PDA

View Full Version : Raiders trying to trade for Lamont Jordan

JeffWeaverFan
09-22-04, 12:24 PM
http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1095744842315880.xml

The Oakland Raiders again have offered a third-round draft pick for disgruntled running back LaMont Jordan, but the Jets are remaining steadfast in their demands for a second-rounder, according to someone with knowledge of the discussions.

It's the second bid the Raiders have made to obtain Jordan in the past six months, and now they are trying to sweeten the deal, perhaps with a late-round pick or a player.

I don't know about this. I think Lamont Jordan could stilll be a good backup RB for us and could help keep Curtis Martin fresh. But, if we could get a 2nd round pick out of it, I would be pretty happy.

NYYFAN
09-22-04, 12:45 PM
Were hurting at RB...we should of signed Dillion...

RIyankee
09-22-04, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN
Were hurting at RB...we should of signed Dillion...

Your team should have offered a 2nd round pick. :lol:

NYYFAN
09-22-04, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by RIyankee

Your team should have offered a 2nd round pick. :lol:

Signing Sapp from Cinn pissed them off...I don't think they would of taken a 2nd...

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-22-04, 01:25 PM
I don't know about trading LaMont either... once that guy starts I think he would be an excellent RB, but I'm in no rush to cut short Curtis' career. Tough call.

RIyankee
09-22-04, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN

Signing Sapp from Cinn pissed them off...I don't think they would of taken a 2nd...

Good point.

BTW I must be missing something. In the few times I've seen Jordan run, he wasn't special and had trouble holding onto the ball. If I were a Jets fan I'd take a 2nd round pick in a heartbeat. A case can be made for 2nd rounders being more valuable than #1s in that they can contribute within the first two seasons at a much lower price. If Martin goes down, the Jets are in trouble in any case.

NYYFAN
09-22-04, 01:56 PM

Good point.

BTW I must be missing something. In the few times I've seen Jordan run, he wasn't special and had trouble holding onto the ball. If I were a Jets fan I'd take a 2nd round pick in a heartbeat. A case can be made for 2nd rounders being more valuable than #1s in that they can contribute within the first two seasons at a much lower price. If Martin goes down, the Jets are in trouble in any case.

The Jets would take a #2, but the raiders want the deal for a #3...

I think the Raiders like his pass catching as much as his running...

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-22-04, 02:43 PM
2nd round pick, if they trade him. He's more than worth it.

JeffWeaverFan
09-22-04, 02:49 PM
He had some fumbling problems last year but he has also shown flashes of being a really good RB. I think he could be very solid and I think he is an excellent backup.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-22-04, 03:43 PM
LaMont Jordan playing for the Broncos would be a 1200 yard back. He's way too good to give him up for what the Raiders offer. Jordan adds depth to the Jets...as good as Curtis is, if he gets seriously hurt we would not be that bad off, especially when you consider how well our line is blocking.

mbn007
09-22-04, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by PlsDontTearDownY.S.
LaMont Jordan playing for the Broncos would be a 1200 yard back. He's way too good to give him up for what the Raiders offer. Jordan adds depth to the Jets...as good as Curtis is, if he gets seriously hurt we would not be that bad off, especially when you consider how well our line is blocking.

Jordan is gone after this season. He and Herm really do not see eyeto eye. If the Raiders offer Buchanan (CB) or a #2, Jets should take it. Losing Martin ruins the season anyway, Jordan or no Jordan.

Looie #19
09-26-04, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by mbn007
If the Raiders offer Buchanan (CB)

I'd say no, because if the Raiders are dumb enough to offer a young CB for a backup RB, I'd hold out for Gallery as well.

dabomb2045
09-28-04, 01:46 AM
Im all for trading Jordan....he is outta here at the end of the season anyways.....might as well trade him now and get something back in return

patrick.o
09-28-04, 07:55 AM
Oh boy this would be great! I've got Jordan on my fantasy team and if he gets a starting gig that'll give me a 4 man backfield with Lewis, Martin, and Barber. Hello trade for a good receiver! Give up that scond rounder you stingy Raiders!!! :p

JeffWeaverFan
09-28-04, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by patrick.o
Oh boy this would be great! I've got Jordan on my fantasy team and if he gets a starting gig that'll give me a 4 man backfield with Lewis, Martin, and Barber. Hello trade for a good receiver! Give up that scond rounder you stingy Raiders!!! :p
Well, supposedly Herman Edwards is going to try to get Lamont Jordan some more carries in the coming weeks. Of course, this is said every single year and not much happens.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2004/whispers1912.htm

Jets head coach Herm Edwards admitted that he pulled out all the stops in the first two games to get the Jets off to a fast start, knowing that New York had a Week Three bye to recover and rest. As a result, he fully realizes itís impossible to run 31-year-old RB Curtis Martin 30-plus times per game (he carried 61 times in the first two games), so look for LaMont_ Jordan to get more carries in the coming weeks.

PinstripePride
09-28-04, 12:25 PM
That'll be a good move. We need Curtis down the stretch, and he won't have a bye to recover later either. Lamont can keep him fresh.