PDA

View Full Version : Giant's Suck!!

yankeesrule2000
09-12-04, 06:12 PM
wow they are pathetic..There offensive line sucks, defense sucks, and their receivers keep droping the damn ball.....

0-1...

NYYFAN
09-12-04, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by yankeesrule2000
wow they are pathetic..There offensive line sucks, defense sucks, and their receivers keep droping the damn ball.....

0-1...

They drafted for the future...Gallery would of helped them now...maybe in a couple of years they might be good...

PS...this belongs in the NFL forum...

Looie #19
09-12-04, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN
They drafted for the future...Gallery would of helped them now...maybe in a couple of years they might be good...

I really think they should have tried to fix their OL, and maybe even the RB situation before QB, but I don't know how they could have worked it out to get Gallery. They could have done the same trade, but even still, that was a ton to give up for the #1 overall pick. If Eli isn't the QB his brother is (or at least better than Kerry Collins), it was really a big step backwards for the Giants. The worst case scenario is Phillip Rivers ends up being a better NFL QB than Eli. It almost seems like Eli forced himself on the Giants.

NYYFAN
09-12-04, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Looie #19

I really think they should have tried to fix their OL, and maybe even the RB situation before QB, but I don't know how they could have worked it out to get Gallery. They could have done the same trade, but even still, that was a ton to give up for the #1 overall pick. If Eli isn't the QB his brother is (or at least better than Kerry Collins), it was really a big step backwards for the Giants. The worst case scenario is Phillip Rivers ends up being a better NFL QB than Eli. It almost seems like Eli forced himself on the Giants.

If Gallery turns out to be a HOF type left tackle, it would be worth a ton...but I don't blame the Giants for getting Eli, but their fans have to realize they might have a couple of off years...

Rich
09-12-04, 10:13 PM
I think the OL played well today. The defense sucked, though.

EdRuane
09-13-04, 03:27 AM
I decided to break down the game into a report card style column. If you care to see...

http://www.livejournal.com/community/nygiants/27688.html

YankeeClemens22
09-13-04, 07:53 AM
My feelings -- the offense was mediocre. They didn't look awful, infact, a couple of times they looked downright good, and then there would be a dropped pass, or a penalty, and kill the drive.

The defense was AWFUL, and that is what we should expect all year. We got nothing on D. Other teams will be able to run all over us. Michael Strahan is the only guy on that line who provides any pressure. And after this year, he'll be gone.

If we can keep our core of offensive players... Manning, Shockey, Toomer, Hilliard, and Tiki, and get something for defense.... then maybe, maybe next season could produce something.

That's my opinion.

YankeeClemens22
09-13-04, 07:54 AM

PS...this belongs in the NFL forum...

Gallery is a monster. I was very sad to see him not end up on the Giants, but hopefully Manning will work out long term.

NJ Fan
09-13-04, 08:09 AM
As a Charger fan, I'm rooting for Manning to be the biggest NFL bust of all-time! (bigger than Ryan Leaf!) I want him to be the laughing-stock of football. I was thrilled when he took that big hit yesterday. May there be hundreds more just like that one. For icing on the cake, I want Rivers to mature and tear up in the league. :evil: :bad:

TannerBoyle
09-13-04, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by NJ Fan
As a Charger fan, I'm rooting for Manning to be the biggest NFL bust of all-time! (bigger than Ryan Leaf!) I want him to be the laughing-stock of football. I was thrilled when he took that big hit yesterday. May there be hundreds more just like that one. For icing on the cake, I want Rivers to mature and tear up in the league. :evil: :bad:

I'm not a huge fan of how the Giants managed their draft this year, but I preferred Eli and Rothlisberger over Rivers.

RIyankee
09-13-04, 08:22 AM

Rivers has to start first. Brees looked good against the Texans.

The saddest part of this season, is that I expect the Giants to rebulid this year and that's tough to do when your GM gives away a 2005 top 10 pick to SD, a team that was desparate to trade down and grab Rivers in the 2004 Draft. Thanks Ernie. &po'd&

NJ Fan
09-13-04, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by RIyankee

Rivers has to start first. Brees looked good against the Texans.

The saddest part of this season, is that I expect the Giants to rebulid this year and that's tough to do when your GM gives away a 2005 top 10 pick to SD, a team that was desparate to trade down and grab Rivers in the 2004 Draft. Thanks Ernie. &po'd&

I'm happy they went with Brees and, yes, he did do well. Rivers needs more time after holding-out. As far as giving up a pick, well, you never know how that will pan out until it happens. Remember San Diego traded two first round picks, a second round pick and Eric Metcalf so they could move up and select Ryan Leaf in the draft? :rolleyes:

Bring on the J-E-T-S.

Irascible Yankee Fan
09-13-04, 08:58 AM
It makes me sick that before last season started, we were considered a contender...we go 4-12.

Now, we suck and have no real hope...build for the future. I am no fan of the coach, and think we might be in for a repeat of the ray Hanley era. :barf: :barf:

RIyankee
09-13-04, 11:18 AM

I'm happy they went with Brees and, yes, he did do well. Rivers needs more time after holding-out. As far as giving up a pick, well, you never know how that will pan out until it happens. Remember San Diego traded two first round picks, a second round pick and Eric Metcalf so they could move up and select Ryan Leaf in the draft? :rolleyes:

Bring on the J-E-T-S.

I just think Accorsi could have made the same deal w/o giving up the Giants 2005 1st rounder.

YClipper5
09-13-04, 04:23 PM
I just think Accorsi could have made the same deal w/o giving up the Giants 2005 1st rounder.
If you absolutely must give up a 1st round pick to make the deal happen, you don't give up next year's pick when it is fairly certain you'll be a below .500 team. Give it up in 2-3 years when you've had some time to rebuild.

Accorsi has to take the hit on all of this. He simply hasn't stocked this team with much talent, especially on the defensive side of the ball. You can't be squandering 1st round picks when you've had difficulty procuring talent when you do use the pick.

TyWebb
09-13-04, 04:38 PM
Down the road, when Eli is mature, I think it will all be worth it. If he turns out to be a franchise QB, I'm not going to care about the first round picks it took to get him...Our 1st rounders always stink anyway! ;)

BroadwayBomber55
09-13-04, 04:52 PM
Did anyone see clean, booming hits on QB Eli Manning and P Jeff Feagles?

I mean, Eagles LB Jeremiah Trotter almost beheaded Jeff Feagles senseless and QB Eli Manning just got destroyed with under 20 seconds to go.

I was groaning when I saw those nasty hits.

I saw Tony Reali on Around the Horn and PTI talking about it with this question: Are you a man if you deck a QB or a punter?

Fair and income, a quarterback can get drilled and still bounce back up and a punter is the most vunerable player on the field and teams don't keep backup kickers and punters.

deranged2005
09-13-04, 05:50 PM
I doubt many defense would have stopped McNabb and Owens yesterday.

JeffWeaverFan
09-13-04, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by deranged2005
The Jets D could have;)

Look on the bright side, at least you'll get a high pick in the draft next season.... Oh wait, that was a part of the Eli trade...:evil:

NYYFAN
09-13-04, 06:57 PM
If you look at the 1st round QB busts of the last few years you would have to think twice about spending so much for a QB...look at the recent Superbowls...Brady, Jake, Brad Johnson, Gannon, Warner etc...

There are more Leafs than Elways...:D

NJ Fan
09-13-04, 07:35 PM
NYYFan-

I detest your football team but I LOVE your sig!!!http://www.realgm.com/boards/images/smiles/icon_mao.gif

TyWebb
09-13-04, 08:24 PM
If you look at the 1st round QB busts of the last few years you would have to think twice about spending so much for a QB...look at the recent Superbowls...Brady, Jake, Brad Johnson, Gannon, Warner etc...

There are more Leafs than Elways...:D

I'm glad they took a chance. I think Eli will be the real deal. And they must have thought he was *miles* ahead of the other Q's in the draft to give up so much....Go get 'em.

Rich
09-14-04, 01:00 AM

Yeah, by giving up their 2004 2nd round pick. The problem is that the OL is so bad that they needed Snee, who will be an All-Pro.

EdRuane
09-14-04, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by deranged2005

A defense playing man coverage may have had a shot.

Also a defense playing with a scheme that fit its personnel would be nice. We don't have the linebackers for a 3-4...

RIyankee
09-15-04, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Rich

Yeah, by giving up their 2004 2nd round pick. The problem is that the OL is so bad that they needed Snee, who will be an All-Pro.

You can always get guards. Look at the Patriots. If there was an NFL version of Moneyball, one of the "don'ts" would be to draft pure college guards. Instead, draft tackles and move them to guard. In college, coaches always move their more athletic OL to tackle. Talented guards usually get moved to center. If a T can't handle the position in the pros, you can almost always play him at guard like the Cards did with Leonard Davis. Centers almost always can be moved to guard (Damien Woody, LaCharles Bentley). If a highly drafted pure guard can't hack it in the NFL, you're in trouble. So, to trade a 2005 # 1 for the chance to draft a guard in the 2nd round would be IMO, moronic.

DaBomber25
09-15-04, 03:41 PM
The hit on Eli was sweet! :cool:

NJ Fan
09-15-04, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by DaBomber25

And may he experience many more just like that one!!!

http://www.realgm.com/boards/images/smiles/icon_allhelmet.gif

Rich
09-15-04, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by DaBomber25

Not cool.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-19-04, 06:31 PM
Wow. The Redskins must REALLY suck. That's what I like to see. Since I have no choice but to watch y'all every week, the least you could do was take care of business for me--props to the Giants for getting it done.

2JAY
09-19-04, 07:12 PM
As a longtime Cowboy fan, I couldn't agree more.

NYYFAN
10-04-04, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by yankeesrule2000

0-1...

Feel better

RIyankee
10-04-04, 02:34 PM
This thread should be closed. ;)

dabomb2045
10-04-04, 02:49 PM
the Giants have looked good the last 3 games....I expected my Jets to get off to a good start...but the Giants have been maybe the biggest surprise in the NFL thus far....I'll def be rooting for them next week to kick the crap out of Dallas....anything to make the "Emperor" God himself...the Traitor...Mr "I like to screw teams over" Bill Parcells is fine with me :)