PDA

View Full Version : reds 0 fors

nyy15
04-06-00, 07:44 AM
reds 0 fors to start season:

0-2 record
Griff 0-for-10 and has yet to get the ball out of the infield.

------------------

Ansky39
04-06-00, 09:25 AM
you guys got the toughest div in baseball man... I got the cards cwinning the div, but who know huh...

I completely ignore the brew crew and even they are playing w/ new found fire and intensity... don't sweat it though, competition is supposed to inspire the best out of people, and the reds in griff, have one of the very best... I hate to say it, cause as most know, I ain't much of a griff fan, but, the hr's will come,. and then the rest of the baseball world will be yapping about the greatest crap again...

on another note, the kid they wouldn't swap for him, pokey reese is showing his metal...

------------------
a39/55, bthgaPrez, shotgun's partner in crime & orangema's favorite son...

26 in 2000

God, I LOVE baseball...

nyy15
04-06-00, 11:09 AM
Ansky - Reds are notorious for being a slow starting team. Brew Crew will fall. They do seem to have good pen. I like Reese a lot. I believe Reese was originally a ss that made the switch to 2b with Larkin holding the position. IMO Alfonso Soriano can learn from Reese and move to 2b/3b. No way Sorinao is playing ss for yanks. But maybe 2b. A Jeter/Soriano double pay combo could be great.

I know chuck is solid and great lead off, I'm not ready to replace him yet. But if Soriano wants a future with yanks, he should consider moving to 2b. Long-term we could see the kid who is QB at Michigan (forget his name) at 3b.

------------------

Ansky39
04-06-00, 01:00 PM
word from the Post is cash has already promoted soriano to the big club to fill in for bros, and it's torre's call when he'll get the start... could be a soon as this weekend.

I really wish jimenez was around to fill in for bros, I love that kid, he's the real thing. but there's a lot of buzz on soriano, so this may be a good shot for him to make a name at the big league level... he's been smacking em out in the minors since ST...

he'll platoon w/ bellinger, and delgado... good chance to stand out against little comp, watcha think...

re: larkin: one of me favs... as good as they get...

------------------
a39/55, bthgaPrez, shotgun's partner in crime & orangema's favorite son...

26 in 2000

God, I LOVE baseball...

seahorse
04-06-00, 11:41 PM
I like Bellinger. I don't think he's little competition. His one error notwithstanding, his fielding is better. He's a smart hitter. And a good arm. Soriano is about six years younger I think. That right?

------------------
Best GoYanks!
a39fc