PDA

View Full Version : 3rd annual Superbowl Prediction

NYYFAN
08-05-04, 09:17 PM
It's that time of year again. Please make your guesses before opening day...

New England vs Philly...

NE looks even better and Philly is due to get over the NFC hump...

New England wins...

But watch out for the Da Raiders...:D

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/image.php?u=1965&dateline=1091726650

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-05-04, 10:20 PM
Well, everyone on Best D*mn last night said the Cowboys are playoff-bound, with John Salley predicting a Super Bowl. Gives me a better excuse for my annual prediction of Dallas going all the way than that I want it to happen.

Dallas vs Denver :eek: Dallas wins. Vinny rides into the sunset on top of the game. :D

Philly is SO overrated this year.

TyWebb
08-05-04, 10:36 PM
Green Bay over Indy.

I'm a Giants fan, but I love Brett Favre and will never doubt him. I'm also hoping Sherman learned a thing ot two in the playoffs last year, and their young D will get it done by being more aggressive than last year.

And I agree with DaBoys4LifeNYY35, Phlly is overrated.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-05-04, 10:41 PM
I very nearly picked Indy in the AFC, too, but I don't know that their D is quite where it needs to be for that to happen yet. Improving in a hurry, but I don't know if it's there yet.

I firmly believe that Indy under Manning will reach the Big Game before Philly under McNabb ever does.

cubswin
08-05-04, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35
I very nearly picked Indy in the AFC, too, but I don't know that their D is quite where it needs to be for that to happen yet. Improving in a hurry, but I don't know if it's there yet.

I firmly believe that Indy under Manning will reach the Big Game before Philly under McNabb ever does.

Plus and Edgerrin who wants to play elsewhere? And did Indy even improve this offseason?

I don't see the Colts over the Pats. (Of course, I am biased...)

TyWebb
08-05-04, 11:16 PM

I don't know if Indy's D is good enough either, but I picked them because I trust Dungy and I think Manning is a heck of a QB. It's also a matchup I'd like to see in the big game. Oh, and I hate the Pats, so I couldn't pick them, Cubswin ;)

And DaBoys, Denver's always a good choice....I think I could rush for 1,000 yards under Mike Shanahan.

WebsterMulligan
08-05-04, 11:24 PM
New England over Dallas.

TyWebb
08-05-04, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by WebsterMulligan
New England over Dallas.

The Super Bowl I'm praying will never happen. :eek:

(Actually you can sub Philly or Washington for Dallas and it would be just as bad....but if any of them make it, at least give me an AFC team I can root for!)

NYYFAN
08-06-04, 12:08 AM
Dallas wont be going to the Superbowl with Vinny...

Shaun4013
08-06-04, 02:02 AM
Picking with my heart:

Giants Vs Patriots

Picking with my head:

Packers Vs Patriots

DeputyFife
08-06-04, 02:23 AM
Rematch same result.

ConnYanksFan
08-06-04, 02:58 PM
I am a Packers fan and people are writing off the Pack too soon.

Green Bay over New England- just like Super Bowl XXXI

uconnhoopz123
08-06-04, 03:12 PM
jets over eagles

El_Guapo34
08-06-04, 03:20 PM
Patriots over Eagles.

Going with the fairly obvious favorites, although I think Seattle has a good chance to surprise in the NFC.

SoCal Pinstriper
08-06-04, 04:30 PM
Packers vs. my Broncos rematch, but Farve gets revenge this time.

nahzo
08-06-04, 04:32 PM
Green Bay over Indy.

In a perfect world, Indy would have D. :(

JeffWeaverFan
08-07-04, 11:23 AM
Jets over Panthers.

Philly isn't going to be as great as everyone thinks they will be and Dallas isn't going far with Vinny as their QB.

TripleG23
08-07-04, 11:28 AM
NE over Washington

I will make another pick at the end of preseason and it will probably be totally different. :D

-Triple G

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-07-04, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by TripleG23
NE over Washington
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: &po'd& :enraged: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

well... at least you don't have them winning. :barf:

JDPNYY
08-07-04, 02:31 PM
Dallas defeats New England

The teacher beats his prize pupil.

yankeesfaninaz
08-07-04, 11:11 PM
Anybody but the cowboys and cardinals. the cardinals won't do anything anyway so why should I even bother mentioning them. I just hope the Jets or the Giants would make the Super Bowl, maybe even against each other. That would be nice.

NYYFAN
08-08-04, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by yankeesfaninaz
Anybody but the cowboys and cardinals. the cardinals won't do anything anyway so why should I even bother mentioning them. I just hope the Jets or the Giants would make the Super Bowl, maybe even against each other. That would be nice.

The Giants have a terrible offensive line...and without one they are done. Warner will be running or fumbling for his life most of the time...

Jets have a realistic chance...

Yankee Bulldawg
08-08-04, 09:05 AM
Broncos vs. Redskins is my Superbowl prediction

Banquo's Ghost
08-08-04, 10:24 AM
Patriots over Packers

#1PaFan
08-08-04, 06:03 PM
I type this with a LOT of trepidation:

The New England Patriots vs. The Green Bay Packers.

In a perfect scenario, MY Pack win 38-24. Brett Favre wins the MVP of the Season and the Super Bowl. TitleTown gets #13. :gulp:

Go Pack Go!!!

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-09-04, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by NYYFAN

The Giants have a terrible offensive line...and without one they are done. Warner will be running or fumbling for his life most of the time...

Exactly! This is why I laughed out loud when I heard his interview on SportsCenter last week and he said he wants to win another Super Bowl this season. Sure, "defense wins championships", but EVERYTHING is for naught without a very solid o-line (not that the Giants have much of a defense either). He'll be lucky to make it through week 5 without getting his thumb re-broken by Roy Williams, just like he did 2 years ago. Eli better be ready by then.

IncredibleByNature
08-09-04, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by nahzo

In a perfect world, Indy would have D. :(

It's been getting better every season, but like others, I don't believe it is where it needs to be to win it all, just yet. We shall see though.

If I see Peyton, Edge, Marv, Vandy, etc. win just one Superbowl under TD, I'll be happy. :) The more the better of course though. ;)

GO COLTS!!!

TyWebb
08-09-04, 09:59 AM

Exactly! This is why I laughed out loud when I heard his interview on SportsCenter last week and he said he wants to win another Super Bowl this season. Sure, "defense wins championships", but EVERYTHING is for naught without a very solid o-line (not that the Giants have much of a defense either). He'll be lucky to make it through week 5 without getting his thumb re-broken by Roy Williams, just like he did 2 years ago. Eli better be ready by then.

Hey DaBoys:

Careful what you say about Big Blue. They just might surprise you.

I see them marching down to Dallas at 3-1, riding home 4-1.

Getting rid of Fassel will make all the difference in the world.

(I hope)

Mr. Maddux
08-10-04, 01:04 PM
Hmm.......

I'd pick New England over.....New Orelans!?

The NFL is just so unpredictable. If NO actually played the full 16 game schedule, they could make a good run through the playoffs, similar to Carolina and Tampa Bay two years ago.

The safe pick is New England over Philly, 42-27.

Up-State
08-11-04, 07:43 PM
Colts over G-men

Soriambi
08-11-04, 10:19 PM
The Jets over the Cowboys.

I haven't picked against the Jets since I've been born, so why start now? :D

I'll let the Cowboys get there because I like Parcells, and the Cowboys are probably my favorite NFC team as long as they have him-even though they don't come anywhere near the Jets on the favorite-team-o-meter.

Looie #19
08-13-04, 06:56 PM
Jags over Redskins.

BlitzYankee
08-14-04, 06:54 AM
Dalls over New england

Hey I can hope :D

JDPNYY
08-14-04, 08:32 AM
Headline (2/7/05)

Former Yankee Ultra Third Base Blue Chip Prospect Can't Miss Third Baseman Superstar of the Future - Drew Henson out duels last year's MVP Tom Brady for the Championship.

:D

RIyankee
08-16-04, 02:40 PM
:eek: Ravens over the Seahawks. :eek:

Let no one accuse me of being a homer.

Where's pacewon??? I'm sure Dolphinboy is excited about the upcoming season. :evil:

NYYFAN
08-17-04, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by RIyankee

Where's pacewon??? I'm sure Dolphinboy is excited about the upcoming season. :evil:

Pace is on suicide watch...and heavily sedated...:p

DaBomber25
08-20-04, 11:55 AM
I'm gonna go with New England over Green Bay w/Dillon as the MVP of the Super Bowl. Booya!

YankyDave
08-23-04, 03:35 PM
Okay, for all of you who picked Dallas to be in the Super Bowl......step away from the bong. They'll be lucky to win 8 games this year.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-23-04, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by YankyDave
Okay, for all of you who picked Dallas to be in the Super Bowl......step away from the bong. They'll be lucky to win 8 games this year.

Arlington, Virginia... hmm... you're not some kind of REDSKINS FAN are you?! bxny is already 1 too many on this board. ;) :mad: :O

#1PaFan
08-23-04, 05:57 PM

Arlington, Virginia... hmm... you're not some kind of REDSKINS FAN are you?! bxny is already 1 too many on this board. ;) :mad: :O

Hey, I'm a Redskins fan. For two weeks of the season, anyway!!! :D

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-23-04, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan

Hey, I'm a Redskins fan. For two weeks of the season, anyway!!! :D

On the same note, on Halloween, I will have to be a fan of Vicodin Man and his Cheeseboys! :barf: For the 3-4 hours it will take to play that game and those 3-4 hours only!

WebsterMulligan
08-24-04, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by DaBomber25
I'm gonna go with New England over Green Bay w/Dillon as the MVP of the Super Bowl. Booya!

Yeah! Some payback for the Desmond Howard game would be nice.

#1PaFan
08-24-04, 12:42 AM

On the same note, on Halloween, I will have to be a fan of Vicodin Man and his Cheeseboys!

Well, it's a start!!! Hopefully, you're beginning to see the error of your ways. Give your heart to the Green & Gold! Get rid of the tainted star.

GO PACK GO!!!

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-24-04, 02:21 AM

Well, it's a start!!! Hopefully, you're beginning to see the error of your ways. Give your heart to the Green & Gold! Get rid of the tainted star.

GO PACK GO!!!

No it isn't. If they're so wrong, I don't want to be right. NEVER! It's not tainted, it's GLORIOUS.

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

I'm not Keith Richards; I can't change my blood. Blue and silver through and through... even during the Ryan Leaf games!!! :gulp:

#1PaFan
08-24-04, 01:56 PM
Ever see an aerial shot of Texas Stadium? It kind of looks like a toilet. Coincidence?? I think not! :lol: :badass:

#1PaFan
08-24-04, 02:04 PM
Here ya go:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-24-04, 02:19 PM
Here ya go:

:lol: But you can do that for almost any stadium that resembles ours. I went there last year, and I loved it. It was like reaching the Promised Land. And I LOVE the hole in our roof! Gives the place personality. :)

Nice try. :gulp:

#1PaFan
08-24-04, 07:02 PM

:lol: But you can do that for almost any stadium that resembles ours. I went there last year, and I loved it. It was like reaching the Promised Land. And I LOVE the hole in our roof! Gives the place personality. :)

Nice try. :gulp:

Hey Nat, how many other Stadiums look like an architectural disaster?? It's like they ran out of money so they just left a big, stupid hole in the roof. :lol:

Between your boyfriend and me, you're going to start cheering for a CLASSY organization for a change. You're far too intelligent to waste your loyalty on South America's Team. Drug running Felons, molesters, gun-waving simpletons, and a motley assortment of ne'er-do-wells, punks, and jackasses...

The Green & Gold is calling!!! Answer the call!!! You will be accepted with open arms. You will be forgiven for the Foolishness of your Youth. You will learn the brilliance of Lombardi. You will learn to leave the stupidity of Mr. Jones behind! No more tainted, tarnished stars!!!

Take that step, Natalie!!! The TWELVE World Championships of the Green & Gold is Calling YOU!!!

The Mighty Packers have a place reserved for you, Natalie. :gulp:

Buckeye Yank
09-07-04, 09:03 AM

The Mighty Packers have a place reserved for you, Natalie. :gulp:

Sorry George but Natalie's WAY too hot to be wearing THOSE colors! Sure, she'd make them look good but think she'd look much better in BLACK (with gold of course)!!! ;) :D

Buckeye Yank
09-08-04, 12:04 PM
By the way, my picks are Seattle vs Indy. Yes I know it's crazy. New England vs Carolina is what I think should happen.....but what are the odds of both teams staying healty and repeating. I had a tough decision with Seattle. My other choice was Philly.

REDSOXIN2004
09-08-04, 07:11 PM
seattle still has a year or 2 to go before they can get there. NE for sure. Maybe baltimore. KC needs more D. I can definitely see philly or carolina

patrick.o
09-08-04, 08:29 PM
I'll go one step further and predict the Championships Games, too.

NFC - Philly makes it to a 4th straight Championship Game and loses yet again, this time in Seattle. Philly fans burn Andy Reid in effigy.

AFC - Indy rattles off points like mad but Tony Dungee and Peyton Manning are left with that 'not again' look on their faces as KC wins the shootout.

SuperBowl - Mike Holmgren regains his stature as a big time coach by leading the Seahawks to the SuperBowl, where they get crushed by the high flying Chiefs. Dick Vermeil cries, retires, cries again, comes back for another year, cries some more.

patrick.o
09-08-04, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by TyWebb
Hey DaBoys:

I'm a Giants fan, but at a time like this all I can do is quote an old song...

Don't bogart that joint, my friend,
pass it over here

With a porous defense, terrible o-line, a tumultous kicker situation, and two QBs new to the team, if Big Blue goes to Dallas 2-2 I'll be estatic. If they go there 3-1 I'll take it as a sign that Ernie Acorsi and Tom Coughlin are the sons of God.

bxny
09-09-04, 02:43 AM
Colts over Vikings

YanksForLife
09-09-04, 11:19 AM
Eagles over Pats

NYYFAN
09-09-04, 11:09 PM
First NFL game is over...predictions closed...

patrick.o
10-03-04, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by TyWebb

Hey DaBoys:

Getting rid of Fassel will make all the difference in the world.

(I hope)
First, I retract my previous post. Second, I bow down before you and acknowledge your superior knowledge and wisdom.

Go BLUE!

NYYFAN
01-16-05, 07:09 PM
Bumping this up for those who made pre season picks this year...

dabomb2045
01-16-05, 07:38 PM
unfortunately its gonna be Philly-New England....which will in my book be the worst SB ever....and I promise you I will not watch one second of it

#1PaFan
01-16-05, 08:52 PM
unfortunately its gonna be Philly-New England....which will in my book be the worst SB ever....and I promise you I will not watch one second of it

COOL!!!! I'll drink YOUR beer then, Loser!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

nhyankeefan
01-16-05, 09:55 PM
It will be Pats - Falcons. Pats winning a close game.

This sucks, I really want to watch SC to see high lights of the game, but they have an interview with Bloody Sock tonight and I'd rather eat fecal matter than listen to him again. Every time I turn to ESPN I see another promo for the interview.

WakefieldsKnuckler49
01-16-05, 10:29 PM

This is exactly what people said of St. Louis/NE and Carolina/NE. Although I wouldn't mind a laid back blowout Super Bowl for once...as long as muh Pats emerge on top.

Buckeye Yank
01-17-05, 09:41 AM
I think the AFC wins regardless of who goes.

Casey37
01-17-05, 10:07 AM
Enough of this Patriots garbage, time to give someone else a shot at it.

I'd love to see the Falcons win it against the Steelers.

RIyankee
01-17-05, 10:21 AM

Heh, Heh!!!

Updated prediction:

New England 38
Atlanta 13

BTW I hope pace is OK. :dunno:

Jody
01-17-05, 07:03 PM
Eagles v. Steelers or Eagles v. Pats. Eagles win either way.

Irony Of It All
01-17-05, 07:20 PM
Heh, Heh!!!

BTW I hope pace is OK. :dunno:

He was banned (like others) because he was friends with one of the best posters here - who also got banned. Don't worry, he's fine.

Kulish29
01-17-05, 10:24 PM
Falcons vs. Steelers.

Steelers win.

Espinosa's Glasses
01-18-05, 02:35 PM
I am a betting man.
I will be taking the Pennsylvania Parlay.
Eagles giving the points
and the Steelers on the moneyline.

Thank you.

NYYFAN
01-24-05, 07:30 AM

New England vs Philly...

New England wins...

Correct o mundo... :D

Except the Raider part...:lol:

#1PaFan
01-24-05, 08:18 AM
Correct o mundo... :D

Except the Raider part...:lol:

Holy Crap, Batman!!!

That twisted jackass Al Davis should hire you, Bro!!! Good job! You're not nearly as dumb as most of the folks that PM'd me this past year thought you were!!!!

This is to YOU, Bro!!! :gulp: (this is a beer, a beverage with alcohol in it)

NYYFAN
01-24-05, 12:28 PM
Holy Crap, Batman!!!

That twisted jackass Al Davis should hire you, Bro!!! Good job! You're not nearly as dumb as most of the folks that PM'd me this past year thought you were!!!!

This is to YOU, Bro!!! :gulp: (this is a beer, a beverage with alcohol in it)

Wow!! THanks!!!

Duly noted drunken Grey Bay fan sarcasm...

Still bitter about the Vqueens winning a playoff game in Grey Bay? :lol:

Kulish29
01-24-05, 12:54 PM
I dont like the Pats and I DESPISE the Eagles.

F' this Super Bowl. I'm going snowboarding.

NYYFAN
02-07-05, 12:26 PM

New England vs Philly...

New England wins...

A final bump to the 2004-2005 preseason Superbowl picks..