PDA

View Full Version : Lets Go Giants!

yankeegirl78
10-23-04, 05:44 PM
Looking forward to the NYG/DET game tomorrow...

JeffWeaverFan
10-24-04, 03:34 AM
You heard it here first, Detroit will win. The Giants aren't this good of a team.

EdRuane
10-24-04, 04:17 AM
The Giants may not be a great team, but they're certainly better than a Detroit team without a starting wide receiver to speak of.

PinstripePride
10-24-04, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by EdRuane
The Giants may not be a great team, but they're certainly better than a Detroit team without a starting wide receiver to speak of.

Let me introduce you to Roy Williams:

Roy Williams #11 | Wide Receiver | Detroit Lions
Rec -Yrds -YPA -TD
20 - 295 - 14.8 - 4

expectTHEunexpected
10-24-04, 12:16 PM
If the Giants are going to be a contender this year, they have to beat this team.

GO G-men!

PinstripePride
10-24-04, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by PinstripePride

Rec -Yrds -YPA -TD
20 - 295 - 14.8 - 4

Touchdown Roy Williams. :lol:

yankeegirl78
10-24-04, 01:27 PM
PLENTY of time left...

GO BIG BLUE!

PinstripePride
10-24-04, 01:33 PM
TIKI! :gulp:

JeffWeaverFan
10-24-04, 01:55 PM
They're going for it on 4th down... This could be a big mistake. I thought they learned that Ron Dayne is not a short yardage runner... They got it, barely.
EDTI: And there they go again on 3rd and goal on the 1, they use Ron Dayne. It's stupid.

patrick.o
10-24-04, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by JeffWeaverFan
And there they go again on 3rd and goal on the 1, they use Ron Dayne. It's stupid.
It's hard to believe. Every time I see him line up in the backfiled I want to scream at the tv.

JeffWeaverFan
10-24-04, 03:42 PM
You heard it here first, Detroit will win. The Giants aren't this good of a team.
Looks like I could be right. Giants down by 8 with 2:22 to go.

wexy
10-24-04, 03:47 PM
That inteception before halftime was not only stupid but the momentum
changer.

Luvtino
10-24-04, 04:52 PM

Looks like I could be right. Giants down by 8 with 2:22 to go.

You were right. :( I knew when the Lions scored about 5 minutes into the game it was an omen...a bad omen. Tough week for NY teams. :o

expectTHEunexpected
10-24-04, 04:56 PM
What a horrible week. :(

yankeesfaninaz
10-24-04, 08:40 PM
rolf. First the Giants lose, then the Jets. Well at least the AZ Cardinals won and the Cowboys lost :D

EdRuane
10-25-04, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by PinstripePride

Rec -Yrds -YPA -TD
20 - 295 - 14.8 - 4

At the time that I posted that, Roy was listed as questionable and was not slated to play. So with neither him nor Az Hakim slated to play, I was correct about having no receivers of note.

Just wasn't right about the Giants being better...

NYYFAN
10-25-04, 12:42 AM

We bow to your greatness...:D

RIyankee
10-25-04, 11:01 AM
Random thoughts...

Bad loss at home. This will set the team back in the playoff hunt.

The Giants came out looking flat. Their O-line is terrible.

Detroit's not that good either. The Giants played a poor game.

POTG: Warner's red zone INT. That was a killer. Inexcusable too. &po'd&

RIyankee
11-01-04, 09:30 AM
That was such a great win. This team keeps surprising me. Now we get Da Bears at home.

Here's the Giants schedule...

2004 Schedule

Sep 12 @Philadelphia Lost 17-31
Sep 19 Washington Won 20-14
Sep 26 Cleveland Won 27-10
Oct 3 @Green Bay Won 14-7
Oct 10 @Dallas Won 26-10
Week 6 BYE
Oct 24 Detroit Lost 13-28
Oct 31 @Minnesota Won 34-13
Nov 7 Chicago 4:05pm
Nov 14 @Arizona 4:15pm
Nov 21 Atlanta 4:15pm
Nov 28 Philadelphia 1:00pm
Dec 5 @Washington 4:15pm
Dec 12 @Baltimore 1:00pm
Dec 18 Pittsburgh 1:30pm
Dec 26 @Cincinnati 1:00pm
Jan 2 Dallas 8:30pm

JfromJersey
11-01-04, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by RIyankee
That was such a great win. This team keeps surprising me. Now we get Da Bears at home.

Here's the Giants schedule...

2004 Schedule

Sep 12 @Philadelphia Lost 17-31
Sep 19 Washington Won 20-14
Sep 26 Cleveland Won 27-10
Oct 3 @Green Bay Won 14-7
Oct 10 @Dallas Won 26-10
Week 6 BYE
Oct 24 Detroit Lost 13-28
Oct 31 @Minnesota Won 34-13
Nov 7 Chicago 4:05pm
Nov 14 @Arizona 4:15pm
Nov 21 Atlanta 4:15pm
Nov 28 Philadelphia 1:00pm
Dec 5 @Washington 4:15pm
Dec 12 @Baltimore 1:00pm
Dec 18 Pittsburgh 1:30pm
Dec 26 @Cincinnati 1:00pm
Jan 2 Dallas 8:30pm

The Giants will finish 10-6 and maybe a wildcard birth.

BroadwayBomber55
11-01-04, 05:20 PM
The Giants had a great win, but IMHO, the Giants are not a Super Bowl contender yet. They're surprising the NFL right now. If the Giants can take advantage of the vunerable NFC and beat the Eagles, the Giants may make it to the Super Bowl. But still, we have 2 months of regular season NFL football left and anything can happen.

26 and counting
11-01-04, 08:07 PM
The Giants' next two games are against Chicago and Arizona. As long as they don't make any stupid mistakes, we will be looking at a Giants team with a 7-2 record.:eek:

PinstripePride
11-01-04, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by 26 and counting
The Giants' next two games are against Chicago and Arizona. As long as they don't make any stupid mistakes, we will be looking at a Giants team with a 7-2 record.:eek:

Very surprising. Go G-Men! :gulp:

expectTHEunexpected
11-01-04, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by 26 and counting

Year Two Thousand! Year Two Thousand!
*clap clap clap-clap-clap

Classic quote by Mike Tice:

"The Giants are not on our schedule next year," the coach said. "Thank God." :(

RIyankee
11-02-04, 09:22 AM
I hope the Giants don't play down to the level of their opponents over the next two games.

TripleG23
11-02-04, 10:06 AM
I hope the Giants don't play down to the level of their opponents over the next two games.

The Giants are strange. It seems like when they are expected to win, they lose. When they are expected to lose, they win. I hope they can step up and win the next two games vs. Chicago & AZ because they are games the G-Men should win.

-Triple G

#1PaFan
11-02-04, 12:01 PM
Strange season indeed for the G-Men. Lose to Detroit but beat My Pack and the Viqueens.

Baseballfan23
11-02-04, 01:00 PM
Hey me and three of my buddies are going down to tailgate sunday against the bears. We would like to get tickets but i was wondering if anyone knew what its like this year scalping and what the prices are like. Im on the waiting list for tickets but there is nothing avaliable through the ticket exchange. Any help is appreciated thanks

RIyankee
11-03-04, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by TripleG23

The Giants are strange. It seems like when they are expected to win, they lose. When they are expected to lose, they win. I hope they can step up and win the next two games vs. Chicago & AZ because they are games the G-Men should win.

-Triple G

If the Giants are serious about making the playoffs they will win their next two games. No excuses.

TripleG23
11-04-04, 09:19 AM

If the Giants are serious about making the playoffs they will win their next two games. No excuses.

No doubt. 7-2 looks nice going into a game vs. Atlanta which is also a game the Giants could win with the inconsistent offense they have; even with Vick.

I don't want to look too far ahead but I think 11-5 Record is very possible if this team continues to play like they are now.

-Triple G

RIyankee
11-05-04, 10:01 AM
CHICAGO BEARS (2-5) AT NEW YORK GIANTS (5-2)

Chicago Bears
OUT CB Charles Tillman (knee)
DOUBTFUL S Bobby Gray (groin)
QUESTIONABLE RB Thomas Jones (toe); RB Jason McKie (knee); DE Adewale Ogunleye (calf)
PROBABLE G Ruben Brown (knee); G Mike Gandy (hamstring); QB Chad Hutchinson (ill); C Olin Kreutz (elbow); CB Todd McMillon (back); T John Tait (quadricep); G Rex Tucker (elbow); LB Brian Urlacher (hamstring)

New York Giants
DOUBTFUL C Shaun O'Hara (infection/leg)
QUESTIONABLE LB Barrett Green (knee)

expectTHEunexpected
11-07-04, 06:34 PM
What a nightmare. Half the team's injured and we literally turn over every possession we get. &po'd& :mad:

#1PaFan
11-07-04, 07:08 PM
What a goofy ass league. What a goofy ass team! HOW can the Giants embarrass the Vikings AND beat my Packers at Lambeau but get slapped by Detroit and, at least right now, get their asses handed to them by duh Bearssss?

The more I watch the NFL, the less I know. ;) :gulp:

IntangiblesRule
11-07-04, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan
What a goofy ass league. What a goofy ass team! HOW can the Giants embarrass the Vikings AND beat my Packers at Lambeau but get slapped by Detroit and, at least right now, get their asses handed to them by duh Bearssss?

The more I watch the NFL, the less I know. ;) :gulp:

I keep saying the any given Sunday axiom to myself, but there are just some Sundays that define all the laws of sporting nature. The NFL is !*#*!'d up! :confused:

expectTHEunexpected
11-07-04, 07:37 PM
I hope Coughlin pulls a George Steinbrenner after this game.

#1PaFan
11-07-04, 07:41 PM
EVERY team in the NFL is a Jekyl & Hyde. (Except maybe Miami)

You just never know which team is going to show up.

ZYanksRule
11-07-04, 07:45 PM
Kurt Warner was TERRIBLE today... refer to the thread I opened up, but he is a disgrace.

RIyankee
11-08-04, 10:34 AM

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Even with a new coach this team continues to self destruct against inferior opponents. Another game like that and Warner will be hearing Eli chants.

Kulish29
11-10-04, 01:41 PM
Friggin Giants. Man, I love you guys but you always, ALWAYS play down the the level of your competition. THE BEARS WERE 2-5 FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!! How do you f' that up? At least I can take solace in the fact that it could be worse. We could be the Cowboys, who got their ASSES handed to them by the Bengals :D

They better win when I go see them this Sunday in AZ. I cant take watching them lose to the Cardinals in person.

If they do lose, Warner will be out and Eli will start. Book that. Oh, and this has to be said again...

THE F*CKING BEARS!!!! &po'd&

RIyankee
11-10-04, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Kulish29
At least I can take solace in the fact that it could be worse. We could be the Cowboys, who got their ASSES handed to them by the Bengals :D

Alas, you and I and all Giants fans cannot take any solace. This loss along with the injuries to two key D-linemen puts our playoff hopes in jepordy.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys are having a bad year. That means a higher draft pick in April. They also have Buffalo's 1st rounder. Unfortunately, we don't have a 1st rounder (Chargers). Alas, woe is us! :(

expectTHEunexpected
11-14-04, 03:26 PM
The Giants have no excuse to lose to the Cards today. Then again, they had no excuse to lose to the Bears either. :mad:

IntangiblesRule
11-14-04, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by expectTHEunexpected
The Giants have no excuse to lose to the Cards today. Then again, they had no excuse to lose to the Bears either. :mad:

I dunno, the Cards have been playing people very tough all season. I was there for the home opener and they gave the Pats all they can handle. With our defense depleted up front this might be a danger game.

nahzo
11-14-04, 07:10 PM
You know I used to mildly like the Giants, but the last two years that the my Vikes have played that damn team they've lost like a bunch in a row... And now today is close against the Packers.... Argh......

Looie #19
11-14-04, 07:42 PM
Blood just started dripping out of my ears after reading that first sentence. Is that normal? :eek:

Kulish29
11-14-04, 10:55 PM
Kurt Warner must not play the rest of the season. He's terrible and he'll be lucky if he finds a starting job next year.