PDA

View Full Version : Who Saw Milton Bradley's Tirade ?

donniesrecordholdsup
06-02-04, 01:52 AM
i know it was stupid of him but since hes not on the yanks and it doesnt affect me ,i thought it was hysterical .throwing balls onto the field ?lol .left his helmet ,bat and batting gloves in the batters box .i thought it was funny .i wonder how many games hes gonna get ,and he'll probbaly get a few extra games then normal because of his reputation.

Brent
06-02-04, 01:55 AM
Did they not say his only problems in Cleveland were with his manager? And he wouldnt be a problem? He really flipped out.

flymick24
06-02-04, 03:11 AM
would someone mind explaining exactly what happened?

Big_E
06-02-04, 03:49 AM
Why was he ejected in the first place? I saw the meltdown on the news.

donniesrecordholdsup
06-02-04, 03:55 AM
bradley didnt like a call in a previous at bat .he came up the next time and said something as he approached the plate and got tossed .he took off his helmet and batting gloves and left them at the plate .then he went to the dugout and got a bag full of baseballs and let all the balls out onto the field .and then he threw one of them in the stands .funny thing is the umps kept his bat and batting gloves i guess out of spite .the dodgers wanted them back but they said no .and also the pitcher for the brewers was in a game in the arizona fall league where bradley punched an ump in the face and said he wasnt surprised about what happened tonight .i knew about most of his antics but i never heard that one before .

Rich
06-02-04, 06:25 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040602/capt.lad10606020450.brewers_dodgers_bradley_ejected_lad106.jpg

MaineSoxFan
06-02-04, 06:29 AM
He seems to have some similarities to another player, Jurassic Carl Everett.

NelsonMuntz
06-02-04, 08:37 AM
What an A-hole. Didn't he run over a girl with his car a few years ago?

silverdsl
06-02-04, 09:03 AM
I didn't hear anything about Bradley running someone over but it wouldn't suprise me if he did do something like that. I think he has serious issues which could lead to him really hurting someone. He's a very talented player but these outbursts are going to keep him from reaching his potential.

-Deborah

NelsonMuntz
06-02-04, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by NelsonMuntz
What an A-hole. Didn't he run over a girl with his car a few years ago?
My bad, he didn't hit anyone. He just drove away from an officer who was trying to give him a speeding ticket:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=1732903

Bradley was charged with driving 52 mph in a 25-mph zone in August. He also was charged with failure to comply after police said he drove away without signing his speeding ticket.

YankeeFan1
06-02-04, 09:33 AM
Milton Bradley is crazy as hell, but his meltdown was hysterical with a touch of Sweet Lou. You could tell that Bradley had lost it completely. Great stuff.

Alex
06-02-04, 10:10 AM
I wish I'd seen it. But it doesn't suprise me whatsoever. He's a caveman with talent. Like someone else said... Carl Everett II. I remember how much I hated his stupid showboating when he was with Cleveland. Then in interleague play, he had a run in with Paul Lo Duca (one of my favorite non-Yankees) when he pimped around the bases after hitting a HR against the Dodgers and now Lo Duca has to tolerate him as a teammate.

deranged2005
06-02-04, 02:15 PM
He's a jerkoff.

Hitman23
06-02-04, 02:25 PM
:lol: what a tool. He must be bitter over his parents playing that cruel joke on him.

51BWilliams
06-02-04, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by deranged2005
He's a jerkoff.

Very Eloquent. I like it.

hellonewman
06-02-04, 05:17 PM
Two words: Chemical imbalance.:uhh:

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor. I just play one on the Internet.

SoCal Pinstriper
06-02-04, 07:06 PM
It is a sad reflection on the current state of the Dodgers. Hilarious to watch,yes, but sad nonetheless. I wonder if the new Dodger ownership has the ability to right the ship. Although I am not a Dodger fan, I think that baseball would benefit from a competitive team here in LA.

As an aside, I did enjoy the "Top Ten Tirades" piece on Sportcenter. My favorite was Lloyd McLendon stealing first base.

Snap731
06-03-04, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Hitman23
:lol: what a tool. He must be bitter over his parents playing that cruel joke on him.

LOL, we all know he got picked on in school. "Hey Milton, here's your board game" WHACK!

And now, he's tossing bags of baseballs onto the feild.

krystl
06-03-04, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Hitman23
Really! :lol:

nyyfanatic85
06-03-04, 07:22 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bradley is a nut.

yanksrule69
06-03-04, 07:52 PM
I would not by pleased if this guy was on the Yankees making a mockery of himself (as if his name doesn't already accomplish that) and the team but since he is not I think it is pretty freakin hilarious.:lol:

penfold
06-03-04, 08:34 PM
His tirade's amusing as long as you're not a teammate or an opposing team member.

As an O'Neill fan, I'm a firm believer in ranting and raving but I feel you should only take it onto the field in EXTREME circumstances. I don't think Milton really had adequate reason to do that but I can't figure him out anyway.

YankeeClemens22
06-04-04, 07:05 AM
Suspended four games for his rant.

JeffWeaverFan
06-04-04, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by YankeeClemens22
Suspended four games for his rant.
That is quite a bit. Probably had something to do with his reputation. Personally, I loved watching it but Bradley is absolutely crazy.

BroadwayBomber55
06-04-04, 05:42 PM
Milton Bradley needs a straightjacket. He reminds me of Carl Everett.

While he was in Cleveland, he and L.A. Dodger Paul Lo Duca traded taunts and gestures at each other.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=230614105

Bradley even said this: ``I live by a simple creed,'' he said. ``If you don't know me and I don't know you, don't approach me and I won't approach you. Don't insult me and I won't insult you because you don't know what I will or won't do.''

I wonder what Paul Lo Duca is reacting to this tirade.

donniesrecordholdsup
06-04-04, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by BroadwayBomber55
Milton Bradley needs a straightjacket. He reminds me of Carl Everett.

While he was in Cleveland, he and L.A. Dodger Paul Lo Duca traded taunts and gestures at each other.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=230614105

Bradley even said this: ``I live by a simple creed,'' he said. ``If you don't know me and I don't know you, don't approach me and I won't approach you. Don't insult me and I won't insult you because you don't know what I will or won't do.''

I wonder what Paul Lo Duca is reacting to this tirade.

yea i remember when he said that quote ,that was funny .it 's a reference to an eminem song .i dont think any of the reporters realized that .

The Q Bomb
06-05-04, 09:50 PM
Just think - about three years ago - Frank Robinson fined some players (Bernie and one or two other Yankees among them) for wearing their uniform pants too long - yet this guy (Bradley) is still playing games. That tirade (funny though it was to watch) was disgraceful and he should have been suspended for a month and appropriately fined. And appeal?! What appeal?! It was on national TV for goodness sakes! This is just too messed up. What a nut job. I agree - Carl Everett JUNIOR!

krystl
06-06-04, 10:10 AM
Just think - about three years ago - Frank Robinson fined some players (Bernie and one or two other Yankees among them) for wearing their uniform pants too long
In that case, I am surprised Sheffield hasn't been fined. His pants practically cover his shoes.

MaineSoxFan
06-06-04, 11:07 AM
I read in the Boston Globe today that Jody Gerut, former Bradley teammate from Cleveland, compared Bradley and Paul O'Neill. Don't know about that one, O'Neill was emotional but I didn't think he acted like Bradley.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/06/06/guerrero_a_heaven_sent_angel_in_anaheim?pg=3

timnehringsgirl
06-06-04, 08:44 PM
Bradley is a nut case but I also want to point out that he was dealing with one of the worst umpiring crews in the game. Joe West is known for being nasty and he has hurt the Red Sox with crazy calls and ejections on several occasions. I did not see the incident and this sounds like a crazy stunt but with these umps I have to wonder if he was provoked

WebsterMulligan
06-06-04, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by MaineSoxFan
I read in the Boston Globe today that Jody Gerut, former Bradley teammate from Cleveland, compared Bradley and Paul O'Neill. Don't know about that one, O'Neill was emotional but I didn't think he acted like Bradley.
I don't ever recall O'Neill disrupting a game like Bradley did. O'Neill only took it out on himself (and the water cooler).

MaineSoxFan
06-06-04, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by WebsterMulligan

I don't ever recall O'Neill disrupting a game like Bradley did. O'Neill only took it out on himself (and the water cooler).

And boy did he take it out on the water cooler. I think the better analogy is still Everett.

Alex
06-07-04, 10:49 AM
O'Neill never showboated like Bradley either. O'Neill would mostly bash things in the dugout, etc. after striking out, not throw things at people or assault them....