PDA

View Full Version : Red Pox surrender yet another 1st inning run

pauliewalnuts2001
05-18-04, 06:34 PM
Wakefield pitching, Crawford singles and steals second, Baldelli sacs him to third, Tino (batting third) sacs him home. Red Pox losing 1-0 in the first inning, again.

Thats either the 15th or 16th game out of 38 games this season that Red Pox pitching has allowed a 1st inning run.

Moose35
05-18-04, 06:35 PM
Too bad Hendrickson is.. not very good.. and plans to give the run back plus a lot more.

MaineSoxFan
05-18-04, 07:09 PM
Fortunately the Sox were able to get 2 in the 2nd.

WakefieldsCrewSox
05-18-04, 07:26 PM
I'm not too worried with Wake on the mound. Now in the 5th and still only the 1 hit surrendered. Manny also looks like he will be eating this lefty alive tonight.

stevethesoxfan
05-18-04, 09:37 PM
Hey fellow Red Sox fans, why are you commenting on a thread created by an immature guy who insults your team's name?

We don't call their team MFY or anything similar on here. We deserve the same in return.

Coney36
05-18-04, 09:48 PM
It doesn't really matter if they surrender another one in the first if they get it all back in every inning after... does it? :confused:

DaBomber25
05-18-04, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by stevethesoxfan

We don't call their team MFY or anything similar on here. We deserve the same in return.

I don't think that would bother too many here. It would just be viewed as jealousy, and rightfully so. If you wanna stoop to that, it's your choice.

WakefieldsCrewSox
05-19-04, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by DaBomber25

I don't think that would bother too many here. It would just be viewed as jealousy, and rightfully so. If you wanna stoop to that, it's your choice.

His point was that we do not, whereas many posters on this thread do stoop to that level in their Sox references....I think that immature is the correct word.

NicktheStick36
05-19-04, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by WakefieldsCrewSox

His point was that we do not, whereas many posters on this thread do stoop to that level in their Sox references....I think that immature is the correct word.

Be that as it may, my team's dad can beat up your team's dad.

Leesha
05-19-04, 12:53 PM
This is just my opinion, and I'm not meaning to make my fellow RSN types angry, but this is getting silly. It's a Yankees' board. We Sox fans *chose* to lurk or post here. They can call us whatever they like--we can stop reading or leave.

Back to the original issue of us giving up first inning runs: I don't know what the deal is with that. Obviously it didn't kill us yesterday, and Wakefield pitched very well. It gets really scary when, say, D-Lowe pitches. I think he gets rattled easily when he is down in the game early. He's really having a rough start.

I guess we'll have to see what happens with Schill tonight.

Doc's Private Stash
05-19-04, 01:11 PM
Well, we have a very veteran starting staff, with Petey, Schill, Lowe, and Wake as our top 4. There's a reason the old adage "if you're going to get him, get him early" is an old adage. A lot of veteran pitchers struggle in the early innings as they try to figure out and establish the strike zone. While it is indeed frustrating to turn on every other game and find your team losing so quickly, I'm generally not that concerned with this trend so long as we score more than they do by the game's end. Obviously, this has been difficult for the Sox at times this season because of their depleted line up and poor offensive execution. But over the course of a season, I'd be perfectly willing to give up those one or two first inning runs any day of the week if that's all the starter ends up allowing for his entire 7 inning outing, as was the case with Wake last night.