PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers at Red Sox's 6-13-04

#1PaFan
06-13-04, 07:41 PM
Man, I almost forgot about this game.

Looks like it's 1-1.

As a Yankee fan, with these two rivals, I hope they beat the crap out of each other! ;) :gulp:

#1PaFan
06-13-04, 07:45 PM
A better throw from right would have doubled up the runner.

1 down for the Sahhhhhhx.

JeffWeaverFan
06-13-04, 07:47 PM
I just hope that Pedro gets hit hard in this game. He had his best start of the year in his last outing so I want to see him get back to his normal 2004 self.

2 outs now.

#1PaFan
06-13-04, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by JeffWeaverFan
I just hope that Pedro gets hit hard in this game. He had his best start of the year in his last outing so I want to see him get back to his normal 2004 self.

2 outs now.

Me too, brother! Not only would it help Our Yanks; I'm going against the Hated Bozidar in the Forum Fantasy League. AND, OF COURSE, the Hated Bozidar has Pissssssdro. How TYPICAL, huh?
It's one of the Laws of Physics: Weasels Gravitate Towards Other Weasels. :gulp:

The Dudgahs got out of it. WooHoo! :lol: :gulp:

JeffWeaverFan
06-13-04, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan

Me too, brother! Not only would it help Our Yanks; I'm going against the Hated Bozidar in the Forum Fantasy League. AND, OF COURSE, the Hated Bozidar has Pissssssdro. How TYPICAL, huh?
It's one of the Laws of Physics: Weasels Gravitate Towards Other Weasels. :gulp:

The Dudgahs got out of it. WooHoo! :lol: :gulp:
K for Pedro.:mad:

Next year I think I'll do the fantasy league. This year I did it on espn.com with my friend and decided against getting any red sox players.

Damn. I thought that had a chance there but Pedro gets lucky of course. He has shown some allright velocity but they have been hitting the ball somewhat hard so far.

SoCal Pinstriper
06-13-04, 08:10 PM
Nice Double playDodgers! Cubs go up 6-5 on Angels in 15th. With any luck, I won't watch any hoop tonight.

JeffWeaverFan
06-13-04, 08:16 PM
There's a BS call that goes in the Sox favor.:mad:

#1PaFan
06-13-04, 08:18 PM
Lo Taco or whatever is at the plate.

Is there a Wider Anus than Milton Bradley? Man! :lol: The Dodgers should trade that ******* to the Dallas Cowboys or the LA Lakers. :gulp:

Just get that Punk out of Baseball! :)

parkerstrong
06-13-04, 08:29 PM
Nomo has been horrible this year....I am glad we will face him when we play LA. He has walked 3 guys already and was bailed out by Manny hitting a 3-0 pitch into a DP with 1st and 3rd with 1 out. Nomo had an ERA of 7.33 coming into today. I doubt he can beat boston.

#1PaFan
06-13-04, 08:31 PM
Is that the Great Nosed One on first? How did he get there?

#1PaFan
06-13-04, 08:36 PM
Wow! The Fifty Megaton SnotBomb stole 2nd!!!! Good he didn't dive in Nose First! He would have dug up fossil remains.

SoCal Pinstriper
06-13-04, 08:36 PM
Nomo is from the Contreres school of pitching pace. He just grinds to a halt

JeffWeaverFan
06-13-04, 08:40 PM
Nomo is so bad.

WebsterMulligan
06-13-04, 08:40 PM
Nomo just got KO'd. Red Sox 4-1.

#1PaFan
06-13-04, 08:41 PM
To ME, this is the Basebal equivalent of the Cowboys versus the Vikings....

I cheer for NOTHING. I root for Zeros.

Actually, I root for Viruses! I hope they all get ILL!!! Let both teams just start vomitting all over the place!!! :lol:

StaceyRosie
06-13-04, 08:41 PM
No mo Nomo?

MaineSoxFan
06-13-04, 08:42 PM
Good bye Nomo. Pokey finishes him off.

Yanks21
06-13-04, 08:45 PM
What the heck happened to Nomo's velocity?

#1PaFan
06-13-04, 08:45 PM
Let both teams just start vomitting all over the place!!! :lol:

"Vomitting" can't be right! (is there a double 'T' there?) Puking sounds a lot better!

Great, Cro-Morrison grounded out 5-3. :gulp:

JeffWeaverFan
06-13-04, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Yanks21
How fast did he used to pitch?

MaineSoxFan
06-13-04, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Yanks21

Not sure, he only seems to get decent velocity when he throws it up in the zone.

pacewon
06-13-04, 08:52 PM
The umps bailed Pedro out big time before, he had Bradley picked off at first but Millar missed the tag on him. They still called him out. Green followed with a double down the line, then Lo Duca walked. It very likely would have been a big inning.

MaineSoxFan
06-13-04, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by pacewon
The umps bailed Pedro out big time before, he had Bradley picked off at first but Millar missed the tag on him. They still called him out. Green followed with a double down the line, then Lo Duca walked. It very likely would have been a big inning.

Or maybe not much of inning at all, who knows if Pedro would have thrown the same pitch to Green if Bradley hadn't been called out.

MaineSoxFan
06-13-04, 08:55 PM

Actually, I guess his fastball is normally only 88-89 mph. I thought it was faster

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/scouting?statsId=5375

Wrigley
06-13-04, 09:16 PM
Pedro has not looked very sharp at all. It has still been a pretty decent outing and he's gotten some luck on his side tonight.

Mo_04
06-13-04, 09:22 PM
Yeah, not his best stuff, and certaintly not his best control lol. But he has limited them to just 1 run in 6 innings so far. So it has been a good outing.

WebsterMulligan
06-13-04, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Mo_04
Yeah, not his best stuff, and certaintly not his best control lol. But he has limited them to just 1 run in 6 innings so far. So it has been a good outing.
Pedro usually manages to do well without his best stuff. He's now over 100 pitches. This is probably his last inning.

WebsterMulligan
06-13-04, 09:32 PM
Pokey Reese just made a great play. Wow! He has played Sensational defense all year. I wish the Yankees had him playing 2B.

JavyVazquezIsSick
06-13-04, 09:32 PM
That catch by Pokey was unbelievable...

cubswin
06-13-04, 09:34 PM

...they have been hitting the ball somewhat hard so far.

I thought they hit 2 balls hard off him all night: a long fly out to right and Roberts's 3B

cubswin
06-13-04, 09:36 PM
There's a BS call that goes in the Sox favor.:mad:

The replays were inconclusive (to take a phrase from the NFL) -- while he obviously didn't come down with it where he should have, I thyought the edge of the glove probably got the arm -- if you think about it, it would be tough for to come down with the glove at that angle and not get a piece of the runner. But he might have missed him.

NDBoston
06-13-04, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by WebsterMulligan
Pokey Reese just made a great play. Wow! He has played Sensational defense all year. I wish the Yankees had him playing 2B.

Red Sox fans still chanting "Pokey". Plenty of "Pokey" love in Fenway all year. Great signing by Theo.

Dave Roberts is still shaking his head over the catch.

:lol:

cubswin
06-13-04, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by JavyVazquezIsSick
That catch by Pokey was unbelievable...

Reese is fantastic in the field -- it's great watching him. While Bellhorn has done a nice job, I hope they have Reese in the game most nights even with Nomar back.

Wrigley
06-13-04, 09:39 PM
Didn't anyone else think that Jon Miller went a little overboard on that earlier pitch.. good grief, he scared the crap out of me.

"CURVEBALL!!!"

geeeez...lol, I like the enthusiam, but man...

SoCal Pinstriper
06-13-04, 09:44 PM
I think Miller is great. Lots of dry wit.

Mo_04
06-13-04, 09:44 PM
Wow, what a catch that was. Have any of you ever seen a better straight up leaping catch than that? That was a fantastic catch.

Haha and yeah cubswin, Miller sounded funny with his CURVEBALL!!! foultip call. I love listening to him though, he's great.

OilCan
06-13-04, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Wrigley
Didn't anyone else think that Jon Miller went a little overboard on that earlier pitch.. good grief, he scared the crap out of me.

"CURVEBALL!!!"

LOL!

Yea, me too. He got kind of over-excited.

Oh, and Pokey's got the spring-loaded shoes on tonight. Man.....

WebsterMulligan
06-13-04, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by NDBoston
Red Sox fans still chanting "Pokey". Plenty of "Pokey" love in Fenway all year. Great signing by Theo.

Indeed. Great signing by Theo. He's made a habit of that lately. Pokey's doing it all tonight. I agree with cubswin that Pokey should get the bulk of playing time at 2B.

WakefieldsCrewSox
06-13-04, 09:49 PM
I've been flipping to the NBA finals on the break (c'mon Detroit!) and I bet either team would LOVE to have that kind of jumping ability coming off the bench. Incredible catch.

Wrigley
06-13-04, 10:04 PM
Oh don't get me wrong Socal, I actually love Miller's play-by-play, but I'm overly concerned about the game when Pedro is pitching. The outcome can decide whether I had a good day or not. I sit on the edge of my seat and eat away at sunflower seeds madly when he gets into jams.. get up walk back and forth in the room...

-tz
06-13-04, 10:08 PM
Cmon Robin! :D

WebsterMulligan
06-13-04, 10:08 PM
C'mon Robin. Put one on Landsdowne street.

-tz
06-13-04, 10:10 PM
Damb, Robin Kd. Well, back to YES to watch the Yankees Encore! :P

StaceyRosie
06-13-04, 10:10 PM
Good now I can watch Yankee highlights on SportsCenter. ;)

cubswin
06-13-04, 10:11 PM

"CURVEBALL!!!"

aslo a play in the 1st inning, I think, when Izturis bunted with a man on 1st and Pedro fielded it, throwing Izturis out at 1st on a close play -- seemed to be shouting that "pedro will have to hurry" (or something like that)

ACPS
06-13-04, 10:12 PM
Nice win for the Sox. They've struggled in interleauge these past few seasons, looks like they might turn that around this time.

NDBoston
06-13-04, 10:12 PM
Foule has a 1.08 ERA and Pedro is down to 3.77.

Wrigley
06-13-04, 10:13 PM
Foule has a 1.08 ERA and Pedro is down to 3.77.

Pedro has now lowered his ERA by 0.63 in just two outings.

-tz
06-13-04, 10:13 PM
Foule has a 1.08 ERA and Pedro is down to 3.77. Well, a Foule and his money pitch might soon be parted ... ;)

Carissa
06-13-04, 10:25 PM
I just saw the replay of Pokey's catch on SC and it was awesome. :)

As for the Pokey-love, how can you not love a guy on your team named Pokey? ;)

WebsterMulligan
06-13-04, 10:28 PM

Pedro has now lowered his ERA by 0.63 in just two outings.
It's likely he'll get it under 3 runs a game by the end of the season.

Wrigley
06-13-04, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by WebsterMulligan

It's likely he'll get it under 3 runs a game by the end of the season.

The goal is to get it under 2.90, the last season he didn't was in 1996. If he can do better, the more impressive streak would be to have an ERA under 2.40, something he's done every season from '99 on.

OilCan
06-13-04, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Carissa
I just saw the replay of Pokey's catch on SC and it was awesome. :)

Chanting "Pokey..Pokey" while you and your two young sons jump up and down in your living room is fun. :)

It's much more fun than if he had been named "Fred" or something.

KC
06-13-04, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by OilCan
Chanting "Pokey..Pokey" while you and your two young sons jump up and down in your living room is fun. :)

It's much more fun than if he had been named "Fred" or something.

That's cute! :D Pokey is officially my favorite Red Sock.

WebsterMulligan
06-13-04, 10:46 PM

The goal is to get it under 2.90, the last season he didn't was in 1996. If he can do better, the more impressive streak would be to have an ERA under 2.40, something he's done every season from '99 on.
No doubt, an impressive streak. With Pedro, I would think he has a good chance get his ERA under 2.40. He leads the league in K's...as usual.

#1PaFan
06-13-04, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Carissa

Is you Serious, Woman??? Ever been in a men's locker room, Joey? :)

I have! The last thing ya want in there is some guy named "Pokey!" Especially if ya drop the soap.

Wrigley
06-13-04, 10:49 PM
Well, one thing is for sure - Nobody can call Pedro a liar when he said his struggles may have been due to a mechanical problem. Improves his record with Boston to 108-31, a WPCT of .777...the best ever for one pitcher with one franchise. (min: 100 decisions). 4-1 with a 3.10 ERA for them in the postseason.

If he stays with the Red Sox beyond 2004, he gets his number retired. Without a doubt.

#1PaFan
06-13-04, 10:55 PM
Yeah, the chinless one is one helluva pitcher! :)

(BTW, to my Brethren, SEE? we CAN co-exist!!!) ;) :gulp:

WebsterMulligan
06-13-04, 10:56 PM

Is you Serious, Woman??? Ever been in a men's locker room, Joey? :)

I have! The last thing ya want in there is some guy named "Pokey!" Especially if ya drop the soap.
Ouch! :lol:

Mo_04
06-13-04, 10:57 PM
Well, one thing is for sure - Nobody can call Pedro a liar when he said his struggles may have been due to a mechanical problem. Improves his record with Boston to 108-31, a WPCT of .777...the best ever for one pitcher with one franchise. (min: 100 decisions). 4-1 with a 3.10 ERA for them in the postseason.

If he stays with the Red Sox beyond 2004, he gets his number retired. Without a doubt.

He already should get his number retired. No matter where he goes. Look at his numbers in a red sox uniform. They are quite literally out of this world. He's one of those guys where during these last 7 years or so, really needed a higher league to pitch in than the majors. Where guys like him and Bonds could have had some REAL games. Lol.

stevethesoxfan
06-13-04, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by ACPS
Nice win for the Sox. They've struggled in interleauge these past few seasons, looks like they might turn that around this time.

Actually, they were 11-7 last year, tied with the Angels for 2nd in the AL. Yanks were first with 13-5, I think.

You are right that they played poorly in previous years.

4-2 so far this year...with COL, SF and Philly upcoming.

WebsterMulligan
06-13-04, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by stevethesoxfan

Actually, they were 11-7 last year, tied with the Angels for 2nd in the AL. Yanks were first with 13-5, I think.

You are right that they played poorly in previous years.

4-2 so far this year...with COL, SF and Philly upcoming.
They should probably handle those teams ok. Are they going to see Jason Schmidt when they play SF? I remember the comeback against Philly last year where Manny refused to pinch hit. I think that game turned it around last year for the Red Sox.

cubswin
06-13-04, 11:42 PM

...the more impressive streak would be to have an ERA under 2.40, something he's done every season from '99 on.

I didn't realize that -- that is pretty impressive.

Wrigley
06-13-04, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by cubswin

I didn't realize that -- that is pretty impressive.

Yes, now let's imagine that he wasn't pitching in the American League at Fenway Park. A streak with seasons of ERA's under 2 sounds more accurate.

Yanks21
06-14-04, 12:50 AM

I seem to remember when he was first up in the majors he'd top out at around 94, and would consistently be around 90-92. I guess that's changed over the course of 9 seasons...

Qlitch
06-14-04, 01:11 AM
Pedro is still Pedro.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
06-14-04, 03:50 PM
Lo Taco or whatever is at the plate.

Is there a Wider Anus than Milton Bradley? Man! :lol: The Dodgers should trade that ******* to the Dallas Cowboys or the LA Lakers. :gulp:

Just get that Punk out of Baseball! :)

:lol: I think it's pretty clear who was intended to read this.

Milton WOULD be way more exciting than most of what the Lakers have been showing me the past week though.

You're really something else, George. :gulp: