PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Boston Globe Article On AFC East

RIyankee
09-13-04, 01:44 PM
Believe it or not, Jets fans will be pleased.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2004/09/13/which_direction_for_afc_east/

JeffWeaverFan
09-13-04, 01:51 PM
Good article. It was right on the money for the Jets. And they are right about the secondary. It is definately a concern.

RIyankee
09-13-04, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by JeffWeaverFan
Good article. It was right on the money for the Jets. And they are right about the secondary. It is definately a concern.

Nick Cafardo is one of the better Boston sports writers IMO.

BTW The Pats will be fortunate just to make the playoffs if they don't fix that rushing defense. A better committment to the run from Charlie Weis wouldn't hurt either.

JeffWeaverFan
09-13-04, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by RIyankee

Nick Cafardo is one of the better Boston sports writers IMO.

BTW The Pats will be fortunate just to make the playoffs if they don't fix that rushing defense. A better committment to the run from Charlie Weis wouldn't hurt either.
I see the Pats as a team that will go about 8-8 this year... I said all along that losing Ted Washington would hurt you guys and it looks like it will. I know he was injured a bunch last season but he was a force in the middle.

#1PaFan
09-13-04, 07:00 PM

I see the Pats as a team that will go about 8-8 this year... I said all along that losing Ted Washington would hurt you guys and it looks like it will. I know he was injured a bunch last season but he was a force in the middle.

Wanna back up that 8-8 claim with some cash?

JeffWeaverFan
09-13-04, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan

Wanna back up that 8-8 claim with some cash?
Let me check the schedule here...

OK, maybe they'll be better than 8-8. Why the hell do the Patriots have such an easy schedule??? I have them losing to the Jets twice, Seattle, KC, Baltimore, and Cleveland. They might also lose one of the four games to the Bills and Dolphins... But that makes them at worst 9-7. So, I see them probably being a 10-6 team that will lose in the first round of the playoffs if they get in.

REDSOXIN2004
09-13-04, 07:20 PM
The jets will be lucky to go 8-8. They are missing a lot of pieces on that team and wish they were at the same level as the pats. Thats just being realistic

OK, maybe they'll be better than 8-8. Why the hell do the Patriots have such an easy schedule??? I have them losing to the Jets twice, Seattle, KC, Baltimore, and Cleveland. They might also lose one of the four games to the Bills and Dolphins... But that makes them at worst 9-7. So, I see them probably being a 10-6 team that will lose in the first round of the playoffs if they get in.

JeffWeaverFan
09-13-04, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by REDSOXIN2004
The jets will be lucky to go 8-8. They are missing a lot of pieces on that team and wish they were at the same level as the pats. Thats just being realistic

The Jets will be lucky to go 8-8? Laughable!:lol: I would DEFINATELY put money on that one!

Lets check their schedule.
at San Diego=W
at Miami=W
Buffalo=W
San Francisco=W
at New England=W
Miami=W
at Buffalo=W
Baltimore=W
at Cleveland=W
at Arizona=W
Houston=W
at Pitt=W
Seattle=W
New England=W
at St. Louis=W

Jesus Christ, I just realized we are going to go 16-0 this season!

Out of all those games there is not one where one could say we will definately lose. Seattle at home might be somewhat tough but thats about it.

And the Jets only weakness is our secondary which really isn't all that bad.

uconnhoopz123
09-13-04, 07:29 PM

NICE POST LOSER

JeffWeaverFan
09-14-04, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by uconnhoopz123
NICE POST LOSER
Exactly. You and I know how good this team is.

WebsterMulligan
09-14-04, 03:11 AM

Ted Washington missed six games last year and the Patriots still finished 14-2, for the regular season. No doubt he will be missed, but not to the extent, where the Pats will finish 8-8. I told you before, to quit bogarting that spliff that you are smoking. ;)

BTW: Your Jets looked real good in Week 1. Should be a good game, when they play the Pats.

WebsterMulligan
09-14-04, 03:17 AM

The Jets will be lucky to go 8-8? Laughable!:lol: I would DEFINATELY put money on that one!

Lets check their schedule.
at San Diego=W
at Miami=W
Buffalo=W
San Francisco=W
at New England=W
Miami=W
at Buffalo=W
Baltimore=W
at Cleveland=W
at Arizona=W
Houston=W
at Pitt=W
Seattle=W
New England=W
at St. Louis=W

Out of all those games there is not one where one could say we will definately lose. Seattle at home might be somewhat tough but thats about it.

And the Jets only weakness is our secondary which really isn't all that bad.

That's being very optimistic. No way they (or anyone else) goes undefeated. You have to figure they will drop atleast 4-5 games (including two to the Pats). You better hope there are no injuries, as the Jets are lacking depth, IMO.

#1PaFan
09-14-04, 03:37 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet they don't!!!! :D

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-14-04, 10:56 AM

Patriots have an aging defensive front seven. They will have to rely on Brady, ( a great QB ) defensive schemes and the other team's mistakes more than ever if they want to make it back to the playoffs. The Jets are NOT on the Pats' level... yet. As of right now we are not as far below the Pats level as you think.

JeffWeaverFan
09-14-04, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by WebsterMulligan

That's being very optimistic. No way they (or anyone else) goes undefeated. You have to figure they will drop atleast 4-5 games (including two to the Pats). You better hope there are no injuries, as the Jets are lacking depth, IMO.
I was just kidding with my 16-0 prediction as there will be a bad game here and there but we will beat the Pats twice. 13-3 sounds good to me (and that is if we stay healthy).

cubswin
09-14-04, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by PlsDontTearDownY.S.
Patriots have an aging defensive front seven. They will have to rely on Brady, ( a great QB ) defensive schemes and the other team's mistakes more than ever if they want to make it back to the playoffs. The Jets are NOT on the Pats' level... yet. As of right now we are not as far below the Pats level as you think.

How do you figure the front 7 are "aging"? The LBs are older (excpet Colvin), but also exceptionally deep. The line features Seymour and Warren, w/Jarvis Green and rookie Wilfork backing up. Seems to me the bigger question is not how the veterans play but how the young players do.

PinstripePride
09-14-04, 06:38 PM
I don't see the Jets beating the Pats twice, Seattle isn't a guaranteed win either. The Seahawks are very dangerous. Baltimore could be a loss, too. However, the Jets do have a very easy schedule, and it's not entirely out of line to pick them to go 11-5 or 12-4. .

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-15-04, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by cubswin

How do you figure the front 7 are "aging"? The LBs are older (excpet Colvin), but also exceptionally deep. The line features Seymour and Warren, w/Jarvis Green and rookie Wilfork backing up. Seems to me the bigger question is not how the veterans play but how the young players do. Keith Traylor and WIllie McGinest are starters, and if Traylor doesnt make an impact your run defense is hurt, same as the Jets if Robertson doesn't clog the middle of the line.

hugelongtermdeal
09-15-04, 11:14 AM

OK, maybe they'll be better than 8-8. Why the hell do the Patriots have such an easy schedule??? I have them losing to the Jets twice,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Right, cause Brady is overrated and Chad is the man :lol:

The only way the Pats miss the playoffs is if Brady misses significant time (knock on wood).

BruceCampbellKG7
09-15-04, 11:21 AM
I have no doubt that the Jets will win this division. The Patriots won't get every lucky break forever.

cubswin
09-15-04, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by BruceCampbellKG7
I have no doubt that the Jets will win this division. The Patriots won't get every lucky break forever.

Yes, luck. Hope for the students' sake that you use better logic than that while TAing.

RIyankee
09-15-04, 01:08 PM
:uhh: Pats going 8-8???

:uhh: Jets going 8-8???

Seriously, both predictions are silly. Both are very good teams and will make the playoffs. It galls me to say this, but right now, I think the Jets might have the better overall team between the two. The Pats rushing defense scares me. But the Pats have the depth at DL to make adjustments. However, it's the LBs that concern me more than the linemen. If these adjustments are made successfully, the Pats will win the AFC East. If not, the Pats will be looking at a Wild Card.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-16-04, 02:59 PM
Keith Traylor and Dwayne Robertson need to kick a** if these teams plan on stopping the run, especially between the tackles.

uconnhoopz123
09-19-04, 08:30 PM
i predict the jets 13-3

losses at new england , vs baltimore, vs. seattle

all three of the games they may not lose and they might lose other games

they could very very easily win that game at new england but the baltimore and seattle games will be tough. The game at buffalo may be tougher then the new england game

uconnhoopz123
09-19-04, 08:34 PM

its good you got suspended so we dont have to read your stupid posts anymore

cubswin
09-19-04, 10:28 PM
How refreshing to see a good back on the Pats.

JeffWeaverFan
09-20-04, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by uconnhoopz123
i predict the jets 13-3

losses at new england , vs baltimore, vs. seattle

all three of the games they may not lose and they might lose other games

they could very very easily win that game at new england but the baltimore and seattle games will be tough. The game at buffalo may be tougher then the new england game
I think we should beat Baltimore.