PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Basketball

KLJ
03-18-01, 09:50 AM
it's that time of the year again..

the sweet sixteen dance invitation list has almost been set and look who is on it.. my very own u. of m.. and boy do they have a great shot to make the great eight.. georgetown? come on.. georgetown has already won 2 more games then they should of.. the fairytale is over for them..

not sure who i want to win in the cincy vs stanford game.. need to do some scouting and see who would be a better matchup for my boys..

CJM
03-18-01, 10:42 PM
Don't dismiss Georgetown or any other team left for that matter.

A Maryland fan should know that better than anyone.

Winger03
03-19-01, 09:00 AM
In most cases, I'd pick against this years Georgetown team against MD. Except now in the Sweet 16. The Curse of Garyland is as strong as the Curse of the Babe.

I'm still not convinced that the Terps can win a big game in the tournament.

Ansky39
03-19-01, 09:45 AM
gtown gotta free pass w/ that last game... no way can they hang w/ the terps...

koko
03-19-01, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Ansky39
gtown gotta free pass w/ that last game... no way can they hang w/ the terps...

Agreed, but can Gary Williams hang in the Sweet 16? That's the real question. I'm pulling for you Terps.

KLJ
03-22-01, 08:06 AM
ok, thursday has finally arrived!!! thought it would never get here.. got a million things to do today but you can bet when 7:30 rolls around i will be up at the local sports bar..

this is it.. gary is finally going to get through that brick ceiling and make it to the "great 8".. then it's on to play stanford or cincy.. i don't care which one it is at this point.. i will dance a jig on the bar if md wins tonight!!!!

Ansky39
03-22-01, 08:13 AM
uggghh i had a nnightmare last night that g'town won...

i'm not that big of a terp fan, but i gotta lot riding on em... i'm in dc so there's like a zillion afterwork happy hours already planned for the game... can't wait, this is BIG!!!!

koko
03-22-01, 10:15 AM
Go ACC, Go Terps!
Go Duke - and take your ugly cheerleaders with you :D

MrJack
03-22-01, 10:15 PM
Congrats to all you Terp fans.....With my Gators out of it, I'm looking for a temporary bandwagon.....hmmmmm.

KLJ
03-23-01, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by MrJack
Congrats to all you Terp fans.....With my Gators out of it, I'm looking for a temporary bandwagon.....hmmmmm.

you may not be on the terps wagon for long.. lol

they play stanford next...

koko
03-23-01, 11:56 AM
Thank god someone's representing in the ACC. Is this the W that gets Williams over the hump? I hope so.

KLJ
03-25-01, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by koko
Thank god someone's representing in the ACC. Is this the W that gets Williams over the hump? I hope so.

oh my god.. my head may be aching, but i had to come on and post..

MARYLAND BABY!!!! wow.. what a game.. bring on the doofs from duke.. and roach k...

we kicked their asses 3 times already.. why not a fourth.. this will be fun.. no more miracle comebacks for them this time.. no more "instant classics".. this is going to be one to remember..

PettittesPrincess
03-25-01, 09:59 PM
Hope MD can't get past Duke. I want a Duke vs Arizona final.

Winger03
03-26-01, 09:22 AM
OK, I've bashed the Terps often, but this year they proved me wrong. Now excuse me while I go for another serving of humble pie.

Ansky39
03-26-01, 09:34 AM
wait, wait... don't stop bashing em now, you'll jinx em... I still got money on the terps going all the way and i'm thinking of throwing a couple more dollars on the duke game... gimme a week before you surrender ;)

KLJ
03-31-01, 08:45 AM
it's that time of the week again!!! time for my terps tp open a can of whoop-ass!!! duke was lucky to get the 2 wins they did against my boys, but they know we are a better team.. today may be the biggest game in acc history..

let's give it up for the TERPS!!!

patrick.o
03-31-01, 11:17 PM
Amazing game. Duke just wasn't going to lose.
Sorry for you, KLJ. But don't let this loss taint a great Final Four season.

MAFIA
04-01-01, 10:09 AM
DUKE did it! I AM pumped baby! MARYLAND is a very good team, but you know what? I would not say they are better, DUKE is the better team, they showed it today w/ pride and gut's, a team that just refuses to give up, down by 22 pt's in the first half I knew they were gonna come back, great game, a joy to watch, thank god DUKE won, now I hope they can beat ARIZONA , I will say ARIZONA is gonna be a tough one, this game is gonna be a great one also, I still get the great vibe's for DUKE after all these years of rooting for them, great team playing, great kid's, great coach, the best as far as i'm concerned, COACH K rule's!

bxny
04-01-01, 01:26 PM
Both teams were closely matched, the difference was in the coaching. Coach K took Gary Williams to school.

Arizona-Duke will be a GREAT game, too close for me to call.

PettittesPrincess
04-01-01, 04:49 PM
Oh I hope Zona can pull it out!

KLJ
04-02-01, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by MAFIA
MARYLAND is a very good team, but you know what? I would not say they are better, DUKE is the better team

i agree... and it kills me to say that

MAFIA
04-02-01, 11:33 AM
HEY PAL, I was not saying it to rub it in. AS much as you cannot stand DUKE, and as much as I despise MARYLAND, I would say we agree that we respect each others team's. GARY WILLIAMS has been bashed and hung by the media for a while now, but he's a great coach, he was a great coach who turned BOSTON COLLEGE around in the 80's when they were terrible, I alway's liked him. THE ACC is the best division in college basketball , the games are the best, believe me I would love an ACC title game, every game is a thriller. I just hope DUKE can get the monkey off there back and win tonite, the game against UCONN still bothers me, I want redemption tonite! ARIZONA is as tough as they come, OLSON also is a great coach, but I hope they do not make this a BOBBI OLSON storyline for the game, i'm tired of hearing about it.

PettittesPrincess
04-02-01, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by MAFIA
ARIZONA is as tough as they come, OLSON also is a great coach, but I hope they do not make this a BOBBI OLSON storyline for the game, i'm tired of hearing about it.

I totally agree. I want Arizona to win, but I think the media has turned this into another sob story, which it is sad, but let them play basketball. I mean let the man do his job and the players theirs.