just unbelievable!!!

patrick.o
10-27-04, 12:30 AM
Those are some great pics, George, but that one at the 5 yard line is just awesome!

#1PaFan
10-27-04, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by patrick.o
Those are some great pics, George, but that one at the 5 yard line is just awesome!

Thanks Son! I really appreciate that! :gulp:

PinstripePride
10-27-04, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by patrick.o

I agree. It's my favorite. Amazin' shot.

SoCal Pinstriper
10-27-04, 11:09 AM
Great Shots!

nahzo
10-27-04, 11:55 AM
Great pics George! I liked the 5 YL running shot and the one with you and the group coming out of the tunnel, I swear I could hear the NFL Films song going in my head when I saw that. Good ................! :gulp:

RIyankee
10-27-04, 01:39 PM
George, nice pics!

Where's your Cheese Hat? :D

#1PaFan
10-31-04, 11:44 PM
Yes, this is a week late, but we're talking about the Green Bay Packers!!!

Here is the Man that Historic Lambeau Field is named after. Curly Lambeau. His dream, drive and $200 got the Packers into the NFL!!!

Mr. Lambeau's statue is on the Harlan Plaza before entering the Main Entrance.

#1PaFan
10-31-04, 11:49 PM
Of course, NOTHING about the Pack is complete without St. Vincent!

Vincent Lombardi. Really, nothing more needs to be said of this great, great man. Here is the Statue of this great man on the Plaza.

#1PaFan
10-31-04, 11:51 PM
Another view of Mr. Lombardi's statue.

#1PaFan
10-31-04, 11:56 PM
I realize a lot of you folks aren't Packer fans. However, I hope that I helped you to understand my LOVE of this team.

I thank God that I'm a Packer Fan AND a Yankee Fan.

AND, thank YOU, Dad!!! :gulp:

Twelve and Twenty-Six!!!! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

#1PaFan
11-02-04, 02:16 PM
BTW, here's a pic of the Gameball from the 1966 NFL Championship game versus the then-classy Dallas Cowboys. This, of course, was one year before the Ice Bowl. This was taken at the Packer Hall of Fame.

BTW, where the heck is JJ? He hasn't posted on this thread yet!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PinstripePride
11-02-04, 02:30 PM
Thanks again for sharing George. Glad you had a blast.

Luvtino
11-02-04, 09:01 PM
Your pics are amazing George. I am so happy that you had such a wonderful time. I really liked the pic from the tunnel. Very cool. I also loved the one of the jets. Very special. :)

That is awesome that you got to meet players and get some autographs. I am sure this will be a trip you can talk about for years to come. Cheers!! :gulp: