PDA

View Full Version : Jim, Help!!

Kimmie
02-16-00, 09:30 AM
I am trying to figure out your image posting. Could you please tell me what I am suppose to enter, and also, what kind of pictures are allowed? Thanks!

------------------
Vice President and Co-Founder
of The Ansky39 Fan Club!
Second in Command

JimF
02-16-00, 02:11 PM
Any kind of pictures, as long as they are appropriate. They have to be smaller than 20K. When you get that screen, hit "Browse", and that will take you to your computer's directory. From there you just have to navigate to where the picture is that you want to put in the post. Then it will upload it for you, and give you code as to where it is. Then you just have to copy and paste the code that it gives you, and voila, your picture will appear in your post. Please let me know if you are still having problems after this.

------------------
JimF@Bronx-Bombers.com

Ansky39's Neighbor's Best Friend's 9th Cousin, Twice Removed.

Kimmie
02-16-00, 04:02 PM
Thanks Jim, but for some strange reason it just is not working for me! I will keep trying! Hey, you know how I am when it comes to posting pictures! The guy that taught me how to do it, he's still in a straight jacket I believe! http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
of The Ansky39 Fan Club!
Second in Command

[This message has been edited by Better Than Hoover Lite (edited February 16, 2000).]

JimF
02-16-00, 04:32 PM
What part is not working for you? Here are the steps, let me know exactly which one isn't working:

1) Click on the "Insert an Image Into your Post" link that is located directly beneath the post typing area.

2) A window opens up, entitled: "Upload a File", where it says: "You may include an image in your BB post. It must be 20k or smaller". Then there are two buttons, "Browse..." & "Upload Now!".

3) After pressing the "Browse..." button, you are by default taken to the "Desktop" of your computer. From there, you can navigate to where the file is that you'd like to upload. By pressing "Open", the file name goes into the text box just to the left of the "Browse" button.

4) You hit "Upload Now!", and the file will upload from your computer to my server. After it is done, you will see a screen that says: "Your image was successfully uploaded! To include it in a message, copy the text below and paste it into your message body:", and it will give you the code for inserting the picture, such as your picture , then all you have to do is COPY the code that it gives you, and paste it into the post.

5) If the image that you're trying to upload is bigger than 20k, you will see this, or a similar message: "You attempted to upload a file totalling '20999' bytes. This exceeds the maximum limit of 20480 bytes (20k). Please go back and select a smaller image."

5a) You can determine the file size by right clicking on the file, selecting "properties", and you will see a screen that gives you the file size.

6) If the image already exists on the server, you will see this message: "The file "yadda.gif" already exists on our server. Please rename your file and try the upload again."

6a) To rename your file, simply right click on it, and select "rename". You can call it something like "yadda-1.gif".

Hope this helps!

http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
JimF@Bronx-Bombers.com

Ansky39's Neighbor's Best Friend's 9th Cousin, Twice Removed.

Kimmie
02-16-00, 05:08 PM
Thanks Jim, I tried everything you said! The thing is all my images are too large! I just don't have any images under 20! http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/frown.gif Thanks for your help!

------------------
of The Ansky39 Fan Club!
Second in Command

yankeeg
02-16-00, 05:29 PM
Hey! I hope it's not a *******. LMAO!!!

------------------