PDA

View Full Version : Nfl

gehrigs_girl
03-26-01, 07:38 PM
:)
Hey, peeps, which is yer favorite NFL team, and why?

(Everybody BE NICE, now!)

Mine happens to be the Chicago Bears, although I've never been to Chi-town... I just got on the bandwagon in '85, and I've never looked back. With a history as rich as that of the New York Yankees, I became enamored with them, and in spite of some sucky years and some really bungleous (great word,eh?) management moves, I am still a fan, and always will be. I tend to lean toward Minnesota & Green Bay somewhat, too, mostly because they're in the same division, and if MY team can't pull it off, I tend to be a loyalist to my division.

Anyhow, there's my dopey girly opinion, let's hear some others!
(This should open up some cans o' worms!) :D

(I don't know how this'll fly with only 10 options allowed to a poll...)

gsars5
03-26-01, 07:45 PM
RAIDERS RULE!!!! Why...cause the wife says so. :lol:

gehrigs_girl
03-26-01, 07:47 PM
...I wasn't being partial or anything here, I'm just new to this poll setup thing, and with the exception of the first 3 teams (okay,4, but in spite of my allegiance to the NFC Central, I do not like Detroit), I pretty much pulled names out of my hat. I realize some of your picks may not be here, so what ya wanna do in that case, is POST ANOTHER POLL so that those who got left out here won't be excluded! Then, let's gather ALL the data as we go along, and see what the general consensus becomes!

Not a terribly scientific way to take a poll, I know... but it oughtta be fun! :)

gehrigs_girl
03-26-01, 07:52 PM
Thanks for jumping in right away, dude! That's what I'm hopin' ta see here, this oughtta be fun!!!
(Won't say what I think of the Raiders, though , since I asked everyone else to be nice!) I'm from Cal, but I don't care for the Raiders (or any Cal NFL team) myself. Had an absolute ball at a preseason Raiders/Bears game several years back though! We sat on the Raiders side w/ a bunch of Raider fans we came with and the Bears won the game! (We ALMOST didn't have a ride home that day!!) It was a lotta FUN!!

patrick.o
03-26-01, 10:29 PM
The defending NFC Champion New York Giants.

I grew up in Maine, where frankly there are only two sports of any interest: hockey and baseball. I moved to CT in 85 and discovered football, and Phil Simms, and LT, and Mark Bavaro, and Bill Parcells were all guys I wanted to be like, champions in mind, body, and spirit.
I've since had the pleasure of three SuperBowl appearances and two SuperBowl Championships.

GO GIANTS!!!

CJM
03-27-01, 02:21 AM
J E T S

#1PaFan
03-27-01, 04:45 AM
The twelve time champion Green Bay Packers! Hey, I'm not just a fan, I'm an owner! :)

orangemom
03-27-01, 10:36 AM
I bleed Giants blue! Why? I like tough, hard nosed defensive style they have always played. I married the nicest man in the world, so I like my sports teams MEAN! :) LT was the meanest of the mean! Man I loved him! :D

Teak
03-27-01, 10:47 AM
New York Giants

Up-State
03-27-01, 11:30 AM
GIANTS fan since mid '80's(i think?). My brother is a Giants fan, so thats how i came to like the Giants. I would go to his house and watch games on sundays, then he would drop me off at school the next morning. Boy, that brings back some good memories.

MrJack
03-28-01, 08:56 AM
I'm a JETS fan since before the AFL / NFL merger.

YanKsWo
03-28-01, 04:09 PM
Go Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie160
03-31-01, 10:25 PM
My team is The Giants why ? Because it was the first team I wached in football besides they represent my home town the only team that I cheer for thats not out of the NY area is the Florida Gators . Go Yankees ,Giants and Knicks I don't have a hockey team because I don't like hockey but if I did it would probably be the rangers.

jojos_2
04-12-01, 05:49 PM
My team isn't on there. I am a true-blue Indy Colts fan! I love Peyton Manning! :D

rock
04-13-01, 03:01 AM
I'm a big Giants fan and also love Tiki Barber. Next year will be a lot tougher.

Lefty Gomez
04-13-01, 08:18 AM
The Philadelphia Eagles - my brother lives near Philly and I follow them too. We go to a game each year. Last year, standing in the Porta-Potty line at the Vet, I was mistaken for Sixers owner Pat Croce (now that's a good story I'll save for another time :lol: ).

E-A-G-L-E-S GO EAGLES!!!

Markus
04-13-01, 01:49 PM
Big Bad Buffalo Bills

Stop laughing!

deppgirl66
04-13-01, 03:40 PM
Markus I would never laugh at someone because of their sports team. God knows, I get enough of that from loving the Yanks - baseball fans are a rare breed in England.

I support the Giants and I have no idea why. It was probably because they won the first American Football game I ever saw on tv.

And y'know sth awful. Becasue of the time difference I couldn't watch the Superbowl as I had school the next day. So naturally I taped it thinking I could easily get through the day without hearing the scores. What happens???? My best friend told me we lost!!!! I could have killed her!!!! That tape was the only thing that was going to get me through the day of school!!!

orangemom
04-13-01, 04:15 PM
As a staunch Giants fan, all I can say about the Superbowl is you're better off not having seen it AT ALL. :(

b-ball-lunachick
04-14-01, 10:55 AM
Giants fan since I was about 10...Lots of football fights in my house growing up with one brother a Jet fan and the other brother a Giant fan...my oldest brother was the Giant fan, and I idolized him, so I would sit and watch the games with him on Sundays and learned about the game (I was allowed as long as I didn't talk too much or ask too many questions...and you never asked a question at the wrong time! ;) ) and like Orangemom -- loved to watch LT play and wonder how the other teams were going to adjust for that one dominant player each game....he was the best!!

Samson
04-14-01, 11:02 AM
Hey, I feel slighted. How come my STEELERS aren't on the poll? GO STEELERS> But they do need to make some changes. The Cowher/Stewart affair needs rethought.

Slippery Elm
04-14-01, 07:37 PM
I'm not enough of a masochist to keep rooting for the Jets. So now it's the Giants for me.

Actually, I'm strange in that I like both NY teams

Giants do have a killer schedule this year.

FaThEaD
04-15-01, 06:44 PM
J-E-T-S
jets jets jets

take santana moss with the 19th pick
youll be sorry if you dont!!!!

bagger015
04-20-01, 10:50 PM
"BIG BLUE" :)
Actually I have two. Big Blue and whoever is playing against
Dallas. :lol:

gehrigs_girl
05-03-01, 11:50 PM
Swell! I guess the lone Packers fan & I will hafta get together & have a party... it is quite obvious to me that the crowd here at b-b.com is predominantly native New Yorkers...hmmm? :)

1TonHumanHamsterWheel
05-04-01, 09:57 PM
J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
But the Giants are my favorite NFC team.

2JAY
05-04-01, 10:56 PM
The Dallas Cowboys. I have been a fan since 1969 and as a kid, my favorite was Roger Staubach. For a class project, I wrote him a letter and he sent back an Autographed photo.Plus how can you dislike that big blue star on their helmets?

Gator
05-07-01, 01:23 AM
How come the greatest NFL team of all time, the San Francisco 49ers, aren't on this list?

allybear
05-07-01, 12:53 PM
J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets!!! I can't believe it took me this long to get to this, but as our friendly web servant knows, I am a true-green Jets fan!

Although I did have a soft spot for the Cowboys back in the Staubach days, I haven't been able to root for them since they pushed Landry out the door.

So now it's Jets all the way! :)

Yanks4eva1
05-07-01, 02:45 PM
Allybear - I was a Cowboys fan too! I had the opportunity to meet Tom Landry back in the early 90's, I think it was 1992. My mom and I got his autograph and he was very gracious and kind.

But I'm a Jets fan now also... J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets. Their new coach is a no-nonsense kind of guy - a player's coach - from what I hear.

Ansky39
05-08-01, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by CJM
J E T S

sucks sucks sucks!!! http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/realhappy/mhihi.gif

(sorry gehrigs girl i just couldn't resist ;) )

Ansky39
05-08-01, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by orangemom
I bleed Giants blue! Why? I like tough, hard nosed defensive style they have always played.

that's my ma...

Ansky39
05-08-01, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by YanKsWo
Go Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah go home... back to shea...

uconnhoopz123
12-23-03, 06:59 PM
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

uconnhoopz123
12-23-03, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by 1TonHumanHamsterWheel
J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
But the Giants are my favorite NFC team. thats odd giants and jets

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
12-25-03, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by uconnhoopz123
thats odd giants and jets

Cowboys FOR LIFE y'all. Just a question... with New Yorkers, is being a Giants or Jets fan mutually exclusive in general? Curious, since I live in Jersey now. Lakers and Clips is the same deal in Cali where I'm from-- lots of people like both.

To the one who posted the poll, how does rooting for the Packers and Vikes work for a Bears fan? I DESPISE the Redskins and Eagles... DESPISE. McNabb makes my blood boil, and I'll NEVER forgive Arrington for ending my Troy's career. Giants? Well... let's just say they have a lot of good, tough guys on that team, and I've been rooting for Shockey for years, but I could never see myself actually pulling for anyone else in the NFC East EVER!!!

Looie #19
12-25-03, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35
Just a question... with New Yorkers, is being a Giants or Jets fan mutually exclusive in general? Curious, since I live in Jersey now.

To some, it's Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers - everyone else gets the leftovers, Mets, Jets, Nets, Isles.

ladyleo
12-26-03, 10:34 PM
New England Patriots--another team that didn't make the list. I've been following them since the first started playing in the AFL.

But before then, I was a Giants fan. Growing up in pre-AFL New England, we saw a lot of the Giants and Y.A. Tittle on Sunday afternoons.

For those few fans who voted for the Redskins, you have my sympathy.

Blind_Umpire
12-31-03, 01:36 PM
I love my Big Blue. Why you ask? They represent NY, as do the Jets, and frankly, you have to start rooting for a team at some point, and they just happen to be it. Not to mention, I love LT, and can't stand the f-ing Eagles!

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
01-01-04, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Blind_Umpire
I love my Big Blue. Why you ask? They represent NY, as do the Jets, and frankly, you have to start rooting for a team at some point, and they just happen to be it. Not to mention, I love LT, and can't stand the f-ing Eagles!

ditto on the eagles, and their fans (but the same goes for the redskins, only x100). but i'm being honest when i say, especially after experiencing giants stadium as a fan of the opposition, giants fans seem to be good people. i hate the eagles and 'skins enough to cover for that.

Blind_Umpire
01-01-04, 11:57 PM

ditto on the eagles, and their fans (but the same goes for the redskins, only x100). but i'm being honest when i say, especially after experiencing giants stadium as a fan of the opposition, giants fans seem to be good people. i hate the eagles and 'skins enough to cover for that.

Me, too, but let's not forget "Da 'Boys"...oh, and their fans too, only 1,000X more than the rest..:P ;)

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
01-02-04, 03:11 AM

Me, too, but let's not forget "Da 'Boys"...oh, and their fans too, only 1,000X more than the rest..:P ;)

Horrible! :eek: ;)

On the subway on the way back from an alcs game I was talking to some dude who was razzing me over my Cowboys sweatshirt, and apparently, you Giants types don't REALLY hate da 'Boys... like a friendly hatred if that's possible. When I went to Giants Stadium last season for the Cowboys game these 2 guys even were nice enough to offer to deliver me from my 300-level misery and bring me down to field level. Y'all don't really hate us, right? Like in theory, I hate the G-men, but not really... let's just say, even though I've dug the guy forever, if Shockey were a Redskin, I'd hate him, and it would be personal.

thecaptain
01-02-04, 10:56 AM
Big Blue.. :(

Blind_Umpire
01-02-04, 11:48 AM

Horrible! :eek: ;)

On the subway on the way back from an alcs game I was talking to some dude who was razzing me over my Cowboys sweatshirt, and apparently, you Giants types don't REALLY hate da 'Boys... like a friendly hatred if that's possible. When I went to Giants Stadium last season for the Cowboys game these 2 guys even were nice enough to offer to deliver me from my 300-level misery and bring me down to field level. Y'all don't really hate us, right? Like in theory, I hate the G-men, but not really... let's just say, even though I've dug the guy forever, if Shockey were a Redskin, I'd hate him, and it would be personal.

I know a couple of 'Boys fans who started strutting like a ****, as they started wining, and for a short period there, obviously early in the season, started calling McNabb overrated and making Quincy Carter out to be better than him. I just hope you had more sense than that. Even though I hate the Eagles, I respect their players, especially McNabb...but that was darn out hysterical, and some of them truly believed what they were saying.:eek: You can't possibly respect homers to that extent.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
01-02-04, 01:03 PM

I know a couple of 'Boys fans who started strutting like a ****, as they started wining, and for a short period there, obviously early in the season, started calling McNabb overrated and making Quincy Carter out to be better than him. I just hope you had more sense than that. Even though I hate the Eagles, I respect their players, especially McNabb...but that was darn out hysterical, and some of them truly believed what they were saying.:eek: You can't possibly respect homers to that extent.

I may be blindly, stupidly faithful and hopeful every year, but I'm not stupid. After three straight 5-11 seasons, there really isn't any call for arrogance unless we win it all. Rather than arrogance, I feel like the most "proper" emotion right now is EXCITEMENT. Quincy isn't better than McNabb (at least not on a consistent basis), but then again I hate McNabb and the other Eagles beyond all remedy and love Quincy. But I will defend my guys against people who've called them no-talent overachievers the entire season, having seen these guys practice and play in person numerous times. All of these guys are talented and have the POTENTIAL to be awesome, especially the trio of Galloway, Bryant, and Glenn, it's just a matter of cutting down on mistakes and finishing games. Cuz seriously, they were the ability to finish games away from a winning record 2 outta the past 3 seasons. But yeah...I bleed blue and silver, but I'm not dumb. :)