PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Pitchers Throw Perfect Game

bxny
03-14-00, 04:06 PM
Red Sox Pitchers Throw Perfect Game
The Associated Press
Tuesday, March 14, 2000; 3:29 p.m. EST

FORT MYERS, Fla. Pedro Martinez and five relievers combined on a spring training perfect game Tuesday as the Boston Red Sox beat the Toronto Blue Jays 5-0.

Martinez struck out six in three innings. He was followed by Fernando De La Cruz, Dan Smith, Rheal Cormier, Rich Garces and Rod Beck.

Nomar Garciaparra homered and drove in four runs for the Red Sox.

Elias Sports Bureau, the official statistician for major league baseball, does not keep records of spring training perfect games.

The accomplishment prompted little of the mound celebration that would have greeted a regular-season gem. Catcher Joe Sidall pumped his fist and ran out to congratulate Beck when he struck out Alberto Castillo to end the game.

Although many fans filed out in the late innings, those who remained stood and cheered for the last few outs.

Copyright 2000 The Associated Press

------------------

Bluesexy's daddy
03-14-00, 04:47 PM
Well well well......

The redsox fans finaly have something to clebrate for the first time since 1918.

Congratulations Redsox fans. Make the most of the big celebration. For you guys it only happens once per century so don't bother drinking any low budget champaigne. Get the best you can find and guzle it down.

What time is the victory parade going to be in Boston? Is president Clinton going to attend? Will the EPA grant you a special permit to throw a few cases of tea into the harbor? I hope so.

Now after you watch the YANKEES win another world series you can all get on the internet and say "wee was bettah caws wee had a pehfect game in Mahch". The sad thing is that you will probably all beleive it.

the sox better hope that was not Beck's last strike out of the year. With Gordon down they desperately need Beck to look like he did years ago.

Enjoy the parade....we'll wait until October for ours.

------------------
Q: What do you call a mets fan with a 70 IQ after he drinks a bottle of cheap whiskey??

A: A redsox fan.

kgblues
03-14-00, 07:17 PM
Gettin it done when it counts

------------------
kg

#1PaFan
03-14-00, 07:25 PM
LOL. Good post BSD!

We save ours for the regular season.

26 in '00

------------------

bxny
03-14-00, 07:37 PM
When was the Red Flops last regular season perfect game?

Answer: Cy Young 1904

....that makes their last World Championship seem like it happened yesterday! http://www.bronx-bombers.com/ubb/icons/icon8.gif

I see that Rod Beck aka David Crosby, was able to find time during the CSNY reunion tour to help out with the gem.

http://csny.net/img/6.jpg

------------------

kgblues
03-14-00, 08:23 PM
Hey, thats Al Leiter on the left.

------------------
kg

jg2
03-14-00, 08:27 PM
You know, (you guys will probably kill me
for saying this), but I'm happy for the Sox.
I am happy that they have something to
be happy for. GOOD JOB GUYS! Now Yankees,
lets go kick some butts!

GO YANKEES!!

------------------
join my club at
http://clubs.yahoo.com/
clubs/shortstop2

seahorse
03-14-00, 08:40 PM
I've never laughed so hard in my life. Youz guys is great!!! Oh yeah, and congratulations to all you beanbrains out there.

------------------
A39FC
Best GoYanks!

Butnud
03-26-00, 10:04 PM
BIG DEAL.....
Coney and Wells and can't forget Larson did it by themselves....
It took 6 pitchers to complete a perfect game...
AGAIN BIG DEAL.....

------------------
Today. I consider myself the luckiest man on the face the Earth. -Lou Gehrig-