PDA

View Full Version : anatomy of a dumb coach...

Ansky39
04-01-01, 10:02 PM
...one who decides to start a 6'7" vertically challenged, chronically hobled SMALL forward against only the most dominant SEVEN FOOT, THREE HUNDRED POUND center in the history of the game...

van dumbass strikes again... fortunately his BRILLIANT lj on shaq strategy backfired since lj had to sit due to quick foul trouble...

whatta genius this guy is... this after witnessing oposing power forwards torch us over the last 3-4 games ever since lj the HOBBLED, VERTICALLY CHALLENGED, SMALL forward got back into the starting lineup... what's the thought pattern there????

#1PaFan
04-01-01, 10:11 PM
Well hey Kurt, the Knicks won right?

I didn't see it but it must have been an exciting, if ugly (by the score) game.

I find few things as sweet as a Laker loss. :)

Eddie160
04-01-01, 10:27 PM
the game was very ugly the Knicks didn't win they just failed to lose..........

Ansky39
04-02-01, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Eddie160
the game was very ugly the Knicks didn't win they just failed to lose..........

yeah that about sums it up... but bein a knicks fan, you gotta know, it's either gonna be an ugly win or an uglier loss... just keep the tums handy and try not to hurt the tv...

CJM
04-02-01, 06:55 AM
I agree,I don't understand VanGundy's pig headedness about starting LJ.LJ is a shell of a shell of his former self.

CJM
04-02-01, 06:57 AM
BTW,Wilt Chamberlain was the most dominant center in the history of the game.

Nome
04-02-01, 07:40 AM
Well George Mikan was dominent is his era and Kareem Jabbar in his.

There is so much difference in eras that it is impossible to pick out the most dominent for the era in which a player played. That said, Chamberlain could do anything he wanted except hit free throws.

MAFIA
04-02-01, 08:50 AM
SAME W/ RUSSELL, he was as quick as a cat, and probaley the greatest defensive center of basketball time's. VANGUNDY is a very good coach, this team is gonna shock people.

CJM
04-02-01, 01:21 PM
While it is true that all eras are different,nobody has ever put up numbers that even come close to Chamberlains.This is a guy who averaged over 50 points and 25 rebounds a game,while playing 48.5 minutes a game in one season.

So if the question is what center dominated his era most completely,it has to be Chamberlain.IMHO of course.

rock
04-08-01, 02:40 AM
Looks like Van Gundy is slowly learning his lesson about LJ who should retire already.

b-ball-lunachick
04-08-01, 11:38 AM
I love Jeff Van Gundy, but I have to wonder why he won't just pull the plug on LJ already...I'm a 5'4" woman who was never particulary great in basketball (much better in other sports), yet I'm beginning to think I can contribute more than LJ at this point...

Eddie160
04-08-01, 07:51 PM
I think the players just intimidate him yeah thats it he's scared of them so he plays them