PDA

View Full Version : Tim Brown Released

nahzo
08-05-04, 01:54 AM
This was all over ESPN today, and I'm kinda surprised it didn't end up here already. I think it's a sad ending to a great career for the Raiders. I wonder where he'll end up next... Supposedly Davis said there were some inqueries about Brown, but for whatever reason, I kinda doubt it. But, I guess it will be interesting to see where he winds up.

ESPN's AP report:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1852152

cubswin
08-05-04, 02:31 AM
love to see him with the Pats, but not a real fit, I don't think, #s-wise

SoCal Pinstriper
08-05-04, 02:43 AM
As a Bronco fan, all I can say is, "Hope that you end up in the CFL". Timmy killed us for years, and has my ultimate respect.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-05-04, 09:41 AM
Hate the Raiders, love Tim Brown. The other day, while I was thinking about this, remembering his age, off the top of my head I thought, "Hey, he's an older guy, he can always play for the Raiders... oh wait."

I don't think he's done yet. His sorry numbers last season were a product of dismal team performance all the way around, in my opinion. Should be interesting to see where, if anywhere, he ends up.

JeffWeaverFan
08-05-04, 10:27 AM
This was a move that the Raiders had to make and should have made before last season. I think it might be time for Tim to call it quits.

NYYFAN
08-05-04, 08:54 PM
As a Raider fan I'm glad hes gone. Rumor has it Denver might be interested. He was a big mouth, and an instigator...

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/image.php?u=1965&dateline=1091726650[/url]

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-10-04, 01:55 PM
Reunited with Gruden.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1856293

PinstripePride
08-10-04, 01:58 PM
Gonna be weird seeing him in a Bucs uniform. He shouldn't have too much of an impact on the team though.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
08-10-04, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by PinstripePride
Gonna be weird seeing him in a Bucs uniform. He shouldn't have too much of an impact on the team though.

I dunno... what with Keyshawn gone, Jurevicious undergoing surgery, and McCardell holding out, Brown should at least get a CHANCE to show he's still got it. I know the Bucs are pleased with rookie Michael Clayton, but surely Brown can be better than Joey Galloway--a fast dude, but small and lazy? He will not be the 4th or 5th receiver on this team like Davis wanted him to be in Oakland, so he's entered into what is potentially a great situation for himself this year.

PinstripePride
08-11-04, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35

I dunno... what with Keyshawn gone, Jurevicious undergoing surgery, and McCardell holding out, Brown should at least get a CHANCE to show he's still got it. I know the Bucs are pleased with rookie Michael Clayton, but surely Brown can be better than Joey Galloway--a fast dude, but small and lazy? He will not be the 4th or 5th receiver on this team like Davis wanted him to be in Oakland, so he's entered into what is potentially a great situation for himself this year.

You're right. I forgot about Jurevicious, McCardell. A guy on PTI last night says he thinks he'll have more receptions than Jerry Rice this year.

NYYFAN
08-11-04, 10:19 PM
At least hes in a pirate uniform...