PDA

View Full Version : Dodger's Pen is the benchmark

buntsalot2
06-19-04, 10:13 AM
You have to respect the way they demolished us last nite. That is what we have to aim for. Dominance. Very impressive display. Has Mo got any brothers? Sisters?

JDPNYY
06-19-04, 10:15 AM
I'm pretty sure that if the Yankees had a three run lead in the 8th, Flash & Mo might have found some way to hold on to the lead.

buntsalot2
06-19-04, 10:33 AM
true, but our offense IMO is much superior to theirs and their pen kayoed it easily. Or, we wimped out after too much tequila between innings. No, the Dodgers showed us up good. Real good. Now is the time to focus and not be bullied like that again. It wasn't our pen vs. theirs last nite because we let their offense have Heredia, but our offense puckered up their sphincters and didn't do the job, didn't meet the challenge. Gagne is awesome. Maybe when he turns 40 we will get him.

-tz
06-19-04, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by buntsalot2
You have to respect the way they demolished us last nite. That is what we have to aim for. Dominance. Very impressive display. Has Mo got any brothers? Sisters? Maybe his sister could throw a "dominant" knuckleball! :lol:

ChewieTobbacca
06-19-04, 11:02 AM
I remember Wade Boggs throwing a pretty dominant knuckleball :lol:

WebsterMulligan
06-19-04, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by JDPNYY
I'm pretty sure that if the Yankees had a three run lead in the 8th, Flash & Mo might have found some way to hold on to the lead.
I completely agree. I think the results would have been pretty much the same, had the Yanks been up 3.