PDA

View Full Version : Voice of Bronx-Bombers.com

NewYorkIrish
04-08-00, 09:19 PM
Like Bob Shepard on yankees.com, can we have an introductory voice? Like Lou Gehrig saying "right now I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth". Is that in the public domain? Could we make it the voice we hear every time we log in here?

------------------
"If they ask, 'who was our star?', give them 25 names..and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees......"

[This message has been edited by NewYorkIrish (edited April 08, 2000).]

JimF
04-08-00, 09:49 PM
When I logged on to yankeetradition.com the first time, I got goosebumps listening to that sound clip they he's got up there. Now that it's been a few months, I find it utterly annoying every time I load that page, and stopped visiting because of it.

If I could somehow convince Bob Sheppard to do a sound bite for me, you'd have a deal.

------------------
"Just watching the game, having a Bud..."

Ansky39's Neighbor's Best Friend's 9th Cousin, Twice Removed.

NewYorkIrish
04-08-00, 10:00 PM
Hey there. The same way I never get tired of Bob Shepard's voice saying "welcome to Yankee Stadium", I will never tire of Lou's heartfelt farewell speech. It gives me goosebumps, every, single, time.

------------------
"If they ask, 'who was our star?', give them 25 names..and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees......"

JimF
04-08-00, 10:12 PM
I know what you mean, but I still don't want to add any sound. But, since I'm such a nice guy, I'll give you this link:
www.bronx-bombers.com/gehrig.wav (http://www.bronx-bombers.com/gehrig.wav)

I think WebTV will support it. http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
"Just watching the game, having a Bud..."

Ansky39's Neighbor's Best Friend's 9th Cousin, Twice Removed.

seahorse
04-08-00, 10:45 PM
Thanks Jim. I added it to my documents.

------------------
Best GoYanks!
a39fc

yanksgirl24
04-09-00, 09:43 PM
i think a sound bite would be cool. i still have the info for contacting the yanks if you're interested jim.

------------------
"We're a great team. Nothing can change that. Nothing can change greatness."