PDA

View Full Version : Ok all you Guru's of baseball

Tino24
04-18-00, 04:16 PM
I have quite the dillemia in my fantasy baseball league..

Bobby Jones of the Rival mets just went on the DL.. so that means I have a open roster spot, If I "DL" him. Well I can pick up a pitcher, but there isn't really anyone good.. here are the top relief pitchers left:
John Rocker, but he's on Waiver Wire so It would take me at least 6 hrs to get him and thats only IF no-one puts someone in higher rank. Doug Brocail,Jim Mecir, Scott Elerton (DL) and Rich Garces.. or I can go for a starter who are: Bret Saberhangen, Russ Ortiz, Gil Heredia, Darren Dreifort or Danny Neagle.. now I could also do something else.. drop Bobby Jones, Pick up Sean Casey, DL him and pick up somebody else for a short time.. a Roger Cendeno or Chad Curtis.. just till Casey gets back and put him in my Utility position, cuz I have Tino at first..

any ideas? Thanx!

T http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/cool.gif 24
They Said, don't come back here Yankee

------------------
If Being a Yankee Fan is wrong, then by god, I don't wanna be right
DestiNY
Ends in NY
"OUR CAPTAIN AND LEADER HAS NOT LEFT US TODAY, TOMORROW, THIS YEAR, NEXT,OUR ENDEAVORS WILL REFLECT OUR LOVE AND ADMIRATION FOR HIM"

clipper
04-18-00, 04:20 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about.

------------------
"Does Coggins look like Bonds?" - Bill White 1975

MAFIA
04-18-00, 06:26 PM
PICK up GIL HEREDIA, the guy is gonna win 15-17 games this year.

------------------

orangemom
04-19-00, 10:22 AM
Heredia isn't a bad pick up, neither is Russ Ortiz. Depending on how your scoring is in your league, we have found that you get the really big points from pitching. Especially big strike out pitchers. Randy Johnson is my bread and butter, he keeps me near the top every time he pitches. Now if only I could figure out when to bench somebody and when not to. Seems like the minute you take somebody out of the line up, in favor of somebody who has been hitting better than him, they hit a stinking grand slam or something. Ahh, the trials of being a GM.

------------------
orangema
ansky39's favorite mom
"Every season has its peaks and valleys. What you have to try to do is eliminate the Grand Canyon." Andy VanSlyke

Tino24
04-20-00, 05:40 PM
Thanx for you help guys.. I decided to drop Bobby, pick up Heredia, then get Casey.. so I got the best of both things :)

T24

Ansky39
04-20-00, 07:13 PM
i'd go for casey ir sabes... both money players.