PDA

View Full Version : Scott Seabol

YankeePride1967
04-01-01, 11:54 AM
I saw him play for Norwich several times last year and it's great for the kid to get the opportunity to be on the opening day roster.

Ct.Fan
04-01-01, 01:19 PM
Tell us more about him? Where does he fit in the long term plan?

1TonHumanHamsterWheel
04-01-01, 01:44 PM
I saw him in Columbus as well. He primarily plays 3B so he could fill in for Sco-Bro if he's tired or not hitting. I don't know where he fits long-term because of Morales and Henson however.

CTYANKEE
04-01-01, 04:25 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe he got some work in this spring at 1B.

will75
04-01-01, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by 1TonHumanHamsterWheel
I saw him in Columbus as well. He primarily plays 3B so he could fill in for Sco-Bro if he's tired or not hitting. I don't know where he fits long-term because of Morales and Henson however.

" Sco-Bro if he's tired or not hitting."

haha He can't get tired from hitting because he usually only has to just run to 1st and then go sit back down. Maybe he's not in shape anymore because he isn't used to going past 1st? I mean maybe all that running the year when he had the high average may of wore him out.It's like

"Damn i am tired ,Now i know why i hit .240 " " so i don't get tired!" "Attrocious was quoted saying"

Will

Butnud
04-01-01, 04:36 PM
Yeah I need pics and stats on this guy!

YankeePride1967
04-01-01, 05:19 PM
When I saw him in Norwich he was playing 2B as Henson was at third. I am not sure what his long term potential is, but I think he has some potential. He has decent power. What could help him is that he does play more than one position.

Ct.Fan
04-01-01, 05:39 PM
He sounds like a guy that could figure in a mid-season trade deal if the Yanks discover a need to make a move.

YankFan36
04-01-01, 07:15 PM
I know he had a very good year at Norwich last year, .296 average with 20 home runs and 45 doubles...

I think he can play all infield positions, perhaps not shortstop.

longtimeyankeefan
04-01-01, 07:30 PM
Scott is slated to move to the OF at Columbus this season, with Henson and Morales for the 3B position.

The Yankees thought enough of Seabol to protect him in the Rule V draft this past winter - with his time at 2B, 3B and now in the OF, he may become a Bellinger, hopefully with a better bat.

allybear
04-01-01, 08:49 PM
Excellent - being versatile never hurt, and hopefully, this year they will be able to decide what position he will play in the future.

MrJack
04-01-01, 09:43 PM
Scott Seabol is on my "A" list......When the Yanks played KC in Haines City a few weeks ago, he threw a ball to my son......Am I a whore or what?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eddie160
04-02-01, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Ct.Fan
He sounds like a guy that could figure in a mid-season trade deal if the Yanks discover a need to make a move.

thats what will probably happen