PDA

View Full Version : Edmonds to Cardinals

MAFIA
03-24-00, 04:41 PM
ANGELS also got a great young player that will be great someday, ADAM KENNEDY, the kid is good, so I think the angels made out on this one.

------------------

Bluesexy's daddy
03-24-00, 11:43 PM
Well it looks like Stoneman was indeed liying like a rug when he said Edmonds was the opening day centerfielder.

The Angels sent Kent Bottenfield and an infield prospect to the Angels.

Bottenfield had a very good year last year:
18-7 3.97 ERA 190 innings pitched. Bootenfield will not dominate the league but he gives the Angels a good chance to win every fifth game.

This is a "win-win" trade in my opinion. The Angels were desperate for a decent pitcher and the cardinals got a great center fielder (at least for one season).

Most of us were pretty sure that Stoneman was being absurd when he claimed that Edmonds was not up for trade.

Stoneman, try to keep the hot air to a minimum during your next trade negotiations.....we know you are a pathological liar, you don't have to prove it any more.

Congratulations Angels, with the addition of Bottenfield you are less likely to unseat Minnesota from it's hold on the title of "worst team in the AL".

Well, Edmonds didn't go to Seattle or Boston so the YANKEES are very quietly snikering. Edmonds could have kept the Mariners infield from looking like the keystone cops this year.

Maybe the YANKEES will bid on him if the Cardinals do not convince Edwards to sign a contract. Maybe LeDee will blosom this year and the YANKEES won't care about free agent outfielders next year. I still beleive that Edmonds wants to be a YANKEE. It might still happen.

------------------
82 years......

My GOD ! That's 4 times longer than Odyseus' journey home from Troy !!

A story too long for Homer to tell.