PDA

View Full Version : 'boys trade for Keyshawn?

cubswin
03-04-04, 08:55 PM
What do you think, Natalie and others? (Terry Glenn and Keyshawn together? A couple of model teammates there....)

pacewon
03-04-04, 08:58 PM
Did they trade Galloway for him or was it a draft pick?

cubswin
03-04-04, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by pacewon
Did they trade Galloway for him or was it a draft pick?

Not sure if it's done yet. What I read was that it would be galloway but that he wouldn't restructure, so it was expected to be a pick - probably 5th or 6th round next yr

SuperMario66
03-04-04, 10:13 PM
I say go for it. That offense needs all the help it can get and I think Parcell's can keep him in line.

PinstripePride
03-04-04, 10:15 PM
Maybe this can help Quincy be a halfway decent QB ;)

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
03-04-04, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by cubswin

Not sure if it's done yet. What I read was that it would be galloway but that he wouldn't restructure, so it was expected to be a pick - probably 5th or 6th round next yr

I see the NFL subforum has been done away with until the season... Sad.

As of Tuesday, as you probably read in the ESPN.com article, JJ had this to say about Galloway not wanting to restructure and the Cowboys giving up a pick to the Bucs instead:

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on Tuesday that trading a pick was not part of their discussions. "We need Galloway to get it done," Jones said.

Right now, as they did last year, they're opting to remain patient.

Mick Spagnola, the Cowboys' editorial writer, bandied about the idea of having both Keyshawn and Joey. This would mean that we'd have over 10% of our cap tied up in receivers. We do have quite a reasonable amount of room to do this, however.

From a talent perspective, this is exciting. Last season, our 1-3 WR were Galloway, Glenn, Bryant, in that order. Eventually, if he can control both his emotions and the dropsies, I see Bryant, who also wears #88, becoming the next big, #1, possession, Michael Irvin-type receiver we haven't had since, well, Michael Irvin. And I think, as any Jets fan can attest, a small, speed guy is not really cut out for the #1 role (see: Santana Moss). Having two sub-6' guys in Rocket Ismail and Joey Galloway for a few seasons did absolutely nothing for us. With Keyshawn, we'd have the possession guy at #1, and he's still good enough to draw a lot of double coverage. This would free up Galloway, our speedster, to do his thing and get open downfield. Glenn could then take over as the slot receiver, which seems to be an ideal role for him (it's how I use him when I play Madden, too). This, of course, leaves Bryant as the 4th guy, a role I don't see him being happy with, but he can learn a lot from Keyshawn (as long as he doesn't pick up the attitude too). Ideally, Bryant would have built on his outstanding rookie season last year and would be ready to take over at #1, as I think having Keyshawn around could set him back a bit due to decreased PT. The talent level, though, would be wild, not to mention the depth.

Now the question is, will Quincy be able to utilize the talent he has at the position? This all depends on him getting a good runner behind him, as well as better protection on the right side of the line. When given a solid pocket from which to throw and when able to utilize play action, he's shown that he "can get it done", especially with down-field throws. If all those pieces fall into place, then I really, really like this trade and think it makes us better.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
03-04-04, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by PinstripePride
Maybe this can help Quincy be a halfway decent QB ;)

:rolleyes:

SuperMario66
03-04-04, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35

:rolleyes:

Hey now. That isn't a comment worth rolling your eyes at. Quincy has had some good moments, but he has also had plenty of BAD ones.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
03-04-04, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by SuperMario66

Hey now. That isn't a comment worth rolling your eyes at. Quincy has had some good moments, but he has also had plenty of BAD ones.

See my sig!!! It's my duty to roll my eyes at a comment like that. :D

He's not elite, he's not great, but he sure is better than half-decent. With a good RB behind him, and with the elimination of stupid decisions, which he took HUGE steps in doing last season, he has POTENTIAL to be really, really GOOD. I think we all saw 2 times a game last season that this kid has a cannon for an arm. Whether or not he fulfills that potential remains to be seen, but it's definitely there.

(That said, I'm hoping we end up with Henson, for reasons which I've already gone into. I'm fine with Quincy, and I support him to death, but if you can get your hands on a guy with the potential to be not just really, really GOOD, but the next in the line of GREAT Cowboys QBs? By all means, PLEASE do it.)

SuperMario66
03-04-04, 11:43 PM

(That said, I'm hoping we end up with Henson, for reasons which I've already gone into. I'm fine with Quincy, and I support him to death, but if you can get your hands on a guy with the potential to be not just really, really GOOD, but the next in the line of GREAT Cowboys QBs? By all means, PLEASE do it.)

Me too! I would love to see Henson in a Cowboys uniform. I just need something to inspire me.

PinstripePride
03-05-04, 03:45 PM
See my sig!!! It's my duty to roll my eyes at a comment like that. :D

I knew that'd get ya...:lol:

If the Cowboys get Henson or Keyshawn or both, that division is going to be madness.

NYYFAN
03-05-04, 03:47 PM

If the Cowboys get Henson or Keyshawn or both, that division is going to be madness.

Henson's been getting bad reviews on his recent workouts...

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
03-05-04, 05:13 PM

:lol: Why is everyone always out to get the Cowboys fan's goat?