PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Woods throwing 98 mph again

Bluesexy's daddy
03-18-00, 08:53 PM
Just heard on the radio that Kerry Woods threw 98mph heat today!!

Still no curves or sliders but that sounds like a pretty good sign after Tomy John surgery. Sounds like he still has a chance to be a great pitcher.

------------------
Q: What do you call a mets fan with a 70 IQ after he drinks a bottle of cheap whiskey??

A: A redsox fan.

NewYorkIrish
03-19-00, 09:54 AM
In the big baseball family, whether we "hate" certain teams or not, that IS good news. I remember some news reports at the time he blew out his arm saying that he may never pitch again. I'm really glad for him.

(P.S. If it were Jaret Wright, I wouldn't give a damn).

------------------

Official Bouncer - Ansky39 Fan Club.

"I love baseball."
- Roy Hobbs

"If they ask, 'who was our star?', give them 25 names..and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees......"

MAFIA
03-20-00, 07:57 AM
IT is good new's, I mean he was fun to watch, young kid that just has great stuff, it's a miracle that he's throwing that kind of heat again.

------------------

Bluesexy's daddy
03-20-00, 05:55 PM
Please !!! I don't want Jaret Wrong to have a career ending injury. It's way too much fun to watch the YANKEES kick his bewildered butt. They have so much fun taking batting practice off of Jaret.

I really enjoy the first inning of that 98 ALCS game when the YANKEES humiliated him. Has anyone figured out his post season ERA? It must be astronomical.....bigger than ken gripey's head.

------------------
Q: What do you call a mets fan with a 70 IQ after he drinks a bottle of cheap whiskey??

A: A redsox fan.

[This message has been edited by Bluesexy's daddy (edited March 20, 2000).]

NewYorkIrish
03-23-00, 08:05 PM
LOL Bluesexy! I still have the back page of the Daily News of a shot of Wright taken during that infamous first and only inning he pitched, he's walking towards the dugout, this tiny pathetic creature against a backdrop of Yankee fans laughing their asses off and hoisting their thumbs saying "YER OUTTA HERE". I LOVE IT. I can't stand that little snot.

------------------

Official Bouncer - Ansky39 Fan Club.

"I love baseball."
- Roy Hobbs

"If they ask, 'who was our star?', give them 25 names..and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees......"