PDA

View Full Version : Elway and Sanders in The Hall



SoCal Pinstriper
08-08-04, 05:12 PM
Great day for football. The greatest QB ever (yes I am a Bronco fan) and the most exciting RB I've ever seen go into the hall.

NYYFAN
08-08-04, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Socal Pinstriper
Great day for football. The greatest QB ever (yes I am a Bronco fan) and the most exciting RB I've ever seen go into the hall.

Elway was great, but not the greatest...

SoCal Pinstriper
08-08-04, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN


Elway was great, but not the greatest...
Reasonable arguments can be made for Montana, but do not even mention Dan Marino.;)

NYYFAN
08-08-04, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Socal Pinstriper

Reasonable arguments can be made for Montana, but do not even mention Dan Marino.;)

As much as Bradshaw is a Clown...he does have 4 Superbowl rings...

And Elway lost two?

SoCal Pinstriper
08-08-04, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN


As much as Bradshaw is a Clown...he does have 4 Superbowl rings...

And Elway lost two? Elway actually went to five and lost three. Do not, however, discount the monumental achievment of actually getting those three Dan Reeves teams to the Superbowl. Dan was no Bill Walsh.

#1PaFan
08-08-04, 06:54 PM
Do NOT let my Bro read what I'm about to type! :) :D

Elway, the Original Horse Toothed Jackass was an Awesome QB. Yeah, his teams lost three Super Bowls but he practically lifted those entire teams on his back to even get there. I give Mr. Teeth all the credit in the world. Those three pretenders of teams never even should have been given tickets to those particular SBs. He DID do it all.

He was an amazing QB. That Horse Toothed Jackass.


:gulp:

NYYFAN
08-08-04, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Socal Pinstriper
Elway actually went to five and lost three. Do not, however, discount the monumental achievment of actually getting those three Dan Reeves teams to the Superbowl. Dan was no Bill Walsh.

Thats why I had the question make, I wasn't sure how many he lost...after a couple they all blended together...

Great QB, but not the greatest...

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-09-04, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by NYYFAN


As much as Bradshaw is a Clown...he does have 4 Superbowl rings...


Bradshaw is in the same boat as Aikman--never really had a chance to show us all that they were great all by themselves and rack up miles of passing stats because the entire rest of the teams they played on were too, too good. The greatness of their respective RBs meant that they weren't having to make something from nothing on their own and pass the ball every down, hence why their stats are a step down from the likes of Marino and Elway, but I'm positive they'd both take their combined 7 rings over astronomical individual stats any day. We don't know if they could have/would have equaled Marino/Elway in that respect because they never had to.

That said, I loved watching Elway for basically my entire life (2nd favorite player of all-time, behind Aikman), and even though I wished it could have been the Cowboys winning those two rings, I got a huge kick out of seeing him get to go out on top. What a classy post by #1PaFan (well, as classy as I've ever seen George get :D ).

PettittesPrincess
08-09-04, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Socal Pinstriper

Reasonable arguments can be made for Montana, but do not even mention Dan Marino.;)


Joe is in my opinion the greatest...

Marino on the other hand :barf: what a choker.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-09-04, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by PettittesPrincess
Marino on the other hand :barf: what a choker.

as much as I never liked Marino, he never had the supporting cast. never. EVER. Can't blame him for that. He was in the same boat as the Elway who lost 3 Super Bowls before winning 2. Imagine if Dan had been able to play one year in his prime with pre-retirement Ricky Williams?

PettittesPrincess
08-09-04, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35


as much as I never liked Marino, he never had the supporting cast. never. EVER. Can't blame him for that. He was in the same boat as the Elway who lost 3 Super Bowls before winning 2. Imagine if Dan had been able to play one year in his prime with pre-retirement Ricky Williams?



I still think he would have sucked.

Buckeye Yank
08-09-04, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35


Bradshaw is in the same boat as Aikman--never really had a chance to show us all that they were great all by themselves and rack up miles of passing stats because the entire rest of the teams they played on were too, too good.

OMG......a PRO-Steelers comment from Natalie??? :eek: I'm impressed. :D Of course she wrote it at 2:15am so maybe she was under the influence?

Buckeye Yank
08-09-04, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Socal Pinstriper
Great day for football. The greatest QB ever (yes I am a Bronco fan) and the most exciting RB I've ever seen go into the hall.

By the way, I was there in person for the enshrinement. Great day! All the guys and their presenters gave great speaches but Elway and his daughter were probably the best and BY FAR the most popular. Fawcett Stadium felt like Mile High Stadium East.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-09-04, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye Yank


OMG......a PRO-Steelers comment from Natalie??? :eek: I'm impressed. :D Of course she wrote it at 2:15am so maybe she was under the influence?

NOT pro-Steelers... pro-Bradshaw (and Aikman). I know I should hate the guy--I hate the teams he played for, and I despise the franchise--but I never have. And besides, I recognize talent when I see it, unless it's wearing a Redskins uniform. Also, if you check my location, I'm in California right now=pacific time. :D

Yankee Bulldawg
08-09-04, 02:47 PM
Amen to one of the greatest ever QB's John Elway (yes i'm also a Broncos fan) being enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame :)

Buckeye Yank
08-09-04, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35

And besides, I recognize talent when I see it, unless it's wearing a Redskins uniform.

So I should root for the Bronco's tonight then Nat? ;) And I had forgotten about the summer migration West.

sanfranciscojetergirl
08-10-04, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by PettittesPrincess




I still think he would have sucked.


I disagree with you.

PettittesPrincess
08-12-04, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by sanfranciscojetergirl



I disagree with you.


super...

Detroit Sports Fan
08-13-04, 06:58 PM
Barry Sanders is by far the greatest running back of his time. I have been watching him play since i was 9 years old and nobody did what he did. If he had the team Emmitt Smith did he would have gained 2,000 yards every year. He never had the supporting cast that Emmitt did...

Gringaloca
08-14-04, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35


as much as I never liked Marino, he never had the supporting cast. never. EVER. Can't blame him for that. He was in the same boat as the Elway who lost 3 Super Bowls before winning 2. Imagine if Dan had been able to play one year in his prime with pre-retirement Ricky Williams?

You're kiddin' right?....:D Marino is in the HOF because of the "Marks Brothers'.....Clayton & Duper. Had it not been for their 'hands' he never would have reached the 61,000 Passing Yards, 420 TD passes, etc..

Marino handing off to Rickey Williams ......:lol: :lol: maybe....but Marino was sooo in love with his 'arm'.....no RB was gonna steal his thunder...
Plus they would've had to have a OF line.....which they have not had since the early 70's...and still don't..;)